Next Old Firm game 29th April

jmo21

I'd imagine they'd be presented with the trophy at either Rugby Park or Fir Park depending on where they win it. It is surprising that they weren't given a home game prior to the Old Firm game to parade the trophy, or why the final Old Firm game was not one of the final 2 league games.

Then again it is the SPL and how they structure fixtures has never adhered to any type of logic.

they will get it final day of season, not exactly rocket science

Waow.... Does this mean that if 'They' win their game this weekend they will get the trophy at the next home game which would be against us???? Seriously what is wrong with the SPL?

No, isn't it usually last home game?

Not everyone can attend away matches and that is why people spend lots of money for Sky Sports/ESPN as 95% of the away games are on tv.

Considering I'll be in attendance for both home matches and unable to make the Hearts game, I feel myself and others have every right to be annoyed that the game will not be on tv. :rolleyes:

Theres more away games on tv because only 4 games can be shown per season in each stadium. they must have already shown 4 tynecastle games on the tv this season.

The one thing that gets me about these fixtures is the fact that Celtic have got all of their home games while St Johnstone, who are actually competing for a European place, have lost a home game (18 home, 20 away). If Celtic win the title then they have nothing to play for, so why shaft another team just so they can get an extra home game? The SPL always state that they'll give lopsided home/away fixtures to teams that have nothing to play for, yet as soon as that's Celtic they've caved in.

I think we're in new territory here. We now have the SPL actively disadvantaging other teams against their own guidelines for no other reason than that they're worried Celtic might complain about it.

The one thing that gets me about these fixtures is the fact that Celtic have got all of their home games while St Johnstone, who are actually competing for a European place, have lost a home game (18 home, 20 away). If Celtic win the title then they have nothing to play for, so why shaft another team just so they can get an extra home game? The SPL always state that they'll give lopsided home/away fixtures to teams that have nothing to play for, yet as soon as that's Celtic they've caved in.

I think we're in new territory here. We now have the SPL actively disadvantaging other teams against their own guidelines for no other reason than that they're worried Celtic might complain about it.

Mmm although I see your point, St Johnstone have got the best away record in the SPL so it's not really disadvantaging them!

Mmm although I see your point, St Johnstone have got the best away record in the SPL so it's not really disadvantaging them!

True, but it's generally still a disadvantage to play away from home (and if it wasn't then that's actually disadvantaging Hearts, Dundee United and Motherwell). The only fair way to do it is to try and make sure that whoever gets the extra home/away game is a team that isn't in contention for a title/European spots, but of course Celtic would kick up such a fuss about it that it was almost unthinkable for it to be them that got the short straw.

What will be the position regarding tickets for the Celtic game? I'm guessing that, having broken a supposed agreement regarding payment up front, the mhanky mob would have to wait for payment from Rangers rather than getting it up front.