Messi

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cristiano Ronaldo is not a better footballer than Messi. A better athlete, yes, and that makes him more effective in certain situations, but Messi has far, far more footballing talent than C. Ronaldo.

How much of Cruyff, Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Best, and Charlton have you personally seen to justify rating them that highly?

He is about 18, so won't have seen any of them play.

I doubt he said we play anti football. How many SPL matches do you think he watches a season? I've never had the privilege of seeing Pele play, but obviously back then football worse a lot harder. He had to play with heavier boots, a leather ball and bad pitches.

Was it not just a wee while back you were saying something similar to that about Ronaldo ?

I think Ronaldo has some better attributes such as his pace, strength and aerial ability, but Messi is the best.

I doubt he said we play anti football. How many SPL matches do you think he watches a season? I've never had the privilege of seeing Pele play, but obviously back then football worse a lot harder. He had to play with heavier boots, a leather ball and bad pitches.

I don't normally go in for the whole forum gip stuff but your signature is magnificent. Thank you.

He said that after we drew 0-0 with Barca in the champions league. Think it was in 2007.

He said that after we drew 0-0 with Barca in the champions league. Think it was in 2007.

Someone on here told me it was taken out of context. If he did say that he must be thick as fuck because every team Barca play defend for most of the match.

To be fair, he doesn't dive.

To be fair, he occasionally goes down easily.

To be fairer, he usually stays on his feet though, and when he does, opponents seem to be allowed to foul him with impunity, particularly in the box.

Generalising nonsense.

Did you see the three dives from English players at the weekend? Or the dives from Ronaldo this season?

Messi has went down easily now and then but he's not a diver.

yes it is a generalising comment, but also one which is appropriate to lionel messi. im not going to name every player. where do you see the difference between "diving" and going down "easily"?

yes i did see the ones in england, but spain has a much bigger issue when it comes to diving in england.

Someone on here told me it was taken out of context. If he did say that he must be thick as fuck because every team Barca play defend for most of the match.

This was in 2007, Barcelona weren't the all-conquering side they are now back then. They were a side who, under Rijkaard, were playing attacking Football - and we played to our strengths in that game by sitting back and soaking up pressure. Messi, far from tear into us, applauded our defensive efforts.

We developed the modern day defensive strategies in our Manchester Final run, teams took notice of it and perfected it - like Barcelona - and it even came back to haunt us (Kaunas). We got a lot more praise on the continent than we did in Scotland during that run.

yes i did see the ones in england, but spain has a much bigger issue when it comes to diving in england.

That's incorrect.

England have some of the worst offenders in diving, I'll name Suarez, Gerrard, Drogba and Nani as four that come to mind immediately. Don't let the commentary on Sky and BBC fool you, England isn't just developing this diving culture, it's been about for years now.