John Fleck

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still had Jelavic though, you need a run of games if your going to have a chance to show what you can bring.

A game here and there was never going to be enough.

well said m8 but usual crap on here lets attack our own young players typical

well said m8 but usual crap on here lets attack our own young players typical

It's an issue that splits the support that's for sure but I personally feel Fleck COULD offer us something if he is given the chance.

I don't buy into the 'fall outs' with Ally as the manager was fighting hard to get John tied down on a new deal not so long ago so you have to think he can see that Fleck brings something to the table. The fact John has been here so long and talked about since he was 15 by us all makes it seem like he has had long enough to break through and show what he can do but I have followed his situation very closly and it's a mixture of bad luck, managers and the lad himself thats the reason he has not done as well as we would have hoped.

In the summer Fleck had a fine pre season before he got injured and was one of the bright sparks as Ally mentioned at the time but of course the injury disruped any chance of consistant football, we also have to remember the boy has been used in various positions and seldom in his preffered position in which he shone for the youth teams. This season and previous I have seen him played on the wings, in the middle and in the striker area, we do not really set up our team in the way which would see him play his natural position which is just behind the front man.

I understand why some have gave up with Fleck and you have to accept the points they raise BUT this is still a very young man who can and imo will improve as have young guys like McCormack, Burke and Adam who left us when deemed not good enough.

It's an issue that splits the support that's for sure but I personally feel Fleck COULD offer us something if he is given the chance.

I don't buy into the 'fall outs' with Ally as the manager was fighting hard to get John tied down on a new deal not so long ago so you have to think he can see that Fleck brings something to the table. The fact John has been here so long and talked about since he was 15 by us all makes it seem like he has had long enough to break through and show what he can do but I have followed his situation very closly and it's a mixture of bad luck, managers and the lad himself thats the reason he has not done as well as we would have hoped.

In the summer Fleck had a fine pre season before he got injured and was one of the bright sparks as Ally mentioned at the time but of course the injury disruped any chance of consistant football, we also have to remember the boy has been used in various positions and seldom in his preffered position in which he shone for the youth teams. This season and previous I have seen him played on the wings, in the middle and in the striker area, we do not really set up our team in the way which would see him play his natural position which is just behind the front man.

I understand why some have gave up with Fleck and you have to accept the points they raise BUT this is still a very young man who can and imo will improve as have young guys like McCormack, Burke and Adam who left us when deemed not good enough.

I think Fleck needs a good 10-15 games in a row to show what he can do - imagine the pressure he must feel when he gets 1 game at a time and then is back on the bench the following week. its almost like that episode of the simpsons where grandpa simpson is just waiting for homer to fail at gymnastics (just as he was about to jump he shouted "you're going to blow it", and homer fell in a heep). i feel we can be a bit like that with our youngsters.

Few of my mates went down for the Blackpool v Hull game - all agreed he was the worst player on the park and some of them are bears :anguish:

That means nothing when its an opinion on a Rangers player to be honest.

I think Fleck needs a good 10-15 games in a row to show what he can do - imagine the pressure he must feel when he gets 1 game at a time and then is back on the bench the following week. its almost like that episode of the simpsons where grandpa simpson is just waiting for homer to fail at gymnastics (just as he was about to jump he shouted "you're going to blow it", and homer fell in a heep). i feel we can be a bit like that with our youngsters.

I totally agree with this post cant remember which games but theres been flashes when Jelavic was still here and Fleck was slightly behind him he did make some incisive passes.The only thing is i dont know if its game time or being played out of position but sometimes his work rate leaves a bit to be desired.We may have no option next season but there would be worse midfields than Hutton Fleck McCabe and Ness.

If fleck was still at ibrox i would have him just playing behind big lee , He is one of only a few players at ibrox capable of creating something . He has a decent touch and an eye for a goal and how others are preffered like healy, little and even kerkar when he played up top is a joke . A hope he is back next season and we give him and other youth players a chance as this is the only way forward for the club.

I dont think he does. We only ended up bargain basement because we failed to qualify for Europe, its not the clubs fault the manager is unable to work with the second highest budget in the country. Its not like he is working on strings as tight as Danny Lennon, Kenny Shiels or Steve Lomas! In fact he has had too much support, the board jeopardised our future by allowing him to spend so much on his squad.

Good PR doesnt win football matches. Maybe the new manager will make him PR Executive?

Look at the balance sheet and tell me if he has spent a lot on the squad, one man leaving is more than he has spent bringing in about 9. The many areas in which the board jeopardised our future probably don't really include over-investment in the first team squad. As we have seen in the past, it isn't a good idea to try and qualify for Europe and then spend the money on the players to play there, you need those players to qualify. At the time, it was a bit suspicious, but more and more now, it is obvious that the stories about buying Cuellar, Goodwillie, Juhazh, etc, were just to string us along.

I just don't feel this season, with the utter madness and turmoil going on has been anything that could give us a chance to judge the manager. Walter Smith left, stating that we needed substantial investment in the squad to keep us successful, the substantial investment didn't happen, neither did the success.

Look at the balance sheet and tell me if he has spent a lot on the squad, one man leaving is more than he has spent bringing in about 9. The many areas in which the board jeopardised our future probably don't really include over-investment in the first team squad. As we have seen in the past, it isn't a good idea to try and qualify for Europe and then spend the money on the players to play there, you need those players to qualify. At the time, it was a bit suspicious, but more and more now, it is obvious that the stories about buying Cuellar, Goodwillie, Juhazh, etc, were just to string us along.

I just don't feel this season, with the utter madness and turmoil going on has been anything that could give us a chance to judge the manager. Walter Smith left, stating that we needed substantial investment in the squad to keep us successful, the substantial investment didn't happen, neither did the success.

Over £5m by a club who cant break even without European football. Considerable investment in anyones book.

The utter madness and turmoil only started when we were out of all 5 competitions entered. With all due respect, i dont care what Walter said, buying is what he done best, i would expect nothing else said from a man who spent almost £40m in 4 years at a club who could not afford it.

We play in Scotland, not the EPL or La Liga, we dont need substantial investment to win for goodness sake, that is a defeatest myth spread by people who are used to spending money.

My attitude would let me down too if I was groomed to be a #10 and then only ever given run outs on the left flank and rarely allowed to drift inside.

He's been horribly handled since he broke into the side. Surely some of it's an internal struggle for the lad, but the coaching staff has done their part. Fleck could still be a very useful player for us. It's not like Stevie Naismith was fucking gangbusters from the word go.

My attitude would let me down too if I was groomed to be a #10 and then only ever given run outs on the left flank and rarely allowed to drift inside.

He's been horribly handled since he broke into the side. Surely some of it's an internal struggle for the lad, but the coaching staff has done their part. Fleck could still be a very useful player for us. It's not like Stevie Naismith was fucking gangbusters from the word go.

Too many posters were too critical of Naisy early on and during recovery. Ain't the first time.

Too many posters were too critical of Naisy early on and during recovery. Ain't the first time.

And he's got what, five years on Fleck? Maybe Ally's memory on this one's a bit too long. Surely he missed a five-a-side chance once in his life too, yeah?