Far East Tycoon in Gers Plea

SINGAPORE businessman Bill Ng last night begged Rangers fans to trust him after revealing he has been planning his £20million takeover offer for the club since last year.

The chairman of homeland club Hougang United is fronting a five-man consortium and is one of three bidders aiming to take control of the financially-stricken Ibrox club, who are in administration.

Ng has been viewed with suspicion so far, but the director at private equity firm Financial Frontiers is keen to stress he is deadly serious at becoming the new owner at Rangers.

Ng said: “In recent days, we’ve seen more creditors crying foul and claiming that they’re owed money by the club.

“It is up to the administrators to decide what the real amount is. We’ve been monitoring the situation since last December so we’re happy with our offer, which remains and will not change.

“As a Rangers fan myself since my childhood days, I know how fiercely protective the supporters are of the club’s heritage and tradition. We truly feel that we are the ones who can right the ship there.”

If this development is successful, it could possibly further benefit Singapore football in the future

Football Association of Singapore’s director of marketing and competitions, Ridzal Saat

And Ng has been give the backing of his national FA for his bold bid to take over Rangers.

Football Association of Singapore’s director of marketing and competitions, Ridzal Saat, said: “We would like to applaud Bill Ng for his efforts in the bid.

“If this development is successful, it could possibly further benefit Singapore football in the future.”

link - http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/313293

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to believe that he is the best bid his family's fortune is around £8 Billion pounds and he seems to have allot of plans to develop our brand and the bit about him being a Rangers fan might be true seeing as his other team have No Surrender on their scarves it's a bit of a coincidence otherwise.

if their fa is behind this also then it could be a serious contender to become the main bid

It doesn't mean they are backing him financially just that they think it's a good idea that could benefit football in Singapore

But this guys family fortune is around £4 Billion pounds so funds shouldn't be much of an issue especially if he's only heading up a consortium of other buisnessmen

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/79/singapore-billionaires-11_land.html

I'm starting to believe that he is the best bid his family's fortune is around £8 Billion pounds and he seems to have allot of plans to develop our brand and the bit about him being a Rangers fan might be true seeing as his other team have No Surrender on their scarves it's a bit of a coincidence otherwise.

I believe this guy has the Clout ,and as I mentioned before they are very adventurous business people.

I like the Far Eastern work Ethic it is second to non, and he comes across as a serious and astute bidder.

Of course we dont know the details but been keeping tabs since last year.

Sounds as though he has been busy.

It doesn't mean they are backing him financially just that they think it's a good idea that could benefit football in Singapore

But this guys family fortune is around £4 Billion pounds so funds shouldn't be much of an issue especially if he's only heading up a consortium of other buisnessmen

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/79/singapore-billionaires-11_land.html

na i know mate its just the way ive written it.....what i mean is that it could help add more eight to the bid and help push the Rangers "brand" over there if they are supporting him

na i know mate its just the way ive written it.....what i mean is that it could help add more eight to the bid and help push the Rangers "brand" over there if they are support him

Well maybe if he takes over then we should be going on a summer tour (unless we are still going to the USA) if we could really push the Rangers product/brand over there then maybe we could get the near the plastic support that the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal get we could make money from shirt sales and stuff and maybe get another SPL TV deal I know it wouldn't be worth much but every little cash injection helps.

Well maybe if he takes over then we should be going on a summer tour (unless we are still going to the USA) if we could really push the Rangers product/brand over there then maybe we could get the near the plastic support that the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal get we could make money from shirt sales and stuff and maybe get another SPL TV deal I know it wouldn't be worth much but every little cash injection helps.

as long as we dont clash with the mhanks tour of japan we should be fine....you are right though mate every possible revenue stream should at least be looked at....i firmly believe that ran in the correct manner we would be profitable.....jjb deal doesnt help imo

More info here:-

$40m Glasgow Rangers bid is climax of 40-year love affair

Hougang United chief Bill Ng, estimated to be worth up to $82m, lives and breathes football

Hougang United chairman Bill Ng is part of the five-man Singapore consortium seeking to buy Scottish league champions Rangers Football Club.

Almost 40 years ago, a Singaporean boy watched on television as Scottish football club Rangers conquered Europe for the first time by lifting the Uefa Cup Winners' Cup.

A love affair was born.

Today, Mr Bill Ng hopes to take his childhood fascination to a whole different level by buying the famous but now bankrupt club for 20 million pounds (S$40 million)

CLUB HAS 5.5 MILLION FANS

Rangers Football Club, based in Glasgow, have won 54 Scottish league titles, which is not just a record in their country. No club in the world has won more national titles than them. Nicknamed the Gers, they were the first British club to reach the final of a European club competition in 1961. Their only continental triumph was at the 1972 European Cup Winners' Cup.

Rangers boast a reported worldwide fan base of 5.5 million, with their 51,000-capacity Ibrox stadium regularly entertaining sell-out crowds (right). The 141-year-old club are fierce rivals with cross-city opponents Celtic - the two are collectively known as the Old Firm.

Rangers' traditional support has largely come from the Protestant community, while Celtic's supporters are predominantly Catholics. The rivalry is considered one of the most violent in world football. In 1980, about 9,000 fans fought an on-pitch battle in the aftermath of Celtic's 1-0 victory in a Scottish Cup final, but there have been fewer serious incidents of violence in recent years.

It cost Rangers owner Craig Whyte about £52.5 million (S$105 million) to take over the club in May last year. Already struggling to escape the shadow of the popular English Premier League, the club sank into crisis after news that Mr Whyte bought it using about £24.4 million raised by mortgaging three years' worth of season tickets to London-based agency Ticketus.

In February, Rangers entered administration after a dispute with the tax authorities. They could owe more than £134 million to 276 creditors.

Despite his five-man Singapore consortium facing rival American and Scottish bids, the 52-year-old has started to dream of having tea with a Rangers legend.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_786516.html

According to another article, he has an estimated wealth of £40M. Thats quite a gap.