Who is your manager of the year?

I agree with the principle, but don't act like Man Utd don't buy their way to glory too :lol:

I think Arsene Wenger has had another pretty good season. I know he gets a bit of stick from the Gooners for not splashing the cash, but very often his big-money transfers don't work out. And he seems to be a money making machine for the club in terms of buying low or developing players and selling high.

Not my vote, but I think O'Neill will be up there for the turn around he done to Sunderland.

Mind you, it was a good squad he took over so it wasn't like he built it himself.

Turned them from relegation candidates to the form club in the league though.

I don't think managers who haven't had a full season should count, especially not O'Neill. Players always motivate themselves for a new manager. There is almost always a honeymoon period (the same has happened at Chelsea under Di Matteo). O'Neill's entire career has been built around short term motivation. If Sunderland haven't suffer a decline by the end of next season, after two transfer windows, then we can talk about Martin O'Neill's achievements.

on merit though. Ferguson has earned every penny he has spent at united through success. He turned them into arguebly the biggest club in the world with his success which has braught the club billions in revenue world wide, not to mention the sort of cash they get from consistantly winnign the EPL & 3 CL finals & a semi final in 4 seasons.

it's a kin to someone workin there hands to the bone for most his life and working through the property ladder until he finally getst he home of his dreams... and his next door neighbour has a rich dad, or won the lottery to buy his gaffe.

Didn't Man United also get dumped out of two european competitions and not even make it out of the group stage.

Or what about his ineptitude when it came to signings, everyone has been saying for years that he had to buy midfielders to replace the likes of scholes and yet he spunks money on another winger (when valencia,nani and welbeck would do). Also lolcash on phil jones when he could have bought samba for half the price.

The only reason Fergie has done well domestically this year is because the other tops teams are performing really bad right now and going through difficult periods of change.

I'd also add, I like Pardew but alot of the success has come from the people running the club with regards to signings and managing to boot out older greedy players thats helped build a solid base, he also has some top class coaches. You could argue that Mike Ashley has been behind alot of the success at newcastle with how well he's run the club.

For me I'd have to say it's a toss up between Rodgers,lambert or Pardew even taking into consideration the team of staff thats been built up at newcastle, you can't argue with results

alex ferguson.how can you deny it, this is a guy who time & time again has risen to the challenge of opponents with unlimited welath. When chelseawhere baught by abrambovich, spent an obscene amount of money on the worlds best players, many thought we'd be in for a long era of dominance. Fergy figured it out and returned united to the top of the pile.now, it's man cities turn, how much have they spent since the shieks came in? They eclipsed chelsea's spending, poached players from Arsenal, United & many others in the premiership, aswell as other leagues around the world, and have a wage bill that must surely dwarfs any other in world football. And yet again Fergy looks like he is going to topple them in the league.

on merit though. Ferguson has earned every penny he has spent at united through success. He turned them into arguebly the biggest club in the world with his success which has braught the club billions in revenue world wide, not to mention the sort of cash they get from consistantly winnign the EPL & 3 CL finals & a semi final in 4 seasons.it's a kin to someone workin there hands to the bone for most his life and working through the property ladder until he finally getst he home of his dreams... and his next door neighbour has a rich dad, or won the lottery to buy his gaffe.

You will get slammed on here by the Man U haters lol. I do think you have some very valid points. Considering this has apperantly been the worst Man U for years and City are much better he has done fantastic. However I think Rodgers, Lambert or Pardew should be above him. They truly have worked wonders. Swansea have been a joy to watch.

No one mentions Wenger which I find strange. The start they had and everyone calling for his head and now look. He should be in with an outside chance.

1. Rodgers

2. Lambert

3. Pardew

4. Ferguson

5. Moyes

6. Wenger

cant forget about fergie, if he wins the league this year it will be one of his finest epl wins!

steve keane deserves a mention for being a stubborn bastard and not leaving despite the fans protests!!

King kenny would have been sacked if it wasnt for his status with the club, some awful signings :anguish:

Pardew probably just shades it. However, Norwich and Swansea have given themselves platforms for next season and that means Lambert and Rodgers deserve a mention. I'd definitely give Steve Kean and honourable mention, even though I don't think he's a particularly good manager he's done well to last and battle through the opposition he had.

Sanders and nothing could.still go down for me.villa are a cert to go down always 1 team who go.down from having a horrendous run and i think villa will go most boring team in league by far

Pardew has spent a fair few bob, I wouldn't say he has overachieved , where Brendan Rodgers has. His team have no right to play the way they do in the premiership , and is more of an example of a top class coaching performance than is at Newcastle.

Rodgers

Ferguson

Pardew

Didn't Man United also get dumped out of two european competitions and not even make it out of the group stage.

Or what about his ineptitude when it came to signings, everyone has been saying for years that he had to buy midfielders to replace the likes of scholes and yet he spunks money on another winger (when valencia,nani and welbeck would do). Also lolcash on phil jones when he could have bought samba for half the price.

The only reason Fergie has done well domestically this year is because the other tops teams are performing really bad right now and going through difficult periods of change.

I'd also add, I like Pardew but alot of the success has come from the people running the club with regards to signings and managing to boot out older greedy players thats helped build a solid base, he also has some top class coaches. You could argue that Mike Ashley has been behind alot of the success at newcastle with how well he's run the club.

For me I'd have to say it's a toss up between Rodgers,lambert or Pardew even taking into consideration the team of staff thats been built up at newcastle, you can't argue with results

Priemership manager of the year, if im not mistaken, considers only the managers achievements within the league.

i agree, man u are crying out for the likes of sniejder to compete in europe, european football is changing and we're struggling to keep up with modern tactics here in Britain. You can't argue with how man u have performed in the league though, and thats the point of the discussion.

and its not because other teams are performing badly... the EPL is an incredibly tough league with a wealth of talent, it may look as though the lieks of Chelsea and Arsenal aren't at there best, but it just shows you how difficult it is to achieve consistancy - somethign Fergy has done during the majority of his tenure at united.

Brendan Rodgers. Honourable mentions for Alan Pardew, Sir Alex, Paul Lambert, Martin O'Neil, David Moyes and Tony Pulis.

Harry could have been up there if it wasn't for the distraction of the England job, even that cunt Steve Kean has managed to turn that shite Blackburn team from being dead and buried to perhaps staying up