Amendments to SPL rules

Bingo

To be honest, before spotting that story on BBC website & subsequently coming on here to pick the bones out of it, dropping down to D3 was the last thing I would have wanted to happen to our club. Now the realization has well & truly hit home that the rest of the SPL clubs really do want us fucked over big style & furthermore to continually be fucked over for the next 3 years i'm all for leaving the shower of shite in the crapper. They want us in the SPL so they can fight over the scraps that sky toss into Scottish football, but basically crippled due to ongoing punishemnts so that we'll essentially be in impotent force when it comes to competing for the league title. Fuck the lot of them, it's time to call their bluff big time - us dropping into D3 might actually be good for the whole of Scottish football, a hard-reset if you will, forcing clubs to rely on their dwindling fanbase for financial support & let's see how far that gets them. Rangers (& the scum) bring around half a million quid to every away team we visit, some 4 times per season & that's going to contribute massively to their annual income, even if we ultimately get taken over & remain in the SPL in some way, shape or form i'd wholeheartedly support a total boycott of away games (bar the scum games as let's be fair, they'd sell the whole piggery out for an OF derby, especially one against a weakened Gers side they's have a chance of beating) & sit back to watch half the teams in the SPL die on their arses. How long would it take for the gfitw to lose interest & vanish leaving the scum with a fucking enormous wage bill they can't afford?

Sad as it it, I'm actually becoming more excited by the prospect of dropping down & starting largely from scratch with a young, homegrown team & no ongoing SPL punishments purely designed to keep us down whilst exploiting our saleability for the benefit of others. Fuck the SPL - Drop the ticket prices, cap the salaries, play the youngsters & NO SURRENDER!

/rant

:crabflute:

Well said bud.smiley-gen014.gif

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Basically rangers are weak at the minute, how can we further punish them

And in timely fashion aswell, exclusivity to be granted today for proposed buyer, not now because of these fuds, they just couldn't wait until we'd sorted our house out.

It well and truly bheggars belief

so the other clubs are bribed with our tv money and promises we will be punished if we go newco...this is the deal that was clearly done behind the scenes.

We better hope paul murray doesn't win or we will be suffering for seasons to come*

* just thought i would add that to balance up gunslingers hysterical American posts :sherlock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268

My bad, so it'd be at least a 21 point penalty.

ed: No it wouldn't, BBC have misread this.

So it would be -15 and then another -21.

ed ed: They haven't misread it. I did. :craphead:

It is either 15 points or 1/3 of total points from the previous season, whichever is greater

so the other clubs are bribed with our tv money and promises we will be punished if we go newco...this is the deal that was clearly done behind the scenes.

This.

What they're doing is basically blackmail <cr>

I genuinely fear for us, but if we manage to get a CVA, Next season will be a boycott galore. They should set up the big screens at Ibrox like the did years ago, and screen the away games there.

We can all go and party and pay a fiver to watch, as well as fucking the rest of the clubs over :lol:

I find it incredulous that the SPL who released payments to Gretna to allow them to complete the season would even consider implementing such sanctions against us.

If ever there was an own goal then this is it! Not only would TV monies be lost, but there would be serious questions over sponsorships in general.

In my opinion this would see Scottish Football reduced to Irish/Welsh status. Scum fans would also get fed up shelling out money for a foregone conclusion and clubs would go to the wall faster than an out of control car on a hairpin bend!

There is surely a clear message for all 11 SPL clubs at this time. Be careful- very careful what you vote for!

Doesn't work like that.

Cheers (tu)

Theres still a chance 5 clubs will be against these proposals.

We just have to hope that if these changes are made then we are out of admin by the start of next season and that we go down the CVA rather than the newco route.

The plus side of these proposed changes is that the 3 bidders will certainly now strive for a CVA agreement as the newco route would be financially ruinous.

Football rulemakers are fucking morons. UEFA just fined Man City 25k for kicking off late against Sporting Lisbon...they fined Porto 17k for racist chanting. Staggering. Add that to the idiotic decisions of the English FA over the last 24 hours or so and the SFA making shit up as they go along up here, its mind-boggling how incompetent the people in charge of our game are. Disgusting

I think the other clubs ought to pause for thought before introducing these new sanctions ... there but for the grace of God and all that. With the parlous state of Scottish football you could end up with half the SPL being deducted ten points before the start of a season.

