Qatari Holding may well NOW bid for Rangers FC

rangersxfc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Di Stefano he made us sound very appealing to them. The fact we have a loyal world wide fan base, pretty much guaranteed european football every year, great stadium that holds 50,000. Only thing that goes against us is the fact we are in Scotland but I suppose to one of these mega rich guys we could be an ideal club to start work on as a long term project, especially just now as we are going to need to rebuild greatly in the summer.

This story is ancient. It was released about two weeks ago and there hasn't been any comment made from QIA so it's probably a lot of shite.

This is an update. I agree it's probably a load of shite though.

The problem places like Adu Dhabi and Qatar have is that due to the high price of oil and the general malaise in the world economy, they're up to their knees in petro-dollars and don't have that many attractive places to invest it. They've all set up sovereign wealth finds to invest the cash and have been busily buying up businesses around the globe, but football clubs make a high-profile focal point. It's hardly a new thing. Milan has been the public face of Berlusconi's Fininvest empire for years.

Still, wonder if "we're up to our knees in petro-dollars" would constitute an acceptable version of TBB?

If those bad people have a fotune of over £100 Billion pounds then I will hapilly sell to them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Investment_Authority

Here are some key points about them

-Linked with a £200 Million takeover of Everton

-Rumoured to be prepared to bid up to £1.5 billion for Manchester United F.C

-QIA acquired 70% of the capital of Paris Saint-Germain, a French football club, in order to develop its presence in Europe

£125million shirt deal with Barca as well.

Are Qatar owners likely to care about the history and tradition associated with this club and with holding that tradition for the next 140 years?

To me that's more important than some some sugar daddy willing to pump money in left right and centre.

Yes.

I'm not saying it's the same as the Man City deal, but they've took tradition into account there with all the red and black striped merchandise.

Not the best comparison or whatnot, but it just shows they won't throw everything away to make money - unless it's drastically needed.

To be fair, the PSG owners are pumping a lot of money into Youth Development which they hope to reap the benefits of over the next 5-6 years to allow the club to continue to compete at the top level and produce homegrown talent.

One couldn't complain if they took over.