Is la liga the best league in Europe?

So which teams in those 10 games would come out on top?

We're not discussing individual players ability here, we're discussing the strength of the league, which is best shown over how strong its teams are.

Getafe v Fulham

Bilbao v Swansea

Vallecano v Norwich

Sociedad v Stoke

Mallorca v West Brom

Betis v Villa

Granada v Bolton

Villareal v QPR

Zaragoza v Blackburn

Gijon v Wigan

Santander v Wolves

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point?

I will name players you will never have heard of and you'll just dismiss them. Probably never heard of the likes of Martinez, Herrera, Muniain before the games against Man United. I named Herrera as one to watch out for this season!

Guilherme Siqueira, do you have any idea who he plays for? Didn't think so, but he plays for Granada(newly promoted) and is rated very highly by Guardiola and Man United scouts have been watching him as a potential replacement for Evra.

But I'm sure the likes of Taarabt are far superior with his one Premier league goal and two assist's. :rolleyes:

Of course ive heard of Martinez etc doh

Because you watch Granada every week doesn't mean you have a better knowledge on the subject.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City have been linked with Nick Powell who plays for Crewe Alexandra. Does that mean League 2 is better :lol:

Your points are completely irrelevant and meaningless

(and Im pretty sure Taarabt would get a game for a majority of teams in La Liga. (tu))

you posted that nacho novo could easily get a game in the EPL then quickly edited it out... just like you did with your absurd post regarding the penalty incident in the barca game.

posting stuff then editing it out again is pretty low.

Agreed.

Right down there with rapist's and murderers in my eyes.

nah premiership is - theyve just been poorly represented in europe this season.remember not so long ago, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & MU where making the last 8 of the CL with ease.

I have mde the point about the top 4 in England being the strongest in Europe over the past 10 years on numerous occasions. I have shown the facts to back it up. For some reason though it never goes down well. I only try to show this facts. Nothing to do with the Europa league or anything else, just this.

Maybe a mod such delete post's 47-53, 55 and 58 onwards. Wasting the thread and is just a load of nonsense.Not making more replies, so will edit this to laugh at 'everyone rallied behind me' :lol: :lol: :lol: Derek, Fraser, KB0072, three of the worst posters on here beside Ricky. You know someone is talking shit when those four agree. :praise: :praise:The 'mother' thing was a joke reply with what Scott said, it was hardly personal. If you think it was, then I apologise. (tu)

You send me a PM the other day and have a decent chat with me. I havent touched one of your posts since. I thought we would agree to disagree then you post this? I wasn't even in this thread so why bring me into it again? Not the first time you have done it and I thought we have moved on from it. :anguish:

Comparing a 17/18 year old with potential to a player rated at 15 million euro's to go straight into the first team. :lol: Gary Caldwell, quality player as he captain's Wigan in the EPL. (tu) Villa better than Betis, lol.I give up, some people just don't have the IQ or any sense.

Why cant you just accept poeple have differing opinions? It doesnt make them stupid. Football is a wonderfull game and we all have an opinion on it.

Ok rant over.

3 season ago I would have said the EPL was better. Now its La Liga. This happens though it goes around in circles. The top 2 in Spain are better than the top 2 in England. 3-7 better in England. Mid to bottom is a lot better in Spain. IMO Spain is better but the EPL isnt far behind. Barca and Real do seem to be pulling away both from there own league but in Europe too.

Its easier to follow the EPL because of the coverage we get in this country and the way sky sports big these games up, its pretty hard to get excited about atletico bilbao v valencia on a sunday if theres a game like liverpool v arsenal on before. The games between the top epl clubs have been great this season, no one can argue that!

Its easier to follow the EPL because of the coverage we get in this country and the way sky sports big these games up, its pretty hard to get excited about atletico bilbao v valencia on a sunday if theres a game like liverpool v arsenal on before. The games between the top epl clubs have been great this season, no one can argue that!

This is the whole reason why the EPL in the UK is considered by most as the biggest in the world. Sky have a very good marketing team. Football is Skys number one product and they do everything they can to sell it, from TV adverts to making sure pundits and commentators talk about it being the best. Nothing wrong with this at all. At the end of the day football is now a business.

This is the whole reason why the EPL in the UK is considered by most as the biggest in the world. Sky have a very good marketing team. Football is Skys number one product and they do everything they can to sell it, from TV adverts to making sure pundits and commentators talk about it being the best. Nothing wrong with this at all. At the end of the day football is now a business.

