Derry appeal rejected.

QPR's Shaun Derry has had his claim for wrongful dismissal rejected by the Football Association. The midfielder was sent off against Manchester United on Saturday.

When you think about how much these morons went on about the Rooney appeal yet they reject this one it's crazy.

I HATE the English FA.

It was offside and Young dived yet it stands? They have had the chance to view the incident like those on Sky who also said it was the wrong decision.

I really don't see how they could reject that appeal?

Did Rooney ever get pulled up for elbowing the Wigan player in the face earlier in the season?

The FA had to reject it imo.

and heres my logic.

1. everyone goes on about it being offside. it was, but the panel have to dismiss this. If they overturn the appeal on the basis young was offside, it could open a pandora's box. What if in tonights game, Dirk Kuyt runs with the ball towrds Blackburns goal, and Gael Givet goes in, 2 footed, and breaks his leg, and gets sent off - but replays show tha Kuyt was slightly offside anyway. Could Blackburn appeal the decision on the grounds that the linesman should have flagged and play should have been stopped before he made the horror tackle? Ofcourse not.

So the FA has to judge each foul on it's merit wihtout considering what happened before that incident.

2. Even though we all know it was a dive, you have to wonder why Derry reach out to Young anyway, he just has a slight hand on him, then just a very slight pull of his shirt. In real time it looks worse, but when slowed down we see how minimal it is.

imo, if the FA were to overturn this, it would open the door for very minimal pushing/shirt pulling - defenders would start to ask "well, from that point of view, we can shirt-tug as long as it's very minimal?". Next week a defender might just have a very slight grab on an attackers shirt when hes through on goal. If he gets sent off, he coudl then argue "well, Derry had his overturned for a slight grab on Youngs shirt, and i just had a very slight tug at my opponents shirt" - so i understand the FA's position that they have to be seen to send a message that no shirt tugging at all will be deemed acceptable.

i guess you could argue 'common sense' in this one, but i think we need to understand the 2 points i've mentioned above, these 'panels' in the FA's are more about setting precedents for future incidents.

2. Even though we all know it was a dive, you have to wonder why Derry reach out to Young anyway, he just has a slight hand on him, then just a very slight pull of his shirt. In real time it looks worse, but when slowed down we see how minimal it is.

imo, if the FA were to overturn this, it would open the door for very minimal pushing/shirt pulling - defenders would start to ask "well, from that point of view, we can shirt-tug as long as it's very minimal?". Next week a defender might just have a very slight grab on an attackers shirt when hes through on goal. If he gets sent off, he coudl then argue "well, Derry had his overturned for a slight grab on Youngs shirt, and i just had a very slight tug at my opponents shirt" - so i understand the FA's position that they have to be seen to send a message that no shirt tugging at all will be deemed acceptable.

agreed with the first part, but not with this, the FA should be viewing it on wether the contact was enough to cause the foul, as we seen from aluko against dunfermline if contact is deemed minimal enough then the defender is cleared

if the next week a defender tugs the shirt ever so slightly of an attacker, again the ref, and then if required the FA should be looking at "was the foul enough to put the striker off his action"

agreed with the first part, but not with this, the FA should be viewing it on wether the contact was enough to cause the foul, as we seen from aluko against dunfermline if contact is deemed minimal enough then the defender is cleared

if the next week a defender tugs the shirt ever so slightly of an attacker, again the ref, and then if required the FA should be looking at "was the foul enough to put the striker off his action"

firstly on the aluko one, i seen it loads of times, i could be wrong but i couldn't see any contact what-so-ever.

also you say the ref & the respective FA.... but the problem is, theyy are infact very different.

what a referee decides at the time is very subjective, he gets 1 look, and makes a call in real time, and everyone accepts this.

when FA's make decisions, they have umpteen camera angles, but more importantly, liek i mentioned before, whatever they decide will be carried forward in other cases.

a bit liek the judge on our tax case right now, his decision wont affect just us, but if he clears us, then many other business in the UK have a case that they too were within their rights to use EBTs.

from this perspective, if they cleared Derry, who im sure we can agree did tug Youngs shirt (even though it was the slightest of touches), then the FA would face a scenario where the would have to rue against there own ref's everytiem there was a very slight shirt tug. Refs then may be fearful of giving penalties for shirt tugs in the future.

imo, the FAs have taken a hard stance against shirt-pulling over the last 5 years, making them automatic bookings. So over turning Derrys red, could be a show of leniancy to a shirt-pull.

just trying to make sense of the matter, but on this occasion i think the ref & FA's have different agendas, the refs got it wrong on 2 fronts (the offside & the pealty) - but the FA has it's own agenda when it comes to these reviews and rejecting it makes sense to me.