I really wish you'd all give it a rest with this tainted title pish

GOAT

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not at all, if we lose the tax case they will point out that eck's two title wins along with any title wins that Smith won with players on EBT's were with players that we wouldnt have been able to afford had the EBT's not being used

its a load of shite but imo so is the tainted title stuff this season, we were rotten from november onwards and didnt go into administration until february

If its a load of shite, why say it.

Tim talk is rubbing off on you. Tell a lie often enough..........

As we speak we have beaten them twice in old firm games at a canter but made the last one dramatic

through our own stupidity when it was a stroll .

At the Darkheid we had a goal over the line that it was no suprise lemmon didnt comment on refs that night.

It may be an excuse but how many teams could win a title with the shite going on in the background

that we have had - then you have a 10 pointer favour to your nearest challenger in waiting.

Not Rocket science Mr Lemmon & Radio Clyde - (where i live cant get it - lucky me )

Naismith was inspirational early season and as soon as he was out we changed in performance outlook

and off the pitch matters not even man utd - ferguson mind games could survive that distraction to come through.

We should be proud that the fans have shown in unity no matter what is thrown -every other saturday means exactly that .

(tu)

I don't see how the title can't be tainted when one team wins it but could after 38 games are played have less points then the team in 2nd excluding a points deduction.

We could now face a scenario of Rangers winning more games than Celtic, Rangers losing less games than Celtic, Rangers winning 3 out of 4 old firm games yet Celtic win the league.

As for us dropping points this season the scum have had some shockers themselves and they have also had a fair amount of luck with Hearts missing last minute penalties and goals that were about 2 foot over the line not being given.

Not only have our money problems been a big blow for us but we have been very unlucky on the injury front as well losing Naismith and Lafferty and then having to sell Jelavic without replacing him. A few times over the last few months we've been down to the bare bones due to about 15 players or so being unavailable for one reason or another.

Tell you what put Jelavic,Naismith and Lafferty back into the Rangers team right now and start the league from 0 points and we would see who the best team is thats for sure.

The reason the mhanky mob won their first title in four years today wasn't because we got put into adminstration, it was because of us failing to beat St Mirren all season until today, us failing to beat hearts at home at all this season, not being able to beat Aberdeen at home, St Johnstone at home, Kilmarnock home and away, Dundee Utd, the tarriers st the piggery, this list goes on and fucking on.

Throwing away a 12 point lead or whatever it was to them before New Year is what cost us this league let those fenian tramps enjoy their day, when we have ours remember today and it will make it so much sweeter.

Fuck them, and fuck their title.

(tu)

I don't see how we would have mounted a serious challenge without a proper Jelavic replacement.

IMO, I have to agree with the OP. We've not played like Champions since October. I don't doubt administration has had it's effects on the players minds but we chucked a 12 point lead prior to that and that's not really acceptable.

If you want to take it to this level, you could argue that Craig Whyte being in charge in general has handicapped our challenge from the outset. (IE. Botched bids for players like Goodwillie).

how can you say that when we threw away a 9 point lead to be 4 behind them by the time we entered administration

as for them being bottle merchants, you dont go on a domestic run of something like 20 wins and a draw without having some form of bottle, aye they fucked up against killie and us, but they done what had to be done to win the league

you could easily say that our bottle went this season as our arses did collapse when we were 9 in front

To a Tim it's tainted.

But deep down the writing was on the wall this season. I just don't rate Super as a manager who knows maybe he will become a great manager and with the prospect of playing youngsters for at least a few years he might as well cut his cloth so to speak with his beloved Rangers. I for one wont have any expectations of winning titles for a while.

Of course the OP makes a good point.... But.. going into Admin was massive. I think the OP has underestimated that event. Yes, we had a bad run.. but ... after Admin we have dropped many more points than we should have. There was little or no focus on football.

The loss of Naisy and Jelavic were both massive as well.

Tainted title? We'll see how many points we are behind at the end of the year. I think Admin has cost us 7 points - because of being unprepared while players were negotiating etc... so 10 + 7 = 17.

Get it to within 15, and... then there is a real argument for a tainted title imho. 00000042.gif