RST Demand Swift Action From Administrators

Dl2068

The Rangers Supporters Trust are demanding swift and decisive action is taken to ensure the club is under new ownership before the end of the season.

The Rangers Supporters Trust made the call after bidders raised concerns about club administrators Duff and Phelps delaying the administration process.

The fans organisations are also calling for:

Clarity from administrators over what legal proceedings, if any, have been instituted against Craig Whyte in order to gain control of his shares.

Craig Whyte should hand over his shares to supporters groups or administrators in order to allow a quick transfer of ownership. He has previously stated that he was considering gifting the majority of his shares to a supporters’ foundation so in the interests of the club he should do this at the earliest opportunity.

Brian Kennedy to consider joining Blue Knights Consortium after his bid was declined. Through this process he has acted as someone with the best interests of Rangers at heart and his insight and investment could add value to Blue Knights proposition.

A Trust spokesman said:

"The administrators appear to be dragging their feet which is far from ideal with the end of the season now just weeks away. The financial consequences of going into the summer without a new owner are serious and would significantly increase the likelihood of liquidation.

Getting Rangers out of administration and back on a sound financial footing should be the only priority for people associated with the club which is why it was absolutely shameful for Craig Whyte to be suggesting he won’t deal with the Blue Knights. Craig Whyte used the fans' money to fund his takeover so it would be unacceptable for him force the club into liquidation."

This unrepresentative body gets way too much air time with their posturing.

The most important thing for the administrators is making the right decision, not a quick one.

Of course this statement is nothing to do with vested interests from those pulling the strings at the RST, is it?

I can understand their frustrations, I think we all can but D&F have been involved in two court cases on Rangers behalf and been running the rule over all the bids, this on top of handling the day to day running of the club.

This takes time when you consider SDM and CW took months to conclude a deal with only two parties involved the RST may have to adjust their expectations on timescales accordingly.

D&F are answerable to the court that appointed them so I don't think they will be fannying about for the hell of it, we will have lost our European license by tonight but that is a small price to pay to get this right.

We simply can't come out of admin till after this tax case is finished once and for all, what good would it do for someone to buy the club then a few days later be hit with a bill that could be as much as £50m?

It's Hmrc that are dragging this whole process out not the admin, would not shock me if they tried to push the announcement back another few months just to cause more problems for us.

Could just imagine a certain rst puppet master getting his hands on whytes shares :disappointment:

That was my main take from that, too.

The thought of the t-shirt tout having those is worrying.

Probably one of the most complex administrations to happen in the UK this year - cash missing all over the place, paper trail convoluted, a fking crook and conman trying to make money from us (craig Whyte in case anyone is in doubt to whom I mean) but some self promoting group exect said crook to 'give away' his shareholding :lol: :lol:

I know you understand what happens when shares are put in a trust.

Alas, where there is a want, things can be done to suit ones own agenda. Anyway this rst is nothing more than a busted flush....have not achieved anything of note , since that day I love the sound of broken glass appeared to get the thing up and running.

Why should an insignificant organisation be given shares in trust or whatever. They have proved that they have the skills to fuck up.