Kennedy will bid

markybear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this and it doesn't sound too good. :anguish:

Former Stockport County chairman Brendan Elwood admits that he now regrets selling the club to Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy.

Elwood sold County in the summer of 2003, when Sale moved to Edgeley Park.

But County are now in a sad plight, in danger of a second successive relegation, after winning just 10 league games in two seasons.

"I wish I'd never met Mr Kennedy, I wish I'd never sold it to him," Elwood told BBC Radio Manchester.

"The deal I did with Mr Kennedy, which I thought would be the best deal for the football club and the town, unfortunately hasn't been the case.

"I wish I had advertised it and found a consortium of local businessmen with the financial means to take it forward."

After two years in charge, Kennedy did a deal with the Stockport County's Supporters' Trust in 2005 to take over the football club from Cheshire Sport, the company set up to run both County and Sale.

And the club enjoyed success in 2008 when, under Jim Gannon, County went back up to the third tier of English football via the play-offs.

But Stockport have fallen on hard times again, getting relegated after spending the whole of last season in administration.

The 2015 consortium, consisting of local business people, took over in the summer, bringing the club out of administration.

But results have continued to be poor, culminating in manager Paul Simpson's sacking on 4 January.

And they now stand 20th in the League Two table, just two points clear of danger, and fearful of going down to the Conference.

"It's a terrible situation," said Elwood. "I feel sorry for the present consortium.

"I really am so gutted and desperately disappointed that the football club could get in this position.

"The problems started when Mr Kennedy, for some reason, gave the club to the supporters' trust, people who had no experience and no money.

"I'm very, very despondent. I don't think anyone will come in and invest any money in Stockport County as they've got no assets or nothing to guarantees any investment.

"I feel it's only a matter of time before the football club disappears completely.

"The latest people who have taken over are doing their very best but are fighting a battle they cannot win."

BBC Radio Manchester contacted Sale Sharks, asking for a response from Brian Kennedy but he declined the request.

We have to leave it in the hands of the administrators.

Personally I really don't care who we end up with as long as it is the BEST deal for our club.

More bidders equals more options and that can only be a good thing.

Tbh people saying that they would rather a Rangers man, its more important we have a business man in first and foremost who will run us properly

Well said.

I must say, I like his words. They seem to be realistic and honest, with him clearly wishing us the best possible outcome.

He portrays himself as a responsible, trustworthy and decent man.

I now sense no alarm bells regarding his possible ownership.

We have to leave it in the hands of the administrators.

Personally I really don't care who we end up with as long as it is the BEST deal for our club.

More bidders equals more options and that can only be a good thing.

You have just contradicted yourself; and I am glad you did, because you obviously do care who we end up with, and we should be putting these bidders through the wringer before we align our hopes to them; and if someone is successful in their bid then we should be again doing the same thing, over time, to see what they bring to Rangers over time. Surely, if we have learned anything at all, it is that you have to in some way earn the respect of Rangers fans, and that it won't be taken as a given.

hope he doesn't win. hibs fan and ruined one football club already. not to mention a history of liquidations.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about; many of us seem very reluctant that any bid should fail due to past history, or hidden history, or affordability and so on. Those points you raise are better raised and examined now; there is absolutely no point in someone investing in Rangers who is either not capable of fulfilling the hopes of the fans, or has no desire to do so. The fans, I believe anyway, want to see the Rangers run properly, and honestly, and with those doing that being orientated to the sensitivities of the fans; if a person can't do that then, as far as I'm concerned anyway, they have business even bidding.

How much detail do you know of is time at Stockport? How did he 'ruin' them? Which companies has he liquidated in the past?

Well, it would harm no one at Rangers to look into it. As a mere fan I intend to look at it, and I would urge fans to go and do their own reading, and read the news with discerning eyes also.

This guys track record is awesome, He has £3.2 billion in assets and a guestimated personal fortune of £250 million+ The most impressive part for me though is his track record at turning round ailing companies fortunes, far from being the asset stripping wrecking ball that is Craig Whyte Mr Kennedy is a company rescuer who seems to have vision and integrity. I want Rangers to be self reliant and not junkies to some rich man's hand outs, we need a proper business model set up to capitalise on our massive World wide fame and he may well just be the right man at the right time.

This guys track record is awesome, He has £3.2 billion in assets and a guestimated personal fortune of £250 million+ The most impressive part for me though is his track record at turning round ailing companies fortunes, far from being the asset stripping wrecking ball that is Craig Whyte Mr Kennedy is a company rescuer who seems to have vision and integrity. I want Rangers to be self reliant and not junkies to some rich man's hand outs, we need a proper business model set up to capitalise on our massive World wide fame and he may well just be the right man at the right time.

Well, if he even offered half that then it would be something; but what are his plans? His track record isn't very good when it comes to his past involvement in sport; why should this be different if he invests in Rangers?

Well, if he even offered half that then it would be something; but what are his plans? His track record isn't very good when it comes to his past involvement in sport; why should this be different if he invests in Rangers?

The thing that worries me is that he said he “ Doesn’t want to buy Rangers “ but he feels he has no choice if no other deal is acceptable.

If you don’t want to buy something then you are not exactly going to go that extra mile to see it flourish…

Just the feeling I’m now getting from this.

The thing that worries me is that he said he “ Doesn’t want to buy Rangers “ but he feels he has no choice if no other deal is acceptable.

If you don’t want to buy something then you are not exactly going to go that extra mile to see it flourish…

But at the same time you're hardly going to flush tens of mllions away just to keep them alive either are you?

That was my point exactly last night; I have never heard of someone tendering a bit like that for anything; and it either shows he is manipulative, or possibly doesn't like to lose at things when he knows there is the possibility of him doing so. As far as I'm concerned I would like someone else from what I have read of him so far.

He has transformed them from a financially struggling regional outfit into one of the elite clubs in English Rugby (including 2 European Cup wins).

Well, again, that would point to his favour. I will never let it go with myself that I had questions about Craig Whyte that I chose to ignore: it hurts for me to admit that, but I don't ever want to go down that road again.

Well, again, that would point to his favour. I will never let it go with myself that I had questions about Craig Whyte that I chose to ignore: it hurts for me to admit that, but I don't ever want to go down that road again.

Were you in a position to do something about it? If not then stop posting such melodramatic shite.