Chris Woods or Andy Goram..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prior to woods joining we had some pretty average keepers

Walker was just before Chris if I remember.

Having Woods was fantastic a complete pro all that training during games etc we had never seen the likes.

But Goram was in a class of his own for me.

Im no good with links but have a look for us playing the sheep up there 1-3 I think.

Some of the saves that night were out of this world.

So only 2 to 1 in favour of Woods and I would bet the majority saying Goram never even got to see Woods play. Funny as the other week on here someone argued with me that Goram would be the overwhelming winner and he was a much better Keeper. Turns out he would have been about 6 when Woods left Rangers :lol:

So only 2 to 1 in favour of Woods and I would bet the majority saying Goram never even got to see Woods play. Funny as the other week on here someone argued with me that Goram would be the overwhelming winner and he was a much better Keeper. Turns out he would have been about 6 when Woods left Rangers :lol:

I seen both and Woods was always a bit of a shitebag as a keeper .

Let this go on a bit and Goram would win it easily .........

yep, pretty obvious alot never seen Woods play, he was a smashing keeper, and one of my all time greats.

yep, pretty obvious alot never seen Woods play, he was a smashing keeper, and one of my all time greats.

Wonderful keeper. Best to ever grace the Scottish league. Too many go on youtube footage of which you dont get a lot for Woods.

Bonkers question , Goram was miles better than Woods .

McGregors on a par with Woods , Goram is in another league well above both ...........

This.

Goram was a better keeper by quite some distance. Exceptional.

He was a bottle merchant and everyone knew it at the time .

You are off your head if you think he was anywhere near Gorams level .........

Clearly everyone didnt know this. At least 8 on here so far so otherwise. What did he bottle?

Woods was a fantastic keeper we had not seen this standard since Ritchie

The along came Andy and he was even better.

we have been very lucky to have seen such a standard of keeper and if you add Klos and now Alan to that you can see just how fortunate we have been

Woods was a fantastic keeper but I think Andy Goram edges it for me. Some of Andy's saves almost defied logic. As someone posted earlier, we have had some really good keepers with Klos, McGregor, Alexander but I will throw in the name of the guy I rate third behind Goram and Woods... Ronald Waterreus.

Was never clever in packed penalty box with big strikers around him , Goram had loads more bottle and was by far our greatest ever keeper .

Was it you that argued with me the other week? How can you state he wasnt good in the air? The most ironic part of that would be the fact that high balls into the box where easily Gorams weakest part of his game. :clap:

Was it you that argued with me the other week? How can you state he wasnt good in the air? The most ironic part of that would be the fact that high balls into the box where easily Gorams weakest part of his game. :clap:

Where exactly did i say he was not good in the air ?

I said he was a bottle merchant , Goram was excellent at punching balls out the box as was his all round game and it was far better than Woods ever achieved .

Did you even watch both keepers other than youtube clips ?