The greatest Ranger of your time?

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_59293322_mccoist.jpg

This picture shows why Ally McCoist will forever in my mind be the greatest man who ever played for my club.

What you said!!

From growing up pretending to be him on the pitch to seeing how much the club still means to the man today, that is why Alastair Murdoch McCoist Is in my mind the greatest Ranger of my lifetime :praise:

A few years back there was a thread on here about the greatest Ranger ever. Struth quite rightly was most people's choice, his record is pretty much unbeatable and his influence still felt today. Someone suggested McCoist, at that time assistant to Walter. At the same age Ally's record was much better, Struth never played for the club of course but even then you couldn't look past Struth for sheer presence and influence.

In the last few months I'd say McCoist has helped guide not just the players but the entire support, the Rangers family, I think is the term now. The coming months will be historic for us and we've little control over them. McCoist has shown enough recently to suggest he might not simply be the greatest Ranger of our generation but, maybe, of all time.

There is only one Super Ally.

Just saw that the thread itself asked for "your time," so without a qualifier, McCoist. I still put Greig at the top, and my grandpa when drunk enough would fight you over Bob McPhail's good name.

Keeper.... Goram without a shaddow of a doubt.

Defender... Gough, the man would run through walls for Rangers.

Midfield....laudrup, simply the best player ever to grace the scottish gane imo.

Striker. Ally, just because he is super ally.

In my time Baxter, Greig, Cooper, Laudrup are all up there but there can only be one, McCoist. The man is an absolute legend and a good guy as well which is not always the case. My only regret for Ally that he was sh** on by Scotland managers in his time. Should have had more caps and would no doubt have scored even more goals than he did. I'll never forgive Roxburgh for picking that numpty McInally ahead of Ally at the WC Finals. Whatever happens to us in the next few weeks / months I just hope Ally gets the chance to continue as manager next season.