3500 scarfs sold

DavieCooper1

I forgot if you buy this scarf you have cost the club the price of a ticket plus £2.50.

Sorry, can you explain how buying the scarf costs the club the price of a ticket plus £2.50? Are you trying to say that the £2.50 is lost to the club? If so then yes, I knew that. Buying the scarf doesn't 'cost' the club anything. It gives them £7.50 that they may not have had otherwise and helps to fill Ibrox (assuming the guys running it don't do a runner)

As far as the RFFF goes, I've mentioned I'm going to pledge £100 to them. I just wish that we as a support weren't so divisive and ready to knock ideas that have the best interests of our club at heart.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, can you explain how buying the scarf costs the club the price of a ticket plus £2.50? Are you trying to say that the £2.50 is lost to the club? If so then yes, I knew that. Buying the scarf doesn't 'cost' the club anything. It gives them £7.50 that they may not have had otherwise and helps to fill Ibrox (assuming the guys running it don't do a runner)

As far as the RFFF goes, I've mentioned I'm going to pledge £100 to them. I just wish that we as a support weren't so divisive and ready to knock ideas that have the best interests of our club at heart.

It costs the club a ticket because lets face it we are always going to fill Ibrox from now to the end of the season that has been the plan since this mess started.

We have ones from America and so forth buying tickets and giving them to people, which has been happening all over the net this last couple of home games and will carry on until the end of the season.

The price of a ticket is £22 correct?

Well depending on the amount of tickets this red thing gets thats what you have cost the club by not giving that extra £10 to the RFF plus some other company has made £2.50.

And lets not forget the interest that this will give the persons bank account i dont see this being talked about?

It has cost the club the interest also.

It costs the club a ticket because lets face it we are always going to fill Ibrox from now to the end of the season that has been the plan since this mess started.

We have ones from America and so forth buying tickets and giving them to people, which has been happening all over the net this last couple of home games and will carry on until the end of the season.

The price of a ticket is £22 correct?

Well depending on the amount of tickets this red thing gets thats what you have cost the club by not giving that extra £10 to the RFF plus some other company has made £2.50.

Trouble is ... we didn't sell out our last game Vs Hearts.

Trouble is ... we didn't sell out our last game Vs Hearts.

Maybe I am wrong then maybe it's a good idea to ensure Ibrox is full until the end of the season?

But one things for sure the colour is a bad choice plus the cost and bank interest is questionable.

The money that Iam going to be giving to Rangers Is going straight to them or I am going to make sure it's in safe hands by fundraising for the R.T.I.D.N..I. And 100 percent of what I give will be going to Rangers.

If I where everyone else I'd be making sure your money is spent wisely and make sure it goes to Rangers.

Maybe I am wrong then maybe it's a good idea to ensure Ibrox is full until the end of the season?

It is a good idea, its a way of bringing in finance, both directly and indirectly and may help to increase the club's support in the future

But one things for sure the colour is a bad choice plus the cost and bank interest is questionable.

The Balck and Red colours are part of the clubs history, and are used to provide visability. Purple isn't part of the clubs colours, but many bought that away strip in the 1980s. Orange, oops, sorry tangerine, isn't a club colour but huge numbers bought that strip.

The money that Iam going to be giving to Rangers Is going straight to them or I am going to make sure it's in safe hands by fundraising for the R.T.I.D.N..I. And 100 percent of what I give will be going to Rangers.

I trust the Redand Black guys, you clearly have doubts. We all have to make our own judgement call on it.

If I where everyone else I'd be making sure your money is spent wisely and make sure it goes to Rangers.

As above

Billy, at the end of the day we are all pulling in the same direction, I hope your choice of method is a success, and I hope that the Red and Black scarf is a success.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing.

Rangers 'til I die

If it encourages someone to put an extra £7.50 in the club coffers that they wouldn't have done before why are people getting so upset about it?

I've paid for a scarf and that's over and above anything I'll put into the fighting fund and I'm sure the vast majority are the same.

So thats 3500 x £2.50 that has been diverted away from its intended cause.

Red & black nonsense.

So I take you know of some magic fairy dust where scarves simply make themselves do you?

Don't buy, by all means. However unless you are getting off your arse to do something then don't criticise others who try.

So I take you know of some magic fairy dust where scarves simply make themselves do you?

Don't buy, by all means. However unless you are getting off your arse to do something then don't criticise others who try.

There's no need for fairy dust mate, just stop and think for a wee second........

Scarf costs £10 + $2.50 postage. Thats £12.50 that people are willing to give up. Thats excellent.

But.....of the £12.50, only £7.50 is going to the club. Thats 40% being lost.

So, if for example 1000 scarves are sold, thats £12500 that has been generated. However, £5000 of the £12500 is going to cover costs. The point I am making is that, for the sake of a red & black scarf which, lets face it, wont even be worn by many, the club are losing out on £5000 that they could have had.

3500 scarves sold is equal to £17500 of "re-directed" money which the club could really do with. £17500. Thats a lot of money lost.

As for geting off my arse to do something, I've already stated in this thread what I intend to do as soon as the account details for the fighting fund are announced, and I'll be at every home game (hopefully) until the end of the season, when I shall be buying 2, possibly 3, season tickets for next year.

Fair play to the guys involved, and fair play to anyone who has spent their cash, but I just think that the 40% could go to the club & the scarves themselves are a bit of a red (and black) herring.

There's no need for fairy dust mate, just stop and think for a wee second........