Exactly, without the build up, media hype and the pressure behind it all the games wouldnt be worth watching!! I could watch a bloody entertaining game in the bundesliga for example but if i wasnt sure on how both teams stood going into the game and not knowing what was at stake it would be hard to be engrossed, i follow epl as i hear about it on the radio and hear guys talking about it all the time so it makes the games easier to follow, its harder to be absorbed in the football elsewhere in europe in the same capacity, you can hardly blame me!

Exactly, without the build up, media hype and the pressure behind it all the games wouldnt be worth watching!! I could watch a bloody entertaining game in the bundesliga for example but if i wasnt sure on how both teams stood going into the game and not knowing what was at stake it would be hard to be engrossed, i follow epl as i hear about it on the radio and hear guys talking about it all the time so it makes the games easier to follow, its harder to be absorbed in the football elsewhere in europe in the same capacity, you can hardly blame me!

Not in the slightest mate. Sky and other media outlets in the UK do a great job of promoting it. A lot of people dont watch much other football bar the SPL and EPL. Most of the time its down to the promotion of these leagues on TV. At other times its down to the fact people dont have the time to watch all the other leagues. Some people dedicate the majority of their free time to watching every league available. I watch Rangers, the EPL and La Liga when I can this is due to having a life that doesnt revolve around football.

Not in the slightest mate. Sky and other media outlets in the UK do a great job of promoting it. A lot of people dont watch much other football bar the SPL and EPL. Most of the time its down to the promotion of these leagues on TV. At other times its down to the fact people dont have the time to watch all the other leagues. Some people dedicate the majority of their free time to watching every league available. I watch Rangers, the EPL and La Liga when I can this is due to having a life that doesnt revolve around football.

This is another thing I find it hard enough to keep up with spl and premiership as it is without even considering leagues abroad!! I wonder how guys like rangers no1 keeps up with everything!

This is another thing I find it hard enough to keep up with spl and premiership as it is without even considering leagues abroad!! I wonder how guys like rangers no1 keeps up with everything!

Ye me too. I have a ton of other things. I would rarely watch a game like Wigan v Wolves. I would never watch a game in the SPL outside Rangers or Celtic. I do watch most of the highlights from both leagues when I can. I tend to watch any game in the EPL that involves the bigger teams or the teams like Swansea that play good football. I watch La Liga if im in and sitting with the family I will have it on Sky go.

Some members seem to have an endless amount of time to watch not just football but every other sport too, you just have to look at this section to see that. They cant have much else going on in life. Nothing wrong with this of course. If sport is their life thats fair enough.

just caught the highlights of wigan vs man u. solid performance at the back from Caldwell to help lock out united and the only goal of the game an outstanding solo effort from Maloney.

but aye, on that basis, nacho novo could play in the EPL :lol:

Technically it is far superior. Has anyone seen the effect the EPL has had on David Silva recently? Ok, he scored the other night, but for a few months before that he has been done-in. The Spanish know the secret of good football; they keep the ball and let the ball do the work; in England the footballer is the focus. That is a subtle difference, but amazes me that we still haven't grasped it in this country.

Technically it is far superior. Has anyone seen the effect the EPL has had on David Silva recently? Ok, he scored the other night, but for a few months before that he has been done-in. The Spanish know the secret of good football; they keep the ball and let the ball do the work; in England the footballer is the focus. That is a subtle difference, but amazes me that we still haven't grasped it in this country.

You also see how much more effective Ronaldo has been since his move to Spain, he can really use his attributes to maximum in La Liga while in England he was still a star man but not at the same extent as to what he is now.

Bilbao also gave United a master class in football twice but struggle in Spain domestically because teams play at a much higher level imo. The EPL get’s some amount of promotion by SKY and tbh it’s all you see on TV during ads ect, which gets the attention of the viewer...Super Sundays ect with the dramatic music and effects then a basic 5 sec ad for the weekends La Liga action.

A division which boasts the best 2 players in the world just now along with the best European team not to mention the draw of Mourinho has to be the leader.

La Liga has always been better than the English league and anyone outside England knows it .

No, there have been several periods in history when the English, Italian and Spanish leagues have been the best in Europe.

just caught the highlights of wigan vs man u. solid performance at the back from Caldwell to help lock out united and the only goal of the game an outstanding solo effort from Maloney.

but aye, on that basis, nacho novo could play in the EPL :lol:

Man united lost to a Wigan team half filled with former spl players, sammon, mcarthur, mcarthy, Maloney and Caldwell