The £1,000 question and TBK's bid.....

Can someone clarify.

I'm reading in several threads regarding mini-Murray's BK's bid with his "big hitters" providing funding and their links with Ticketus (not one I fancy....but I'll move on), but included in these threads is the understanding/assumption that the wider fan-base will be able to dig deep and become part of the club with a £1,000 piece of the action.

Has anyone told mini-Murray & Co that there's a worldwide recession taking place, where energy (fuel, etc) costs are going through the roof, banks are being baled out by taxpayers and are lending fuck all to anyone for fear of losing it again and people are out of work in numbers not seen since the last depression?

No offence intended, but how much do TBK's think they'll raise from this hard-pressed Rangers-supporting source?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone clarify.

I'm reading in several threads regarding mini-Murray's BK's bid with his "big hitters" providing funding and their links with Ticketus (not one I fancy....but I'll move on), but included in these threads is the understanding/assumption that the wider fan-base will be able to dig deep and become part of the club with a £1,000 piece of the action.

Has anyone told mini-Murray & Co that there's a worldwide recession taking place, where energy (fuel, etc) costs are going through the roof, banks are being baled out by taxpayers and are lending fuck all to anyone for fear of losing it again and people are out of work in numbers not seen since the last depression?

No offence intended, but how much do TBK's think they'll raise from this hard-pressed Rangers-supporting source?

the share issue will be open to all but its being underwritten by the blue knights.

how much it raises doesn't really matter but the more the better.

its a golden opportunity for meaningful supporter representation. I will invest a grand happily if others can't that's fine.

how much did celtc raise from fans? pretty sure we will beat that.

few million?

People will find the money trust me.

I dont think many people have really committed funds yet, this will gather speed when or if the bk group get in and lay out their plan.

I won't put a penny in until I know who why and what, why put money in now when you have no idea of whats happening.

The vast majority of supporters will be priced out the deal if the entry level is £1,000. Stupidly high figure in the current climate. This wouldn't be supporter ownership for the many, it would be nothing more than a share issue for the few (who would ultimately lose their money anyway).

How did the last share issue go ?

If TBK are underwriting this issue, why are they having to borrow money from Ticketus to buy the club ?

Something just doesn't add up. They ain't spending any cash.

Rangers and the fans will end up paying for their trip.

How did the last share issue go ?

If TBK are underwriting this issue, why are they having to borrow money from Ticketus to buy the club ?

Something just doesn't add up. They ain't spending any cash.

Rangers and the fans will end up paying for their trip.

last share issue was only open to current shareholders.

The vast majority of supporters will be priced out the deal if the entry level is £1,000. Stupidly high figure in the current climate. This wouldn't be supporter ownership for the many, it would be nothing more than a share issue for the few (who would ultimately lose their money anyway).

That's the thing, the fear of liquidation will spur people to buy shares so that our history is protected, bit of a heart puller eh.

I reckon they will re-visit the share scheme and how it's formulated.

The average bear will not have the means to fund this in a one off, more than likely it will go on credit cards or loans, not fiscally prudent in these times.

I will commit only when I'm sure the money is going to the future of the club and not line pockets of individuals.

the share issue will be open to all but its being underwritten by the blue knights.

how much it raises doesn't really matter but the more the better.

its a golden opportunity for meaningful supporter representation. I will invest a grand happily if others can't that's fine.

few million?

I'd have thought the figure raised DID matter. It will dictate what we can and cannot spend as a club.

As for the "golden opportunity for meaningful representation" - I thought that was the holy grail of the RST - and their membership numbers didn't exactly explode out of the traps.

That's the thing, the fear of liquidation will spur people to buy shares so that our history is protected, bit of a heart puller eh.

I reckon they will re-visit the share scheme and how it's formulated.

The average bear will not have the means to fund this in a one off, more than likely it will go on credit cards or loans, not fiscally prudent in these times.

I will commit only when I'm sure the money is going to the future of the club and not line pockets of individuals.

I've been putting money aside for a few months now in the hope that something like this will come to pass. For it to work well Murray needs to give a lot of thought to how he can guarantee the money will be used in the way the contributers expect, and what the minimum buy-in would be. IMO £250 is a more realistic starting point.

I'd have thought the figure raised DID matter. It will dictate what we can and cannot spend as a club.

As for the "golden opportunity for meaningful representation" - I thought that was the holy grail of the RST - and their membership numbers didn't exactly explode out of the traps.

It doesn't matter. The money raised does not get spent on the club, it pays off the TBK who bought the club in the first place.

The share issue is to allow fans to buy the club from the TBK, who will front up the money to buy from the administrators.

£1000 a head will raise not very much.

Tiers of £100, £500 and £1000 plus would do far better.

I'd still be surprised to see How many given the current climate would pump in £1000 plus.

I'd pay up to £1,500 - but I'd want to see the plan by the new owners. The very last thing I want is another Portsmouth where we're in and out of administration because new owners are not willing to make the changes needed.

It doesn't matter. The money raised does not get spent on the club, it pays off the TBK who bought the club in the first place.

The share issue is to allow fans to buy the club from the TBK, who will front up the money to buy from the administrators.

So far I haven't seen their money.

How much do they have (readies) and how much of their bid is tied in to Ticketus?

If the answer is 'mostly Ticketus' - then count me out.

Where did the £1,000 minimum investment figure come from? I haven't seen that one myself?

If this is the case, I would say that would be quite prohibitive to a lot of our fans investing and don't really see the logic behind it. Why would you want to exclude thousands of fans who may be able to contribute £100-£500 but maybe not £1,000?

Can someone clarify.

I have already bought 500 shares years back so where do I stand , never mind fuckin further investment of my cash .

Celtic raised £14million from the share issue widely regarded at the time as the most successful in british football history with a minimum investment of £620, over 10,000 took up the offer some investing more than others.

I think for us to get near that in this day and age, with a global recession and a minimum of £1000 would be very optimistic but certainly achieveable.

I have already bought 500 shares years back so where do I stand , never mind fuckin further investment of my cash .

You are fucked like the rest of us shareholders.

Teflon Dave diluted our share values when he tried (and failed) with that £50m float some years ago - Whyte has effectively reduced the remaining value to fuck all and if we do go down the New-Co road then they're worth less than fuck all.

Nostalgia aint what it used to be. :sherlock:

Celtic raised £14million from the share issue widely regarded at the time as the most successful in british football history with a minimum investment of £620, over 10,000 took up the offer some investing more than others.

I think for us to get near that in this day and age, with a global recession and a minimum of £1000 would be very optimistic but certainly achieveable.

yes very optimistic. but there was revesion when the bunnet took over celtc as well.

I would say we can match these numbers surely.

the great unwashed can't possibly outmuscle us financialy as a support.

yes very optimistic. but there was revesion when the bunnet took over celtc as well.

I would say we can match these numbers surely.

the great unwashed can't possibly outmuscle us financialy as a support.

McCann took the helm in 1994 ... the share issue was when he left the club five years hence, at a time when the economy was doing well.