Was TaxasRangers’s right about an American bid?

Was TaxasRangers’s right about an American bid, well yes; is it the one we all thought it was?

Administrator's

On the 10 March 2012

Clark said that only "serious bidders" would be considered by the end the week. "So anybody who has just been talking – and there are a few out there who have done a lot of talking – we want to seek them out and, as it were, put their money where their mouth is. If somebody wants to involve the media, that's fine. And if they become the owner then they can sit on the front page of all the papers saying: 'I did it.' But don't be surprised if that owner isn't one of the people that is media friendly.

He also said on the 11th March:

By the way, I am not ruling anybody out in this process, absolutely not. I'm just saying that nobody should assume that the only serious bidders are the ones who are in the public domain".

TexasRangers's 11 March

Credible that's up to you guys, I put this out there 6 weeks ago before anything about Americans hit the papers (its actually Brits based in America). I got slaughtered and I expected it as it would sound way out there if there was nothing in the public domain to back me up, didn't expect personal insults all the same as were all wearing the same colours but hey water off a ducks back

TexasRangers's 12 March

If that is what the admin want I would imagine they would show there hand on Friday. Will we get a deal done on Friday, I don't think so, and I would say at least another 4-8 weeks until anything is finalized by anyone. Takes time to go over the books/tax case etc. Will we the supporters be any of the wiser of who is in for Rangers I doubt that also as most top businessmen put in strict confidentiality clauses when bidding. Unless one of the bidder's feel there losing against another they may well come out to gather support from the fans, We probably all know who that will be.

Look mate I'm really not here to come back and say I told you so or anything like that. I'm not here to boast make an arse of myself or anyone else for that matter. I had some info and I do have business connections to them. I don't claim to know them personally. The only way I can describe how I obtain the info is from someone say 5 tiers from the top of the ladder. I don't think everyone on here is hanging on by what I say and I could save myself a lot of hassle by saying nothing. But what gives me the right to come across information and keep quite as I know were all hurting. I could have went to the press with some of it made a couple of quid show an invoice to prove that I have traded with them, then disappeared. But no I came here and put it out with the supporters. I think its better that I just say nothing from now on and let things take there course. Only trying my best to help that's all I wanted to do.

Club 9 Sports.

However, Club 9 CEO Jon Pritchett put out a further clarification of his company’s position on social networking site Twitter in the early hours of Wednesday.

He wrote: "Club 9 Sports was not bidding on Rangers FC & is not bidding. Because we were working on the deal w/others, people assumed we were leading.

"To further clarify, the US/UK group with whom we were working is not going to bid for Rangers."

Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Statement clarified BBC:US group Club 9 Sports say they will not be making a lone bid for control of Scottish Premier League side Rangers.

The administrators at the financially-troubled Ibrox outfit are expecting four or five bids for the team by the deadline of 5pm on Wednesday.

But Club 9 Sports say they were never planning to act on their own and will only be bidding as part of a consortium of representatives from the USA and the UK.

A statement from the group read: "We can confirm that representatives of Club 9 Sports have been involved with investigating, analysing and considering a potential purchase of Rangers Football Club plc on behalf of a group of interested parties from the USA and UK.

Five bids expected

"However, at no time has Club 9 Sports itself offered a bid to acquire the club. Our role has been as a member of a proposed consortium.

He certainly was on to something, was it club 9 sports advising the USA business consortium that dropped out, or were they advising more than one group from the USA?

They put a lot of time and effort into investigating, analysing and considering a potential bid, I presume that they would have producing a report on us, did that just go in the bin! Or was it passed on?

Or has Texas Ranger’s bidders appeared now? Is he one of them? Or just a crackpot?

Time will tell! By the way if your are still around Mr Ranger? Drop us a post.

Yes, he states he was given info which was 5 tiers away from the birders, it was reasonably accurate, he also had more info than he states but couldn't give it out.

I have a really good mate who works in corporate law who has given me info that I can't repeat, some of this has been accurate the rest is his slant on what info he has. It's not always on the money but the basic info is pretty much on the money, it's whether you want to believe it or not.

he was in no way right.

the fact that 1 bidder was american is pure chance and proves nothing he said or implied.

also the fact he said he had more info but couldnt share was mearly to reel in the less thoughtful to the point he was trying to make and to try and make what little he was saying more credible.

I stuck up for him back then, but purely for the fact that he was sharing what he thought he knew and people where getting personal.

I'm always skeptical of anyone who says they have info, but can only tell you half, imply untill the cow come home, but spend a long time actualy saying nothing.

a stopped clock is right twice a day, where as 1 that is a minute fast is never.

Yes, he states he was given info which was 5 tiers away from the birders, it was reasonably accurate, he also had more info than he states but couldn't give it out.

I have a really good mate who works in corporate law who has given me info that I can't repeat, some of this has been accurate the rest is his slant on what info he has. It's not always on the money but the basic info is pretty much on the money, it's whether you want to believe it or not.

He gave me the info in s PM and it looks complete and utter shite. (tu)