Who do you want?

maxdoblo

259 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the new owner to be?

• The Blue Knights
    • Bill Miller's American Bid
    • Singapore Consortium
    • Cant Decide

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if none of the buyers want liquidation why do duff and Phelps keep talking about it.

and do you really believe whytes done all this to just dissapear with nothing.

The admin keep talking about it because its a possibility no matter who buys us, tbk dont WANT to liquidate us. BUT they may not have a choice if the tax case and CVA dont go our way.

Also re. Craig whyte, i think he would like to make money somewhere out of all this but afaik there is no proof he is involved in the USA bid, and the admin have already said whyte is irrelivant moving forward.

The admin keep talking about it because its a possibility no matter who buys us, tbk dont WANT to liquidate us. BUT they may not have a choice if the tax case and CVA dont go our way.

Also re. Craig whyte, i think he would like to make money somewhere out of all this but afaik there is no proof he is involved in the USA bid, and the admin have already said whyte is irrelivant moving forward.

no there's no proof that's true.

no there's no proof that's true.

just like there is no proof that miller wants to liquidate us, and no proof CW is involved with miller.

which brings me back to my first point about needing more info on ALL bids before i make my mind up.

Paul Murray sat at Ibrox for years and done NOTHING!!! Now he's the knight in shining armour? I really don't understand why the majority of people are backing him.

Rangers has been needing a shake up and cleared out for years. There was far too many Paul Murray's sitting on the board doing fuck all. But filling there own pockets!

I think we need to back someone with fresh ideas for the future. Backing Paul Murray to me can only mean years of failure.

Paul Murray sat at Ibrox for years and done NOTHING!!! Now he's the knight in shining armour? I really don't understand why the majority of people are backing him.

Rangers has been needing a shake up and cleared out for years. There was far too many Paul Murray's sitting on the board doing fuck all. But filling there own pockets!

I think we need to back someone with fresh ideas for the future. Backing Paul Murray to me can only mean years of failure.

Going by the poll result on this thread, they aren't mate. (tu)

Just an impossible question to answer because I don't know enough about any of them to say.

I would say bringing in someone from the far east is a big gamble ... it might be the best thing ever or it might be a disaster because of the cultural differences.

The club is at such a low ebb right now that I don't think we could afford another disaster so I would have to say safety first which presumably is TBKs?

I really can't decide as I don't have information about the bids to make a concious decision. My hope is that whoever does take control of our club, helps us get back to where we belong, without liquidation.

Any reasonable person would remain in the "can't decide" camp until we see the substance of the other bids.

Just cos we don't know what they are doesn't make them a bad thing, but the admins do need to give out as much info as they can without compromising their legal position. Failing that they should encourage the bidders to do so.

TBK have gained a bit of credibility, but I still can't see how anyone can make a comparison without some info on the others.

So much for TBK being the fans favoured bid.

Don't like TBK for ticketus involvement and borrowing more money, thats what got us in this mess.

As for Miller well links to ellis reported which makes me think it may lead back to whyte despite ellis court case and his comments in press.

So that leaves me with singapore bid as kennedy it seems can't make up his mind.

if none of the buyers want liquidation why do duff and Phelps keep talking about it.

and do you really believe whytes done all this to just dissapear with nothing.

How do we know it's not TBK that want liquidation.

Please don't reply with "cos they said so".

So did miller.

I'm not supporting either yet, but the constant pro-murray "only show in town" propaganda is very off-putting.

How do we know it's not TBK that want liquidation.

Please don't reply with "cos they said so".

So did miller.

I'm not supporting either yet, but the constant pro-murray "only show in town" propaganda is very off-putting.

because the blue knights bid relays on fan involment and ticketus. its clearly structured to only work without liquidation.

It's got to be 'can't Decide'

There is clearly not enough information on any bid to make a reasoned decision.

We really could do with a series of questions that could be put to ALL bidders, something that is comparable to the answers from the opposing camps.

Surely this isnt a difficult proposition, after all 2 of the 3 bidders are using forums, surely those guys ie GersNet and FollowFollow could construct a series of questions that could be put to all, answering questions they, and the wider support, have.

Yank for me

Yank for me as well.

Our love for the game is growing, and our can do attitude will re-enter the clubs psyche. Financial, Operations, Food Service, Janitorial, Grounds, they will all be run within the clubs means and operate in the "black" rather than the "red".

It it my hope that the Miller bid wins.

Unless he's for liquidation, in which case i'll drive to his house and poop on his car-door handle.

It's scary in that we have these 3 bids and there are so many doubters of everyone of them .I want someone that's going to come in and have backbone to deal with media/enemies and for me the only way we might get this is with Blue Knights .The supporters clubs may be dumped when they have no longer use by Paul Murray but I still think there the best bet for all Rangers fans

Cant decide, and I would doubt I would ever be able to. It is going to take a hell of an effort before I will ever trust a Rangers owner again, even if they are “Rangers fans/men”.

It would be a lot more helpful if someone came out with a solid business model rather than just referencing buzz words and the kind of things fans want to hear.

“Winning the European Cup”

“Fan Owned club”.

I would doubt we will see either become a reality for about 10 years at the least.

Our support needs reality, honesty and a genuine this is where we are, this is how the next few years will be kind of consortium.

I can't decide and the more I think on it I realise that I won't be totally happy

whoever gets us.

Each bid will have merits and disadvantages. Will just hope that whoever takes over has the best

interests of the club at heart

I've voted for the American bid, mainly because I think it will open a few doors in that country.

Football is becoming more mainstream over there and it may be the best time to get in.

What I would like to see however is the main men from these bids facing up to each other in a debate, live on tv if it could be arranged.

then we can get to hear what each bid has to offer without any media bias and make up our own minds who to back.