Pretty boy v Pac-man

Clottey was a sitting duck who hardly threw a punch and covered up all fight behind his guard

He still marked up mannys face

If he can destroy cotto the way he did , but struggle to do the same to margarito then tell me why ?

Especially cotto beating margarito ( without dodgy handwraps)

did you see the margarito fight? He beat the living the shit out of him. The only difference between the cotto fight & margarito fight was the ref had the decency to stop the Cotto fight. Have a look at the last 2 rounds vs Margarito, manny is looking at the ref and shrugging his shoulders because the fight shouldve stopped.

antonio-margarito-eye.gif

margarito needed surgery on a broken orbital bone and a cateract in his eye. the damage left from pac made it difficult for marg to even get his boxing liscence from new york for the rematch with cotto, the fight was nearly off.

I'm talking about stopping him tbh

I like manny and flloyd

I just want to see them fight but to me I have noticed a difference in manny over the last few fights since the peds have been spoken about

That's why I'm stating " coincidence" to get opinion

You get guys at lightweight dropping manny but guys like cotto and Mosley can't when he has moved up in weight

I'm talking about stopping him tbh

I like manny and flloyd

I just want to see them fight but to me I have noticed a difference in manny over the last few fights since the peds have been spoken about

That's why I'm stating " coincidence" to get opinion

You get guys at lightweight dropping manny but guys like cotto and Mosley can't when he has moved up in weight

i dont really think there is a difference, i dont think pac is the kinda guy to let accusations like mayweathers get in his head.

as for guys dropping manny, hes only been down a couple of times in his career, and hasn't been down since 2003. Hes grown into a very good welterweight so he's completely outclassed the lieks of Mosley and Cotto who simply couldnt live with his speed. Mosley tried for 3 rounds til he got put on his ass then wasnt interested and just looked to survive without geting hurt for the rest of the fight.

i actually think mannys best wins and toughest fights were at the lighter weights, he beat a prime Barrera, Marquez & Morales at lightweight, and all 3 of those guys are hall of famers.

hes carried outstanding power up to 147 but managed to maintain the lightning speed of a lightweight.

I notice the OP mentioned Sugar Ray as a shining example but he did his fair share of 'timing' fights just right, just as Floyd does these days.

I don't see what is left to discuss about the sorry mess that is Pac/Mayweather. I believe it will happen, but it is already too late for it to be the great fight it could have been.

At this stage, I reckon Cotto has as much chance of taking rounds off Floyd as Pacquiao.

Eh? Are you insinuating Sugar Ray Leonard cherry picked opportune moments to fight?

Biggest fights v Benitez Prime, Hearns 1 prime, Duran 1&2 prime, v Hagler he cherry picked that fight straight out of a 4 year lay off.

He didn't quite have the cherry picking down.

Ricky is right. It's Money Mayweather who doesn't want the fight at this point.

Eh? Are you insinuating Sugar Ray Leonard cherry picked opportune moments to fight?

Biggest fights v Benitez Prime, Hearns 1 prime, Duran 1&2 prime, v Hagler he cherry picked that fight straight out of a 4 year lay off.

He didn't quite have the cherry picking down.

Ricky is right. It's Money Mayweather who doesn't want the fight at this point.

In fairness, I was being harsh there. He didn't do it to anywhere near the level that Floyd has.

SRL admitted to both forcing an immediate rematch with a weight-drained Duran and waiting until Hagler was past his best. The way he humiliated Duran and how he messed Hagler around for so long is pretty shameful as well.

I actually think that this time around it's Arum who doesn't want this fight to happen. Excuses about the MGM not being big enough and wanting to build a new stadium etc.

Make no mistake about it though, Floyd has shifted the goal posts several times in the past, more so than Top Rank, to prevent it from happening. However the chances of Floyd and Arum working together are very slim.

If the fight happens, it happens. And Floyd will win comfortably IMO.

In terms of entertainment though I very much doubt this fight will live up the expectation. In terms of money it will probably be the biggest.

However frustrating it is that they won't fight, boxing shouldn't revolve around a potential fight between these two.

In fairness, I was being harsh there. He didn't do it to anywhere near the level that Floyd has.

SRL admitted to both forcing an immediate rematch with a weight-drained Duran and waiting until Hagler was past his best. The way he humiliated Duran and how he messed Hagler around for so long is pretty shameful as well.

I think your still being a tad harsh.

If I'm not mistaken there was 5 months between Duran 1&2, hardly taking advantage of a poor soul.

Who do you think was at more of a disadvantage, Hagler who was undisputed middleweight champ, maybe slightly on the slide, or Leonard who was coming back from career threatening eye surgery and a 4 year hiatus?

I think your still being a tad harsh.

If I'm not mistaken there was 5 months between Duran 1&2, hardly taking advantage of a poor soul.

Who do you think was at more of a disadvantage, Hagler who was undisputed middleweight champ, maybe slightly on the slide, or Leonard who was coming back from career threatening eye surgery and a 4 year hiatus?

After the Montreal fight Durán went on a partying binge and ballooned in weight. Leonard was aware of this, and in an interview for Beyond the Glory he said: "My intention was to fight Durán ASAP because I knew Durán's habits. I knew he would indulge himself, he'd gain 40–50 lbs and then sweat it off to make 147."
On March 10, 1986, Marvelous Marvin Hagler knocked out John "The Beast" Mugabi in eleven rounds to retain the Undisputed World Middleweight Championship for the twelfth time and advance his record to 62–2–2. "I was ringside," Leonard said. "I'm watching John 'The Beast' Mugabi outbox Hagler. Of all people, John 'The Beast' Mugabi." It was then that Leonard decided to come back and fight Hagler. He called Mike Trainer and said, "I can beat Hagler."

Fair play to SRL for the risk he was taking with his eye, but he took another 5 fights after Hagler.

Fair play to SRL for the risk he was taking with his eye, but he took another 5 fights after Hagler.

Lol.

Hagler was Leonards 2nd fight in 5 years and first ever fight at middle. His comments owe more to mind games and typical boxing machismo than admitting he deliberately waited for Hagler to slip.

Duran had 5 months to prepare if he wanted to party that's on him.

These are 2 of the greatest fighters in history your trying to down play.