Kennedy will bid

markybear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bits I like: “If I have the ability to stop it from going to the wall and disappearing then I will use all my powers to do that”.

This I do not:"A camel is a horse designed by committee and I am not into committees or consortiums".

This statement is generally very interesting:

Kennedy has admitted that he has no worries about the big tax and it won’t have impact on his offer.

“I have no issues with that,” he insisted. “With a CVA you completely insulated from that, so that is not an issue for me".

Mmmmmmmmm,not sure.

Why are you not sure about the tax bit? No offence but I think the guy will know how these things work better than any of us

To be fair, If its a choice of rangers going to the wall or this guy taking over I know what I want.

The guy has been pretty honest in thr tabloids regarding his bid and his colours by the looks of it.

He could possibly be the type of person we really need at the helm

Cant see him committing much of that to a team he doesnt support, thing he would be more likely to only invest his business skills and let the club finance itself out of trouble

Tony Fernandes is a Hammer but happily investing in QPR.

Tony Fernandes is a Hammer but happily investing in QPR.

It matters not who you support, if you want to be a successful business man you need to separate from that kind of thing. Most owners these days have no ties to the club they own at least this bidder has family who love the club, regardless of whether he was a blue nose or not I very much doubt he’d plough money in without thought.

What we need now is an owner/owners who have a vision for the club to be run correctly and vitally can run on our own means…no more loans..no more debt just good management at all levels.

If Kennedy is this man then so be it, if not then hopefully there is at least 1 group or bidder who has these goals.

I'd much rather a Rangers man.

Hardly any club is run by fans of the club.

And that's a good thing, I'd rather have someone with no real connection who is ready to make hard decisions if necessary, than someone who thinks with his heart.

Although I'd love to have a type like Napoli's owner, he's from there, loves the club and is willing to spend millions on players :crabflute:

Deja vu on here.

It appears some haven't learned from the Whyte debacle. (tu)

I think vaguely comparing anyone to Craig Whyte is harsh.

And I also think you underestimate the strengths of the administrators, if anyone can spot a 'shyster' arriving then I'd hedge my bets on them being able too.

Am lost here mate? Care to expand :lol:

All the comments about a guy nobody has the first clue about but are supporting on the back of a press article.

Comments like, "he will know more about tax situation than us" "sounds like a straight talker" etc etc

Go back to April, may and June and you will see all the same shit written about Craig Whyte. Some of that shit is still getting written by Bovril Heads who haven't got a first clue about anything.

I'm not saying Kennedy is Whyte but people should beware. From memory, his Stockport County days were iffy.

All the comments about a guy nobody has the first clue about but are supporting on the back of a press article.

Comments like, "he will know more about tax situation than us" "sounds like a straight talker" etc etc

Go back to April, may and June and you will see all the same shit written about Craig Whyte. Some of that shit is still getting written by Bovril Heads who haven't got a first clue about anything.

I'm not saying Kennedy is Whyte but people should beware. From memory, his Stockport County days were iffy.

That was me who made the comment about the tax case and it was because a poster said hmmmmm when kennedy said he would have it all rolled into a cva, so I posted I'm sure he would know if that could or couldn't happen!

His stockport days maybe a bit iffy but darche vinny said sale have gone from strength to strength under his ownership

Kennedy made a comment similar to what the administrators have said that i still dont understand.

that he would be "insulated" by the big tax case due to a CVA. The administrators have said somthign to that effect aswell, that its not really important either way....

perhaps someone with a bit more financial knowledge could explain this a little?

to me it seems that the tax case woudl very much be a factor. If HMC accept a CVA of say 50p to the £1, and we currently owe them 18m - so they would be agreeing to 9m repayment. But if they win the £49m, we would still owe 24.5m? So i take it that it doesn't work like that at all then judging from Kennedy & the admins comments?

I like the sound of this guy tbh, although his judgements do need to be mentioned..Hibs? :anguish:

In all seriousness though, he does seem to be a good option, agreeing that if there was an offer better suited to the club he would happily back it! Also he has experience in running a large sports team so that's a bonus.

The thing is, it doesn't matter who it is that takes over, only time will tell how good an option they are! Let's just hope the admins get it right!!