****Official MLB 2012 Thread****

Shane

Figured I'd start one up. Don't follow baseball nearly like I used to but still watch my Mariners play when I can. First place for a day! And then tanked day two. Considering we've finished dead last in every offensive category the past two years and did no major upgrades not expecting anything better this season.

Is the MLB shown on terrestial TV anymore? I remember watching it a few years back on Channel 5. Was hoping to get back into it again

Can't help ya there, but there are plenty of streams available out there. Only way I could keep up with the M's anymore. Used to be on TV 3-4 times a week but since we've been utter shit for much of the last ten years not on so much.

Can't help ya there, but there are plenty of streams available out there. Only way I could keep up with the M's anymore. Used to be on TV 3-4 times a week but since we've been utter shit for much of the last ten years not on so much.

I will live in hope of it being shown on Channel 5 sometime as my PC is shit for streams :( hope your team exceed your low expectations of them :lol:

I will live in hope of it being shown on Channel 5 sometime as my PC is shit for streams :( hope your team exceed your low expectations of them :lol:

No good on the streams.

And as an M's fan, I've learned to accept low-expectations as a measure of reality. No team did less with so much as the Mariners of the late-90s and early-00s. Couldn't even manage a pennant with that team.

ESPN show it quite a lot.

Watched the WS on a ESPN stream out of the UK last year craphead2.gif Gary Thorne's voice is like warm butter compared to Joe Buck's.

Jamie Moyer started at age 49 today. Went 5 innings, gave up 3-earned on two homeruns. He's given up plenty of gopher balls though (most ever), and was playing in the band box in Houston. Pretty good show for the man, I hope he sticks it out for 25-30 starts this year.

This guy was pitching for the Cubs when I was two years old. Top member of the good-not-great M's teams of the last generation, too, and finally got a World Series ring he deserved in Philadelphia.

Jamie Moyer started at age 49 today. Went 5 innings, gave up 3-earned on two homeruns. He's given up plenty of gopher balls though (most ever), and was playing in the band box in Houston. Pretty good show for the man, I hope he sticks it out for 25-30 starts this year.

This guy was pitching for the Cubs when I was two years old. Top member of the good-not-great M's teams of the last generation, too, and finally got a World Series ring he deserved in Philadelphia.

He is still playing MLB at 49? Almost Davie Weir like :lol: kudos to the fella

He is still playing MLB at 49? Almost Davie Weir like :lol: kudos to the fella

Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times early on in my career. Top guy for sure. Does a lot of philanthropy work as well.

My Red Sox are off to their usual flying start. angry.gif

Eh, they'll just throw some money at it and be fine. wink.gif

Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times early on in my career. Top guy for sure. Does a lot of philanthropy work as well.

Eh, they'll just throw some money at it and be fine. wink.gif

I said Red Sox not the Evil Empire. tongue.gif

Tampa off to a good start keep there offence going and my team will be up there. Joe maddon has done an unbelievable job on a tiny budget aswell.

And you can still get a ticket there any day of the week! My brother lives in Tampa; going to Rays game is something you do when you get off work and realize there's nothing good on TV.

The money all goes to Liverpool these days. 003.gif

Maybe Carroll's true calling was baseball?

Was there last season for the amazing comeback to get into post season (against the yanks) amazing atmosphere stadiums a bit of a mess though. At 20/1 for the world series worth a few quid

Not a bad buy at all. That division looks as open as it's ever been.

I hate Rivera for years of pain he has brought, but I hate bad sports writing more: http://deadspin.com/5901123/10-years-of-newspapers-declaring-that-mariano-rivera-is-too-old

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

mlb_411.png

Most non-shocking story of the week: Magic Johnson and his friends don't actually have $2billion to buy the Dodgers!

Miggy Cabrera out of the gate on a tear after his late Spring Training ground ball to the face incident. He's only made one error in the first week back at third, but only handled 16 chances somehow.