BK may Bid after he hears Administrators Preferred Bid ?

Dl2068

What the point of having a 5pm deadline if this is allowed to heppen???

Rangers: Kennedy awaits administrators' choice

By Chris McLaughlin

Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland Brian Kennedy has told BBC Scotland he will wait to find out who the administrators' preferred bidder is before making a late offer for Rangers.

The Sale Sharks owner has already had a bid rejected for the club and is fiercely opposed to liquidation as a way out of administration.

Kennedy says he will not bid against Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium.

But the Edinburgh-born businessman could intervene if the Blue Knights bid is rejected.

Administrators Duff & Phelps are expecting four or five final and best offers for the Scottish champions by 1700 BST.

Murray's group and a Singapore-based consortium are expected to bid but Club 9 Sports, who had also been linked with buying Rangers, said on Tuesday it "will not be bidding for control of Rangers Football Club, plc" .

Its a bit unfair, just like the late coming a couple of weeks back from the potential bidder.

Thats like saying an item ends on ebay and you have won, but then someone comes along 5 mins later saying that they are willing to pay £10 more. Slightly different circumstances and amount of dosh but its the principle.

At the end of the day, you want to own something then make the best offer. Simples

The deadline is just a method of the administrators to get the bids on the table and get the process moving to complete the administration process.

Bids can be made at any time and the administrators will judge them on their strengths against the preferred bid and proof of funding right up until the last minute.

Surprised people are paying attention to said 'deadlines' - it's basically just a general idea to get bidder's arses in gear. As someone said, who'd object if some rich Sheikh/Rangers fan came in with a bid 10 minutes before we were gonna hand over the club to TBK?

'Sorry mate, you didn't make the deadline...take yer £1 billion and sling yer hook'

Don't follow this once a preferred bidder has been selected surely he's too late

BK said from the start that he would bid for Rangers 'reluctantly' - have to say, i've never had the impression he's been all that interested, it almost seemed to me a little like when we were bringing guys over for trials with pretty much no intention of signing them, just to appease the fans by making it look like we were after targets. Don't really see what BK would gain from simply attaching himself to this though. A bit of publicity? Don't see why he'd want that though. A strange one really, maybe he just genuinely has an affection for the club and doesn't want to see us go under. God knows

Fuck Kennedys bid, he's a hibs fan anyway

Thats exactly why i want him to win. He's not going to let his heart rule his head, which could happen with a rangers fan, but he's not going to let us go to fuck coz his wife wont let him. Thats the perfect bidder for me. The club will be run correctly.

Don't follow this once a preferred bidder has been selected surely he's too late

No. The administrators have a duty to get the best deal for creditors no matter when the bids are put in. Say someone owed you £10m and the people that were chasing it up for you could only get you back £0.5m, would you be happy if someone came up at the last minute and offered you £5m but the folk chasing your cash up said 'sorry, we cant be arsed going through all that again, its too late.'

BK said from the start that he would bid for Rangers 'reluctantly' - have to say, i've never had the impression he's been all that interested, it almost seemed to me a little like when we were bringing guys over for trials with pretty much no intention of signing them, just to appease the fans by making it look like we were after targets. Don't really see what BK would gain from simply attaching himself to this though. A bit of publicity? Don't see why he'd want that though. A strange one really, maybe he just genuinely has an affection for the club and doesn't want to see us go under. God knows

its his wife thats a bear m8. He's doing it for her.

Personally from what I've read I have a feeling Kennedy would be a good option but I don't understand why he's holding back

it makes sence to leave it late to see if he can beat the best bid. I'd do the same in his shoes. I wouldnt be surprised if someone else is lurking waiting to make a bid after they see the best offer. Maybe the couple from largs that won the euromillions.

Fuck Kennedys bid, he's a hibs fan anyway

Who cares about that? He was smart enough to back out of a deal to take over Hibs in the past. He's the only one who has had his balls out and said that he's totally against liquidation. I admire him for that.

He looks like he could be quite handy in a swedge anaw! :P