Scarf costs £10 + $2.50 postage. Thats £12.50 that people are willing to give up. Thats excellent.

But.....of the £12.50, only £7.50 is going to the club. Thats 40% being lost.

So, if for example 1000 scarves are sold, thats £12500 that has been generated. However, £5000 of the £12500 is going to cover costs. The point I am making is that, for the sake of a red & black scarf which, lets face it, wont even be worn by many, the club are losing out on £5000 that they could have had.

3500 scarves sold is equal to £17500 of "re-directed" money which the club could really do with. £17500. Thats a lot of money lost.

As for geting off my arse to do something, I've already stated in this thread what I intend to do as soon as the account details for the fighting fund are announced, and I'll be at every home game (hopefully) until the end of the season, when I shall be buying 2, possibly 3, season tickets for next year.

Fair play to the guys involved, and fair play to anyone who has spent their cash, but I just think that the 40% could go to the club & the scarves themselves are a bit of a red (and black) herring.

I think the point is people will put what they want into the fighting fund, let's say £100 is their personal limit. They still do this but also buy a scarf that's £7.50 that the club gets above and beyond the donation.

Yes it would be better if they gave £112.50 straight to the fund but people draw the line somewhere and if it wasn't for the scarf that's where their monetary input would end.

Fucking hell.........so 3500 folk have been good enough to part with £12.50 each, to help the club, and £5 out of every £12.50 is being lost to "cover costs".

Waken up guys.

Mate, knowing what folk are like, I can guarantee that many of those people would not have just paid 12.50 to Rangers for nowt in return. That is the standard joe-blow psyche. This way they get a scarf and the club get money and everyone is happy - surely a good thing rather than everyone getting nothing?

I heard about an RSC last year who when they were asking for the annual dues of around 20 quid folk were asking "what do we get for that?". For a score!!! Thats the standard mentality unfortunately, and I can see exactly what you are saying, but folk like you can stick the cash straight in, and other folk who want to get something for their cash are also catered for.

BTW, I am not saying that everyone who bought a scarf is thinking like that either. ;)

Let's make it simple.

I've bought a scarf, £12.50. £2.50 for costs and £2.50 for delivery.

I'm going to donate to the RFFF prob about £100 initially.

Now I've invested £107.50 at this point.

If the scarfs weren't on offer, I'd have still only gave £100 to the RFFF anyways.

So the club are £7.50 better off via the scarf.

It does make sense

Let's make it simple.

I've bought a scarf, £12.50. £2.50 for costs and £2.50 for delivery.

I'm going to donate to the RFFF prob about £100 initially.

Now I've invested £107.50 at this point.

If the scarfs weren't on offer, I'd have still only gave £100 to the RFFF anyways.

So the club are £7.50 better off via the scarf.

It does make sense

(tu)

Everybodys happy.

Lets just save our club.

Best way to support the Club is get to the games or buy official merchandise I'd of thought

I've thought of official merchandise, but frankly I don't know how much of that is now farmed off to other firms ala JJB. Maybe others could enlighten me.

One thing:

Assuming that Rangers TV produce a cash amount for Rangers, where possible we should buy it on a match day rather than asking for *cough* mixture if we can't get to the game.

Can't believe the mentality of some fans at times making points/complaints about the scarves.

Not all the fans can donate much to these "consortiums" so this a way of helping the club without being financially tied to a monthly debt. It's a small donation that all the fans can afford and a one time thing.

Moaning about the black and red colours too. Do you moan when the players have them on their socks?

Kids will have a good day out and maybe the price of a programme thrown in for each one. Depending on how much is raised of course.

It's a good thing to help the club. Can't see why people wan to to condemn the goodwill of the guys running it and the fans that are rallying to it.

Yes, I have ordered some.

Up to 4110 so far it seems, although the counter is updated manually. Not bad for a few days.

That's roughly 30,000 quid. Even if they don't buy tickets if demand is so high for sales for the remaining games (not counting OF of course), the money will go to good use towards the club in some way.

I've thought of official merchandise, but frankly I don't know how much of that is now farmed off to other firms ala JJB. Maybe others could enlighten me.

One thing:

Assuming that Rangers TV produce a cash amount for Rangers, where possible we should buy it on a match day rather than asking for *cough* mixture if we can't get to the game.

Its only legally broadcast live abroad i think, hence the "coughs"

Haven't been paying attention the last few days so I need someone to enlighten me.

This idea of selling Black&Red scarves is a completely different thing to the RFFF?

Where do you buy the scarves? and has the RFFF been set-up yet?

And who's selling the scarves?

Haven't been paying attention the last few days so I need someone to enlighten me.

This idea of selling Black&Red scarves is a completely different thing to the RFFF?

Where do you buy the scarves? and has the RFFF been set-up yet?

And who's selling the scarves?

See BEARGER page two of this thread. ;)

What scarfs? And where can you buy them?

www.redblackrangers.com

red and black scarves, with all profit going into the club

Reason for the red and black explained on the site

*to stand out/differ from the traditional red/white/blue bar scarves everyone has (talking point-more interest

*colour of the socks and many alternative away and third kits

*original colour of the ancient borough of Gova

*original colour of Rangers Swifts

*to make a real statement and use as a show of defiance to our detractors

Run by my brother who is a die hard blue nose and is doing it 100% for the club. No alterior motives. Anyone on here that knows Stuart and can vouch, knows hes a good Rangers man. Not run by the RST but they have assisted with the website and contacts.

Get behind it Bears.