Chris Woods or Andy Goram..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goram, even a few celtic fans I know thought Goram was better than Schmeichel

For unbelievable saves I'd put Goram ahead of Schmeichel but for overall contribution and dominating a box and defence Schmeichel just edges it for me.

Woods was a tremendous goalkeeper. I don't actually think there was much between Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor. I'd be happy with all of them in goal but think Goram is the one I'd want reacting to a big Quieere scissor kick from six yards out.

(tu)

"I was thrown in at Celtic Park, of all places. We won 1-0, which virtually clinched it. I'm reading Paul Gascoigne's book and it's bringing back fantastic memories. I was privileged to be with a great club and players like Gazza, Ally McCoist, Stuart McCall and Brian Laudrup.

"I didn't play enough games to earn a medal, but when we went on a trip to Toronto some of the boys had a few too many drinks and decided to have tattoos done. I said: 'No way, my wife would go bananas.' But they kept saying 'You need something to remember us by', and Coisty and Ian Durrant wrote 'Rangers FC: Nine in a Row, 1997' on a scrap of paper. I woke up the next day with it on my shoulder."