Lafferty's opinion was mocked, but he may be right.

Lafferty was mocked for claiming that we were still the best team in the land.

Pre-Administration, we had five straight wins, after a single goal defeat away to our rivals, despite us scoring a good opening goal which was wrongly disallowed. No conspiracy is being claimed, since it was a close call and the error is understandable.

After we entered Administration, we lost 5 of the next 6 games, in my opinion, due to the fact that players had their goal, the title, removed as well as most of their income. With the injuries up front further hindering an already weakened frontline, due to Whyte's lack of promised investment, we were at our weakest.

Nonetheless, we have beaten our rivals twice out of three matches and arguably would have won, if not at least drawn, the other match. This would cause a 3 or 6 point swing in our favour.

Removing the 10 point penalty, we would be either two points behind or one point ahead today, with Celtic having a game in hand to play.

Furthermore, we are reigning Champions for three successive years and will only lose this year due to Administration adding to our woes under Whyte's lack of investment. Cousin or Sandaza would have helped us win the title, I am convinced, if there had been no such penalty due to Whyte's mismanagement.

Add in the 2008 ludicrous SPL enforcement of 4 matches in 7 days, which was never fair or consistent with "sporting integrity". Is it really fairer to enforce a specified calendar end to the season than ensure that all matches are played under fair circumstances?

In conclusion, our rivals can only defeat us when they're given great help by the authorities. That conclusion is very much counter to the media's consensus where our rivals are considered an untouchable mini version of Barcelona, with Lafferty being dismissed as that silly laddy again.

Nonetheless, the facts show that without Administration, Celtic would be merely 5 points ahead, and Administration gave them more than those 10 points.

An exit from CVA with a new owner, which still appears likely, despite all contrary spin in recent media speculation, will ensure continuity, give us the chance to bolster that front line and regain our rightful title next year.

The media sensationalism centres around liquidation purely for the purposes of sensation. The possibility of history being removed is positively drooled over in certain columns and airwaves. After good work by many Bears, the distinction between the club and the company, the latter of which only started in 1899 and after we had already won honours. Our history records all such honours.

Once the media reluctantly accept, perhaps after careful use of Pacific Shelf 565 Ltd (1994)'s existence pre-1994, that history will not die, liquidation will not be such a tasty story and will fade out of the headlines.

The media don't just speculate and exaggerate. They get it wrong with alarming regularity. Lafferty was right. Despite this distortion of a season, we are still better. We will prove this in 12 months time as rightful Scottish Champions once again.

Keep the faith. Never doubt it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of all of that we have had 3 or more goals chopped off that never should have been.

The media wet thier kncickers going on about Celtic but let's face it, if the referees done their job correctly we could easily have been in touching distance with Celtic despite being in administration and deducted 10 points. I think that just goes to show how poor that lot actually are but the mhedia will never accept this as per usual.

It has been clear the words from Lafferty have hurt that lot as per Burley's meltdown yesterday on ESPN, well done Kyle!

Enjoy your potato scone this morning Burley you complete roaster.

On top of all of that we have had 3 or more goals chopped off that never should have been.

The media wet thier kncickers going on about Celtic but let's face it, if the referees done their job correctly we could easily have been in touching distance with Celtic despite being in administration and deducted 10 points. I think that just goes to show how poor that lot actually are but the mhedia will never accept this as per usual.

It has been clear the words from Lafferty have hurt that lot as per Burley's meltdown yesterday on ESPN, well done Kyle!

Enjoy your potato scone this morning Burley you complete roaster.

What was that tattie scone nonsense about?

At least last season Burley was amusing, even though he was trying to be serious when he said, "You can clearly see the big defender wants to come all over Edu!" Nobody in the commentary box even giggled.

I disagree. We lost the lead well before administration and we were looking tired. Post administration, the fans rallied like never before and our players failed to match the rallying call. If they couldn't do it in circumstances like that, then I'm afraid I don't have any confidence it would have been any different in front of a lesser crowd. (tu)

I disagree. We lost the lead well before administration and we were looking tired. Post administration, the fans rallied like never before and our players failed to match the rallying call. If they couldn't do it in circumstances like that, then I'm afraid I don't have any confidence it would have been any different in front of a lesser crowd. (tu)

Consistently superior results and performances away from home throughout the season counter your point.

(td) (td) (td)

He's correct and I was disappointed in Ally's comments at the Friday press conference. He should have said if that's his opinion then so be it. I though Ally hung him out to dry with the scum media.

Wee Lenny for all his faults would have stuck by his players on this type of issue.

Well done Ally >(

N/S

What was that tattie scone nonsense about?

At least last season Burley was amusing, even though he was trying to be serious when he said, "You can clearly see the big defender wants to come all over Edu!" Nobody in the commentary box even giggled.

I have no idea, he was talking about the football one minute then went off on a complete tangent talking about a roll and tattie scone.

ESPN really need to shake up their workforce next season.

He's correct and I was disappointed in Ally's comments at the Friday press conference. He should have said if that's his opinion then so be it. I though Ally hung him out to dry with the scum media.

Wee Lenny for all his faults would have stuck by his players on this type of issue.

Well done Ally >(

N/S

:shifty:

Losing the lead is not losing the league. Rangers aren't for quitters.

Well done Ally >(

N/S

banhammer.jpg

He is right we are the best team in the country...How many points have refs cost us this season so far even with a 10 point deduction we should have won the title...........And arse wipe Craig Burley is a prick I hope big laff decks him in the future.

Well done Ally >(

N/S

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

Blaming the Refs for our capitulation after we were so far clear?

Leave that for the paranoid unwashed aye?

Before Admin we were nowhere near good enough this season.

After we lost Lafferty, Naismith and Jelavic, we weren't as good as we should be.

The facts suggest that we are good enough to beat the bad lot to the title.

Losing a lead in December is not losing the league in May. That much should be obvious.