Issue a threat to supporters

Shane

They won't print themselves. There may be a "finders fee" involved for, er....."finding" the printer to do it.

Then there's handling charges, for, er....handling them, then there's storage costs, for, er....(you get the drift) distribution costs (petrol is expensive don'cha'know), etc, etc and so on. :rolleyes:

Sell 50,000 of these little beauties and you're well on the way to Teflon Dave status (less expenses). :sherlock:

Question .....will they by their own?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never been an RST fan or like anything thats came out of them but they do seem to be doing things for the good of the club, and if the blue knights trust them then i will, i agree with OP that the divisions need to stop but look how many fan groups thier are!! all of which seem quite influential in the media especially .... if these guys think holding a Red card up is goin to deter businessmen, im no so sure but hey ill gladly participate to get any message across... that we do not want liquidation FULL STOP.

This is not an RST initiative. It was agreed at a meeting on Monday night between the Assembly, RST, Association, RFWG, TBO and the Corporate members.

The cost of the cards has been kindly met by a Corporate member personally, whose sole concern is to try to put pressure on D&P to ensure they know that only parties who will not entertain liquidation will get the support of the fans.

A meeting has been hastily arranged to put this point in person to D&P before the deadline for bids.

Basically the message is, we dont have an opinion on who should get the club, all we want is for any bid that will entertain the prospect of liquidation to know that should they buy the club and go down this road, the fans will not follow. Our history must be preserved. This message has to be clearly sent to both D&P and any interested party before the conclusion of this deal

It's early o'clock in the morning, I'm just up and I've a print deadline to hit, I click on the PC and this discussion (argument) jumps out at me.

Will the squabbling ever end? wacko.gif

No offence intended to the organisers of this event (is it an event?), but if they honestly believe that the people who really matter in this sorry saga (the future financiers) give a flying fuck if 50,000 (aye, right) supporters wave a wee cardboard cut-out several times during a match then they're not living on the same planet as me.

It's a futile (though probably well-meaning) gesture which will be forgotten about by those it is aimed at approximately 30-seconds after the match has ended.

Oh, and lastly....I'm not sure the organisers contacted ALL the Rangers fans groups for this Monday meeting they spoke of.

I can confirm of one fans' publication that wasn't told about it ( :rolleyes: ) and at least one on-line fans' group that weren't invited either.

Heart of the club right enough. :sherlock:

At last someone posting sense.

D & P's remit is to find the best bid for the club and the creditors. No one but them and the various bidders know what is involved in the individual bids.

Ultimately they and they alone will decide who the next owners of RFC will be and no fan lobby waving little red cards will influence that decision.

It's bloody obvious that certain people are using the emotive subject of liquidation to trick fans into showing support for a particular bid, a bid which which many are at minimum sceptical and others wholly against. This use of unhanded tactics surely shows not only the levels they will sink to but also which the levels that they can be trusted IMO after this latest stunt.

They should be ashamed of themselves but people who use tactics like these have no shame for me, personally I don't know if I would allow this on the forum were it me, it's a little too underhanded for my taste.

I agree 100% mate. We all know the main person doing this.

This is not an RST initiative. It was agreed at a meeting on Monday night between the Assembly, RST, Association, RFWG, TBO and the Corporate members.

The cost of the cards has been kindly met by a Corporate member personally, whose sole concern is to try to put pressure on D&P to ensure they know that only parties who will not entertain liquidation will get the support of the fans.

A meeting has been hastily arranged to put this point in person to D&P before the deadline for bids.

Basically the message is, we dont have an opinion on who should get the club, all we want is for any bid that will entertain the prospect of liquidation to know that should they buy the club and go down this road, the fans will not follow. Our history must be preserved. This message has to be clearly sent to both D&P and any interested party before the conclusion of this deal

I'm sure all those bitching, fighting and firing crap out about the display will apologise and retract their statments.

Oh, and lastly....I'm not sure the organisers contacted ALL the Rangers fans groups for this Monday meeting they spoke of.

I can confirm of one fans' publication that wasn't told about it ( :rolleyes: ) and at least one on-line fans' group that weren't invited either.

Heart of the club right enough. :sherlock:

I'm a shareholder - they didn't contact me.

But, one of their supporters - Gunslinger - has taken it upon himself to let me know that if 'if your happy with liquidation you don't have to hold a card up.' I'm certain the last time I came across a similar outburst was in Primary six or so.

And they have the neck - the bare-faced neck - to suggest we need unity amongst the support now more than ever.

But, one of their supporters - Gunslinger - has taken it upon himself to let me know that if 'if your happy with liquidation you don't have to hold a card up.' I'm certain the last time I came across a similar outburst was in Primary six or so.

And they have the neck - the bare-faced neck - to suggest we need unity amongst the support now more than ever.

You give them to much credit...................................Nursery more apt. They will have the cctv cameras panning the crowd for fans who do not hold up the card. And they will be put in the wee black book.

Why would the RST contact you is you are a shareholder?

You expect them to contact every fan before organising a display?

And you are talking about Primary 6 retorts.

Jesus, I've said it before, but while tour current situation has bought out the best in some of the support, it has also brought out the worst as well.

Jesus, I've said it before, but while tour current situation has bought out the best in some of the support, it has also brought out the worst as well.

Indeed. You have supporters indicating that 'if your happy with liquidation you don't have to hold a card up'. Playground nonsense as I'm sure you agree.

I'm the last person in support of liquidation - but I don't like anyone telling me what to do or how to think. Ever.

I'm feeling a bit bewildered by the level of 'split' in our support. I'm not having a go at anyone as I don't really know the full facts behind these 'splits', just hints I've picked up from this forum.

My take on the protest was 'I'm against liquidation, this seems to be a way of showing that'. Possibly naive, but I don't see any harm, even if I don't see that it will have any tangible effect on the bidding process. It will certainly have some effect though, bidders need the fans onside, and I believe the volume and ferocity of the twitter blitz on Club 9 led directly to their statement last night.

Is the generally feeling of unease with TBK down to Paul Murrays involvement? Or Ticketus? Or percieved links with certain supporters groups?

Indeed. You have supporters indicating that 'if your happy with liquidation you don't have to hold a card up'. Playground nonsense as I'm sure you agree.

I'm the last person in support of liquidation - but I don't like anyone telling me what to do or how to think. Ever.

I think we're all getting sick of everything. No one is being told what to do and for those at Ibrox who don't want to raise the Red Card then they need not do so. I do think that 99% of the crowd will be against liquidation so for me it's a worthwhile message to get across - especially in case any foreigner is even considering liquidating us to then make a quick buck.

One thing that is becoming clear though: if we are liquidated there will be many different groups wanting to become the newco Rangers. Liquidation signifies the end of Rangers as we know it. I hope everyone at Ibrox can join together and raise the red card in objection to that and put petty differences aside.

What a ridiculous thread.

99% of people who see this protest aren't going to be thinking "I wonder what the intentions of the RST are with this one". All they'll see is 50,000 fans defiant that they don't want our club to go into liquidation. Should give us some good PR as well. This is not about the RST, it's simply them who is organising it.

The anti-RST fanboys really need to give it a rest.