Amendments to SPL rules

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two clubs voting against this proposed change would see it failing?

If so ourselves and at least one other team that look like they may go into administration in the foreseeable future will certainly vote against it.

Hearts?

Dunfermline?

There will surely be at least two votes against these changes?

We honestly might aswell. If we stay in SPL, we get crippled with whatever points deductions the arseholes want to give us, realistically, we cannot win the league and there is nothing (ie. no Europe) to be gained from finishing in the top 3/4. While playing there we would be gaining other clubs money with big paydays coming to Ibrox, travelling support and keeping the TV deal going.

So, in my head, we might aswell go down to the lower divisions, work our way up, experience new stadiums and places to go. In this time, the SPL will be crumbling and you'd imagine quite a few sides would go under without the TV deal. The coefficient would get inevitably fucked and the league would be weakened upon our hopeful return.

In my head, there's barely a decision to be made. Sadly, i'm pretty sure new owners wouldn't give up the SPL though

That is the point re new owners, that is the main reason these cunts are making sure this is done and dusted prior to us having a say round the table. Stop giving them a penny for away games if this comes onto play. Look what happened to Yorkstons team because of one game , when the money did not come through.

Never mind stopping buying newspapers , get it right into these rhats and hit them hard money wise. Why was this not brought in when Motherwell , or Gretna went the same way?

Their timing is really worked out re bids for the club. I detest those insignificant cunts that run these shitty clubs.

If so ourselves and at least one other team that look like they may go into administration in the foreseeable future will certainly vote against it.

Hearts?

Dunfermline?

Ra sellic will back us or do I mean knife us in the back.

Really good point re not giving them money by a boycott , People say that the team needs support, well by doing as you mention we would be giving the club our support and the players would realise this.

I'm assuming the reduced revenue line is included as a bulwark against any backlash by our fans - surely we would fuck them over in the long run? I recall years back during the so-called "rebel ten" crisis (this one may go down as the Rhebel's Eleven), both OF clubs submitted applications to the EPL, this had a dramatic effect on the upstarts: they were clearly shitting it at the prospect of an SPL without us; I don't see any evidence of improvement in their positions since then. Any new owners must do the same - make a few clubs realise that we'll hurt them for this long term and perhaps we can check this nasty piece of business before it can become a reality.

That is the point re new owners, that is the main reason these cunts are making sure this is done and dusted prior to us having a say round the table. Stop giving them a penny for away games if this comes onto play. Look what happened to Yorkstons team because of one game , when the money did not come through.

Never mind stopping buying newspapers , get it right into these rhats and hit them hard money wise. Why was this not brought in when Motherwell , or Gretna went the same way?

Their timing is really worked out re bids for the club. I detest those insignificant cunts that run these shitty clubs.

It's staggering how short term they are thinking.

Could genuinely be the end of the game here.

Jeesus am I fed up with this nonsense.

Duff & Phelps, administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "As administrators we had hoped to announce today the acceptance in principle of an offer for the purchase of Rangers Football Club, which would be followed by a period of exclusivity while due diligence is undertaken.

"Regrettably, this is not now possible as we were informed over the Easter holiday period that the SPL is proposing to consider at a general meeting on April 30, significant rule changes in relation to clubs which find themselves in an insolvency situation.

"The effect of such revised measures being considered at this juncture is that we, as administrators are duty bound to inform those parties who have submitted bids of the proposed resolutions the SPL intends to consider. Failure to do so would constitute material non-disclosure on our part, which is a serious matter.

"Inevitably, bidders are now considering this information and will have to take a view as to whether it will affect their individual bids as they now stand. The result is a delay in the sale process. We hope to receive feedback from bidders as soon as possible in order for us to take the sale process forward as quickly as we can.

"We fully respect the right of the SPL to review its own rules and regulations and will not comment on the detail of what is being proposed for the meeting on April 30 at this stage. However, the fact that such measures are being considered at such a sensitive point in the sale process at Rangers is disruptive and regrettable. We hope to issue a further update by the end of this week."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2731298

:mad:

Agreed. I'd happily watch them struggle without a decent TV deal and home earnings vs Rangers 2/3 times a season.

If we're a newco then there wouldn't be much incentive to stay in the SPL with those sanctions - other than to share in any TV money and avoid losing certain players who aren't in it for the long haul.

That mob beside us are losing 65k a week just now and that is with tv money. they would be hit.

Hearts?

Dunfermline?

Doesn't work like that.

Resolutions 2B and 5 require the support of a minimum of 11 Clubs to be adopted; all other Resolutions require the support of a minimum of 8 Clubs to be adopted.

Why should we help the SPL and those cunts by staying in a division we have no chance of winning or gaining anything from? I mean just look at what they are planning to do to us if the even of a newco is to happen...

Give them nothing and let's build this club up once again from the bottom (If it's to be). They would soon change their tune if the biggest club with the biggest support in the land were to start over.

Honestly they have a cheek.

I'm assuming the reduced revenue line is included as a bulwark against any backlash by our fans - surely we would fuck them over in the long run? I recall years back during the so-called "rebel ten" crisis (this one may go down as the Rhebel's Eleven), both OF clubs submitted applications to the EPL, this had a dramatic effect on the upstarts: they were clearly shitting it at the prospect of an SPL without us; I don't see any evidence of improvement in their positions since then. Any new owners must do the same - make a few clubs realise that we'll hurt them for this long term and perhaps we can check this nasty piece of business before it can become a reality.

You are right re tv money, but really fuck them and go to div 3 then no tv money for any one of those cunts or if a new deal no way near the amount that they would try and take from us.

3rd division means no Europe for 4 years minimum and 75% tv money is better than none.

the Americans will have us in a hobbled spl no matter what the fans want.

I'd still rather have that than competing in a league we can't win, and where finishing 2nd would bring us virtually nothing. Attendances would fall away worse under those conditions than fighting for consistent promotions through the lower leagues.

Plus, even threatening to drop to D3 and losing the SPL the Sky contract would be enough to make them shit their load and back down imo.

3rd division means no Europe for 4 years minimum and 75% tv money is better than none.

They won't make money if the fans stay away...which if you are playing in a divison with hee haw to play for that will be sure to happen.

The SPL can't and wont be able to go forward without Rangers so as soon as we threaten to go down the lower divison route watch them squirm.

None of the 3 bidders are in a position to do anything about this and all 3 will definitely keep us in the spl no matter what the penalties. Astonishing we can be treated this way but that is the reality of our current predicament!

None of the 3 bidders are in a position to do anything about this and all 3 will definitely keep us in the spl no matter what the penalties. Astonishing we can be treated this way but that is the reality of our current predicament!

No, not 75, 25! TV and prize money is REDUCED by 75 per cent. Which is a horse of a different color Im sure you would agree?

I can't see how killing the goose that lays the golden egg is to the advantage of the other SPL clubs.

Any one of them could find themselves in administration in the near future, as a direct consequence of our situation, and given the state of football finances in general.

Are they really going to vote in a set of rules that could send one or more of them into oblivion somewhere down the line?

Baffling... anguish.gif

You are right re tv money, but really fuck them and go to div 3 then no tv money for any one of those cunts or if a new deal no way near the amount that they would try and take from us.

Yes, we need to marinade the fuckers in the essence of uncertainty; any club backing this will never get a penny from me ever.