Issue a threat to the supposed liquidators.

markybear

The rangers football club 1872 or nothing.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wholeheartedly follow through with this threat?

• Yes
    • No

Agreed but that doesn't, or shouldn't, give you licence to kick a fellow poster and Rangers fan in the balls cos his opinion differs from yours. Especially one who has probably followed Rangers longer than you or I.

Thatnks for the advice, i'm not interested in the slightest but thanks none the less....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough at least we won't need to read about your surrender on here, your account will surely be liquidated

I think that's a bit uncalled for,mate. If minstral feels that way, then I've nothing but respect for his decision,even although I will go the other way.

minstral and these other guys who have supported our club for all these years deserve respect, not comments about surrendering. :pipe:

If our history goes then I go with it. Any bastard that thinks they can destroy 140 years of history, well simply they can get fucked and I hope they die screaming.

I'll also be asking for my brick back.

They can only destroy it if you let them. History lives in the hearts and minds of people.

They can only destroy it if you let them. History lives in the hearts and minds of people.

For the rest of our lives we'll never hear the end of it. The press, media and the scum will FOREVER, never let us forget it. They are bad enough now, never mind with a new Rangers, no title, nothing.

Anyone who wipes that out, I will never forgive, nor forget how they willingly destroyed all I care about as far as my club is concerned. Our history is the thing that sets us apart from the rest.

For the rest of our lives we'll never hear the end of it. The press, media and the scum will FOREVER, never let us forget it.

It may sound a bit twee, but "No Surrender". And as the legend that is Adam Ant so memorably sang: "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of".

I support Rangers Football Club. Rangers Football Club is owned by Rangers Football Club plc. Rangers Football Club plc is owned in the main by Craig Whyte (through his companies).

Why are people failing to grasp this?

Rangers Football Club will not be 'liquidated'. It will be passed on to another owner. It will still be Rangers Football Club. The existence of Rangers Football Club plc is not the be all and end all.

Here's a theoretical scenario to explain.......

• There is a house at 1 Copland Road, Glasgow which was built in 2000.
  • The house is owned by Polo Limited.
  • Polo Limited is owned by me.

If Polo Limited is liquidated will the house disappear? No. The existence of Polo Limited has no bearing on the existence of the house. The house will be picked up by someone else. The house will still have been built in 2000 and its 'history' will be intact.

It's the media who have sensationalised their lies as regards to what liquidation means for us, which has convinced many of our fans that liquidation would mean the end of RFC.

Good explanation and IMO that post should be highlighted somehow to educate our own fans what liquidation actually means for us.

It's the media who have sensationalised their lies as regards to what liquidation means for us, which has convinced many of our fans that liquidation would mean the end of RFC.

Good explanation and IMO that post should be highlighted somehow to educate our own fans what liquidation actually means for us.

Shame that most people seem to just ignore it and carry on being unable to distinguish between the Club and its owner.

It's really weird seeing a poll as even as this. I started this poll thinking it would have a majority one way or the other.

This isn't meant to be a dig but I expect most people voting 'yes' don't understand that "old Rangers" can still continue under a newco.

This isn't meant to be a dig but I expect most people voting 'yes' don't understand that "old Rangers" can still continue under a newco.

Stop trying to peddle that good sense around, mate. 10310.gif

I think that's a bit uncalled for,mate. If minstral feels that way, then I've nothing but respect for his decision,even although I will go the other way.

minstral and these other guys who have supported our club for all these years deserve respect, not comments about surrendering. :pipe:

I'm not far off either of you or Minstral in years, and I neither expect or want any allowances for age.

It's patronising beyond belief. I'm surprised at my fellow auld yins!

I'm not far off either of you or Minstral in years, and I neither expect or want any allowances for age.

I stuck up for minstral, not cos of any age thing (although im no far off his age!), but cos a poster was trying to belittle his opinion with a snide comment, merely cos he didnt agree with it. I didnt agree with it either, but I didnt take that as an opportunity to take the piss. Minstral can probably stick up for himself but I was only saying hes entitled to his opinion without being ridiculed.

Would've done the same thing with a youngster like yourself. ;)

It's not patronising at all,Moses. I was making the point that I felt there was no need from GCL to insinuate that minstral would be "surrendering" even although I don't agree with minstral in his choice.

If any bear (whether young or ancient like us) decide not to support the club if things go awry next season,then that's their personal choice and I respect that...but I'll still be supporting Rangers come hell or high water.