Chris Woods or Andy Goram..

prior to woods joining we had some pretty average keepers

Walker was just before Chris if I remember.

Having Woods was fantastic a complete pro all that training during games etc we had never seen the likes.

But Goram was in a class of his own for me.

Im no good with links but have a look for us playing the sheep up there 1-3 I think.

Some of the saves that night were out of this world.

if its the same game i'm thinking of, it ended up 3-2. the reason i remember is because i couldnt get to the game, but i knew the score and watched the highlights that night. in the last minute Robert Connor had a dipping volley going into the top left corner - an absolute peach of a shot, and i turned away and said 'wonder why that was chopped off?'. turned back, and saw that Goram had saved it. could not believe that save.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was never clever in packed penalty box with big strikers around him , Goram had loads more bottle and was by far our greatest ever keeper .

Where exactly did i say he was not good in the air ?I said he was a bottle merchant , Goram was excellent at punching balls out the box as was his all round game and it was far better than Woods ever achieved .Did you even watch both keepers other than youtube clips ?

Was else did you mean? he wasnt clever at getting low balls from big strikers?

Yes I watched them both live (tu) did you, honestly?

i would have to say Goram. People on here have said Woods was a good all rounder, but i disagree mainly with his ability with cross-balls. he used to ran out, then stop and get caught out (in fairness, this may have happened after his virus injury, which was pretty crippling - i cant remember)

i would have to say Goram. People on here have said Woods was a good all rounder, but i disagree mainly with his ability with cross-balls. he used to ran out, then stop and get caught out (in fairness, this may have happened after his virus injury, which was pretty crippling - i cant remember)

I do agree to an extent with this. The Virus he got is a bad one for keppers as it affects their balance. It was only for a short time he had this problem though.

I do agree to an extent with this. The Virus he got is a bad one for keppers as it affects their balance. It was only for a short time he had this problem though.

i was sure he had it for at least a year - my uncle saw him training once on his comeback, and said he was diving for shots after they were in the net.

edit: just googled it and it said 6 months

i was sure he had it for at least a year - my uncle saw him training once on his comeback, and said he was diving for shots after they were in the net.

edit: just googled it and it said 6 months

He was out for around six months and struggled for another few months when he came back. It passed though. Some might remember this instead of some of his incredible performances.

I think Andy was a unique talent especially as he didn't really have the physical attributes to be a top keeper but he excelled so much in other ways that didn't matter.

Suppose it's like wee guys in basketball teams always have something the big guys don't or they wouldn't be there

andy takes it for time after time making saves - especially against the scum that just denied physics.

woods brilliance was epitomized by his incredible top corner save from elliott's bullet of a header at the midden.

shagger on some european nights has pulled off amazing stops, and ties with chris for second.

billy ritchie comes third.

prior to woods joining we had some pretty average keepers

Walker was just before Chris if I remember.

Having Woods was fantastic a complete pro all that training during games etc we had never seen the likes.

But Goram was in a class of his own for me.

Im no good with links but have a look for us playing the sheep up there 1-3 I think.

Some of the saves that night were out of this world.

i was looking through old games - is this the one? (the save i was talking about in the other post is at 9mins 30secs)

i was looking through old games - is this the one? (the save i was talking about in the other post is at 9mins 30secs)

A wee aside, this game was played on Sportsnight for those that can remember the show, as the featured match as none of the english first division games were worthy of FIRST billing, ah the god old days.