Issue a threat to the supposed liquidators.

markybear

The rangers football club 1872 or nothing.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wholeheartedly follow through with this threat?

• Yes
    • No

Would not look right sitting in the Directors box........Ooops ! jumping the gun methinks. Wonder if they will replace the Bourbons with Jaffasrolleyes.gif

If the 'bookies favourite' wins this bidding war they may ask (nay, demand) that the Directors Box be renamed........ 't-shirt alley'. :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 'bookies favourite' wins this bidding war they may ask (nay, demand) that the Directors Box be renamed........ 't-shirt alley'. :D

I understand whyte wanted a certain person to be on the board. Even whyte I understand could not believe that someone could settle a bounced cheque 18 months down the road. Saw a great future in store for this individual, alas a pesky thing got in the way................whyte was found out.

I don't know if the RST have this viewpoint or not.

What I do know is I wrote the OP starement, it was not lifted from anywhere.

Fair enough, just got misconstrued since you were quoting yourself then :)

1. This is NOT a RST initiative. A meeting was called by a Corporate member, attended by reps from the Assembly, Trust, Associaiton, TBO, RFWG to discuss information researched and received regarding certain bidding options from some parties that included liquidation.

2. At no time was there a preferred bidder named by the groups, and although some obviously have already named their preference, everyone was agreed that as long as the winning bidder was not going to go down the liquidation route we would certainly work with them.

3. The red cards (and banners) have been kindly paid for by the Corporate member out of his own pocket.

4. Reps from this meeting have ensured that D&P are well aware of our stance on this.

5. As fans reps it is up to us to speak on behalf of the fans we represent. It was unanimously agreed that liquidation is not the best route for us, and that we must pressurise D&P and any bidders into being fully aware that they risk alienating the support entirely should they choose to go down this road. If you are a member of a fans group and dont like the way your reps have been representing you, feel free to get in touch with them and air your concerns.

1. This is NOT a RST initiative. A meeting was called by a Corporate member, attended by reps from the Assembly, Trust, Associaiton, TBO, RFWG to discuss information researched and received regarding certain bidding options from some parties that included liquidation.

2. At no time was there a preferred bidder named by the groups, and although some obviously have already named their preference, everyone was agreed that as long as the winning bidder was not going to go down the liquidation route we would certainly work with them.

3. The red cards (and banners) have been kindly paid for by the Corporate member out of his own pocket.

4. Reps from this meeting have ensured that D&P are well aware of our stance on this.

5. As fans reps it is up to us to speak on behalf of the fans we represent. It was unanimously agreed that liquidation is not the best route for us, and that we must pressurise D&P and any bidders into being fully aware that they risk alienating the support entirely should they choose to go down this road. If you are a member of a fans group and dont like the way your reps have been representing you, feel free to get in touch with them and air your concerns.

By making this information available on the forum may have changed peoples point of view as to their thoughts on this. I for one immediately thought of mini using this to enhance his position.

Yes I do have a big doubt as regards minis bid ,as to does he have the cash and more so the fact that he is tainted(popular word just now) by sitting playing look at me on the old board.

As for D&P being well aware , do you honestly think that will sway their thoughts as t the best deal, for the creditors and also one that has minimal hurt for the club?

I won't ever, under any circumstance, abandon my club.

Newco or CVA - the club goes on and I will support it. I expect the same from all Bears.

Agree with these whole heartedly.

For me the club is separate from the company that owns the shares/assets. Particularly in the circumstances where, as the speculation suggests, we are being screwed by previous owners and possibly HMRC.

To me the statement that the OP has put up (I am not sure where it comes from) paragraph two contradicts paragraph one. I support a football club not a limited company. Rangers is a way of life, not a company. CVA, liqudation, newco or otherwise I will support my club.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion but I totally disagree with this type of action. I think the fans should be putting pressure on the board to make the best decision for the club, not issuing threats of "walking away". With that said I hope the right decision is a CVA and that it is possible, liquidation would be terrible but it would not be the end of Rangers.

I'd find it very hard to support a Rangers with no history.

I'd also find it very embarrassing that my club ran up debts, and folded without the ability to pay them.

History is history. I cannot be bought and sold. It is written in the memory of anyone who has ever supported the club.

I'm with you,Alex :clap: For guys like you and me,Rangers have been a major part of our life for almost 60 years,and I'm not backing off now,no matter what happens. :pipe:

Not for me Oz as i follow the Rangers team formed by the Gallant Pioneers, and not a new club in 2012 if it happens. But as i say well done to the fans who keep on supporting the new Rangers.

As much as I would like to threaten anyone who wants to liquidate us by saying I won't support them I know If it did happen I would be at ibrox everyother week.

I've been fortunate and never lived through many tough times with rangers if any. It would be an insult to my grandad who stuck by rangers when we lost 7-1 to Celtic,when they won 9iar and the European cup and he walked down stairway13 on that horrible day. I feel what he lived through was worse that we are going through now and I could never live with myself if I stopped supporting rangers.

Like what has been said before, if they play at ibrox in blue shirts and call themselves rangers then I'll be there.

Very very well said. 00000042.gif

Fair enough at least we won't need to read about your surrender on here, your account will surely be liquidated

And since when did you run the board. And if so that is life that will not be up to me, but i am confident that we will not go under.

Fair enough at least we won't need to read about your surrender on here, your account will surely be liquidated

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a newco. If minstral cant support a new Rangers that is his choice, not one that I agree with, but HIS choice. He is hurting like the rest of us and doesn't need anyone trying to belittle him. So stop being an arse.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a newco. If minstral cant support a new Rangers that is his choice, not one that I agree with, but HIS choice. He is hurting like the rest of us and doesn't need anyone trying to belittle him. So stop being an arse.

Thanks mate. (tu)

Yep and that is my opinion...which i am entitled to....

I support Rangers Football Club. Rangers Football Club is owned by Rangers Football Club plc. Rangers Football Club plc is owned in the main by Craig Whyte (through his companies).

Why are people failing to grasp this?

Rangers Football Club will not be 'liquidated'. It will be passed on to another owner. It will still be Rangers Football Club. The existence of Rangers Football Club plc is not the be all and end all.

Here's a theoretical scenario to explain.......

• There is a house at 1 Copland Road, Glasgow which was built in 2000.
  • The house is owned by Polo Limited.
  • Polo Limited is owned by me.

If Polo Limited is liquidated will the house disappear? No. The existence of Polo Limited has no bearing on the existence of the house. The house will be picked up by someone else. The house will still have been built in 2000 and its 'history' will be intact.

Yep and that is my opinion...which i am entitled to....

Agreed but that doesn't, or shouldn't, give you licence to kick a fellow poster and Rangers fan in the balls cos his opinion differs from yours. Especially one who has probably followed Rangers longer than you or I.

Not for me Oz as i follow the Rangers team formed by the Gallant Pioneers, and not a new club in 2012 if it happens. But as i say well done to the fans who keep on supporting the new Rangers.

I can certainly see your position,minstral,but for me nothing will change because I feel that we will still play from the same stadium called Ibrox....we will still play with the same colours and we will still have the same emblem on our shirts.

I'm totally positive the Rangers that us old guys have followed through triumphs and tragedies all these years will still be the same Rangers I will follow until they put me in a box.

Surrendering to the anti-Rangers brigade was never my strong point. :pipe::crabflute::21:

Newco or CVA - the club goes on and I will support it. I expect the same from all Bears.

If our history goes then I go with it. Any bastard that thinks they can destroy 140 years of history, well simply they can get fucked and I hope they die screaming.

I'll also be asking for my brick back.