Memories - Barrow

Clerieblue

Been remembering some of the great away trips - with what's been happening I must be getting sentimental!

Barrow back in '93 was a great trip - a testimonial for one of their players. The place was full of bears.

Lots of M/D 20 20 was had that day!!

Anyone else remember this?

Been remembering some of the great away trips - with what's been happening I must be getting sentimental!

Barrow back in '93 was a great trip - a testimonial for one of their players. The place was full of bears.

Lots of M/D 20 20 was had that day!!

Anyone else remember this?

Yeah, lots of DP and Budvar drunk that day 21.gif

1333559143' post='1059923774']

Yeah, lots of DP and Budvar drunk that day 21.gif

Remember it well mate. Drove me ,my brother amd a mate down. What a road ...you think you are nearly there on the M6 at Penrith but it takes longer to then cross the lakes to Barrow. Big tank transporters passing on the way to and from Vickers. Ground was a bit of a dive but used the wee social club attached to the ground for a refreshment or two before the game. Remember some mates of mine from the Walsall Aye Loyal drove up for the game and the turnout was Excellent for basically a reserve game. I am sure Chris Vinnicombe was the captain that night.

Remember it well mate. Drove me ,my brother amd a mate down. What a road ...you think you are nearly there on the M6 at Penrith but it takes longer to then cross the lakes to Barrow. Big tank transporters passing on the way to and from Vickers. Ground was a bit of a dive but used the wee social club attached to the ground for a refreshment or two before the game. Remember some mates of mine from the Walsall Aye Loyal drove up for the game and the turnout was Excellent for basically a reserve game. I am sure Chris Vinnicombe was the captain that night.

Yip 00000042.gif I stayed at Gary Stevens dads , Ron for the night..

Yeah was there think I dogged school to go with ma mates on the Crown bus fae Bellshill we were also in the social club. Also went down to Sunderland about the same time for a testimonial game (Gary Bennett I think) at the old Roker Park ground and that was a great day

Was lucky enough to have Gary and a good few of the other players as friends. Was at Garys wedding.

I remember when he arrived there were a few eyebrows raised from the more traditional members of the support at us signing a player who was cohabiting :rolleyes:.

Anyway, it's incredible we used to sign guys like Gary Stevens ... what a player :clap:.