The C*ltic Badge in Today's DR

JM1872

Has anyone seen the badge in the paper today? Instead of the usual "C*eltic Football Club" or whatever it says, the one in the record seems to say "The C*ltic Football Club(?) Athletic Coy. LTD".

Is this "Athletic Company LTD" not to do with their supposed liquidation/reformation in 199... whenever it was? Are the DR up to something? What exactly is their game?

Sorry if it's nothing.. just seems to be unusual.

Probably a bear having a little fun at their expense, it will no doubt be met wil howls of protest and accusations of bias.

Alternatively it could be extremely sloppy work by the record, it is not as if they set themselves high standards at that comic.

i heard on one of those timmy love ins, sorry phone ins that when they were called athletic club it was for tax breaks and that was one of their supporters that said it and all the panel agreed..

Their fans used to moan years ago that they got bigger crowds than what was officialy announced. Probably some tax avoidance thingy there too. I'm talking about 60s-70s era.

Their fans used to moan years ago that they got bigger crowds than what was officialy announced. Probably some tax avoidance thingy there too. I'm talking about 60s-70s era.

They were messing with the figures for decades.

Two biscuit tins on the door. One for official attendance and one for the secret coffers.

Sellouts being called 15k crowds and the such - rat bastards.