Modification of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speach

delamonty

I love MLK's "I Have a Dream" speach.

I have taken the liberty of modifying a few paragraphs since I think it helps define us and where we are.

It would be fatal for the Rangers support to overlook the urgency of the moment. This period of our discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. 2012 is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Rangers needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in Scotland until the Rangers are granted our rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that we hold dear, to those who stand on the warm threshold which leads to justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights as set forth by Mr. Struth.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Rangers family must not lead us to a distrust of all that are not 'chosen'. For many of our brothers as sisters, as evidenced have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

00000042.gif

Original speach

I decided to adapt one of Mr Churchill's quotes :)

We shall defend our club, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the pitch, we shall fight on the terraces, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender :uk:

:D