John Fleck

Fair enough. All pro players are pretty much mollycuddled (is that a word?) though. ;)

Not sure about that, you should see some of the facilities at other clubs. We are lucky we have Auchenhowie and Ibrox Stadium, two world class venues.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought after the 3-0 game against Motherwell at Ibrox he was going to get more appearances was disappointed when he got loaned out

Tells its own story about the manager and his coaching team.

Fleck was never going to be a world beater, I've no idea where the comparisons with the likes of Durrant are coming from. To play for Rangers you don't have to have been a regular starter throughout your teenage years. He's younger than Hemmings, Ness, Hutton, Kal Naismith, Perry, Little and Kerkar by 4 years, and in his limited appearances has shown more than any of them have so far imo (be it not all that much), and yet people are saying all of these players have higher potential and could have a future with the Gers.

(tu)

Took the words out my mouth, if he was any good he would still with us!

Aye, if he was any good he'd be getting a game for us. Does the same not go for the rest of all our youngsters? There's probably a reason he's had more game time than the rest of them combined, at a younger age.

It sounds to me like it's the ones that overrated Fleck in the first place that are now saying he isn't good enough for our team. As I said, if you realise that he was never going to live up to the hype and become "the next Rooney", and look at what he actually offers as a senior player, it makes me hopeful that he can still have a decent career with us. After all, he is the only player of his type that we have. We're missing someone like him and have been for a while. Whether he is the answer, who knows? I certainly hope he is! Let's hope our biggest produced talent in the last 10 years doesn't fade away into nothing!! :21:

Don't think he will feature again for Rangers and im not to bothered about that.

TKB was more of a loss in my opinion.

TKB didn't have the control & accuracy that Fleck does have, but more than made up for it with energy & commitment - the lad definitely made things happen.

If you could put some of TKB's 'zip' into Fleck, you'd have a REAL prospect!

I don't see how he is the type of player that we have been missing, because I don't think we've ever really seen what type of player he is, or at least not since the days of watching the younger players on the old Rangers TV. I thought the two that stood out were Fleck and McMillan, but maybe it just isn't going to come through.

I would love to see what others see in him, but I haven't in any way seen it from him to date.

In all honesty, I hope every single Rangers player comes good. I've been a massive critic of Edu but am happy to acknowledge he's now worth his place and although I think that the likes of Whittaker and Bedoya are rank awful I'm desperate for them to prove me wrong.

Fleck is an enigma. He has ability but, like others have said, he's invariably on the periphery. Despite what others claim, I don't think he's done anything of note this season and can fully understand why the management are opposed to selecting him.

I don't buy this "Ally doesn't like him so he won't pick him". I'm certain there is friction between the 2 but if Fleck was to produce the goods then the manager would pick him. You don't have to like someone to work with them.

Its up to Fleck. Produce or fade away. You will only have yourself to blame if you don't make it.

He has had more chances than most and mostly was a let down. He never gets into games. Never seen him dominate ever. Poor work rate. Just not good enough and has a bad attitude too.

Still young, but I just cannot see him making it at Ibrox.

I don't know a single Rangers supporter who would not have liked young Fleck to succeed.

He's had many chances and delivered far too little, far too often to warrant longer runs. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up, but I don't expect to ever see him star for The Rangers.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Current Value <cr> Potential Value <cr> <cr>

Sky Sports Scout - John Fleck

John Fleck has long been tipped to make a big impact at Rangers and he is now starting to show that could be a huge star of the future.

The nephew of former Rangers star Robert, Fleck was long talked about because of his family connections - but he is now showing that he could very well be something special.

A muscular forward is very similar in build and style to Wayne Rooney, which has seen the media draw similarities between the duo, and Fleck himself admits he would love to become Scotland's version of the Manchester United star.

He has been in and around the first-team squad since he was 16 and became the youngest-ever player to appear in a British Cup final when he came on as a substitute in Rangers' 2008 Scottish Cup victory over Queen of the South.

He has benefited from the Rangers staff nurturing him rather than throwing him in straight away. He fired his first goal for the club in January and now looks set to compete for a regular starting berth.

Indeed, his impact with the Rangers first-team has seen calls for his inclusion in Scotland's senior squad - despite being just 17.

The scout says...

Fleck has benefited from Walter Smith's guidance, he has not been rushed and is now coming through at a steady pace - although he could very well make it impossible for him not to be a first-team regular within the next few months.

The next few years will be vital for Fleck and will show whether he will be able to live up to his tag of one of the best young players in Europe - a label not many young Scottish players have had in recent times.

The Scout rating

Shooting: 8 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 7 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Pace: 8 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 64/80

Current value: £5million

Potential value: £35million

Current Value <cr> Potential Value <cr> <cr>

Sky Sports Scout - John Fleck

John Fleck has long been tipped to make a big impact at Rangers and he is now starting to show that could be a huge star of the future.

The nephew of former Rangers star Robert, Fleck was long talked about because of his family connections - but he is now showing that he could very well be something special.

A muscular forward is very similar in build and style to Wayne Rooney, which has seen the media draw similarities between the duo, and Fleck himself admits he would love to become Scotland's version of the Manchester United star.

He has been in and around the first-team squad since he was 16 and became the youngest-ever player to appear in a British Cup final when he came on as a substitute in Rangers' 2008 Scottish Cup victory over Queen of the South.

He has benefited from the Rangers staff nurturing him rather than throwing him in straight away. He fired his first goal for the club in January and now looks set to compete for a regular starting berth.

Indeed, his impact with the Rangers first-team has seen calls for his inclusion in Scotland's senior squad - despite being just 17.

The scout says...

Fleck has benefited from Walter Smith's guidance, he has not been rushed and is now coming through at a steady pace - although he could very well make it impossible for him not to be a first-team regular within the next few months.

The next few years will be vital for Fleck and will show whether he will be able to live up to his tag of one of the best young players in Europe - a label not many young Scottish players have had in recent times.

The Scout rating

Shooting: 8 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 7 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Pace: 8 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 64/80

Current value: £5million

Potential value: £35million