Could this not be them trying to force any new owner of us not to go down the road of a newco or liquidation.

So in a way it should actually be of help!! If any of the bidders were thinking of liquidation or newco it would scare them off.

Possibility?

This.

What they're doing is basically blackmail <cr>

I genuinely fear for us, but if we manage to get a CVA, Next season will be a boycott galore. They should set up the big screens at Ibrox like the did years ago, and screen the away games there.

We can all go and party and pay a fiver to watch, as well as fucking the rest of the clubs over :lol:

The tims will be boycotting as well as they are saying it's not harsh enough....

I think the other clubs ought to pause for thought before introducing these new sanctions ... there but for the grace of God and all that. With the parlous state of Scottish football you could end up with half the SPL being deducted ten points before the start of a season.

I thought exactly the same, though maybe not quite so quickly. It's going to come back and bite them, their plans are so short-sighted, it is unreal. Typically Scottish

If we are out of admin (no newco, still RFC) by the 14th of May, yet get retrospectively done by the SPL, will Motherwell also be punished?

From what I can see the punishments are designed for a Newco.

If we get out of admin through a CVA I'm not clear how this would impact us.

Cheers (tu)

Theres still a chance 5 clubs will be against these proposals.

We just have to hope that if these changes are made then we are out of admin by the start of next season and that we go down the CVA rather than the newco route.

The plus side of these proposed changes is that the 3 bidders will certainly now strive for a CVA agreement as the newco route would be financially ruinous.

I hope so but most of these clubs will see financial benefits if we have a points handicap, the timing of this is ridiculous.

Well said bud.smiley-gen014.gif

Cheers mate - I don't really post much as most things are well covered, however this has fucked me off large style - where else in the history of professional sporting competition have the governing body attempted to implent what would effectively rank as a retrospective rule change to impose punitive actions on one of their members? (no smart arses please i'm on another rant & can't be arsed checking) Not only "one of their member clubs" - the most successful club in their shitey competitions' existence, historically the most successful domestic club side on the fucking planet even! Who the fuck do they think they are?! It doens't bear thinking about, regardless if it's even possible for them to implement these changes - either way, they can (figuratively) suck my fucking balls.

the death of scottish football as a whole if you ask me.

if liquidated we should not re-apply for the SPL, if we do we will be hit with deduction of 75% tv money for 3 years - fuck that, let the others get rich off of us? 3 years no european football? - fuck that,sooner see UEFA downgrade scottish football even further due to the shite that would be put through to their competitions.

The SPL without Rangers would have no revenue and clubs going bust in one season. fuck them all.

What does he have to do with SPL rules......here is a hint....nothing at all

If you think the SPL not taking some pointers from this cumbucket your wrong.

Neil Doncaster seems to have suddenly went all pro active now when clubs have already went into admin without any great rule changes

Bingo

To be honest, before spotting that story on BBC website & subsequently coming on here to pick the bones out of it, dropping down to D3 was the last thing I would have wanted to happen to our club. Now the realization has well & truly hit home that the rest of the SPL clubs really do want us fucked over big style & furthermore to continually be fucked over for the next 3 years i'm all for leaving the shower of shite in the crapper. They want us in the SPL so they can fight over the scraps that sky toss into Scottish football, but basically crippled due to ongoing punishemnts so that we'll essentially be in impotent force when it comes to competing for the league title. Fuck the lot of them, it's time to call their bluff big time - us dropping into D3 might actually be good for the whole of Scottish football, a hard-reset if you will, forcing clubs to rely on their dwindling fanbase for financial support & let's see how far that gets them. Rangers (& the scum) bring around half a million quid to every away team we visit, some 4 times per season & that's going to contribute massively to their annual income, even if we ultimately get taken over & remain in the SPL in some way, shape or form i'd wholeheartedly support a total boycott of away games (bar the scum games as let's be fair, they'd sell the whole piggery out for an OF derby, especially one against a weakened Gers side they's have a chance of beating) & sit back to watch half the teams in the SPL die on their arses. How long would it take for the gfitw to lose interest & vanish leaving the scum with a fucking enormous wage bill they can't afford?

Sad as it it, I'm actually becoming more excited by the prospect of dropping down & starting largely from scratch with a young, homegrown team & no ongoing SPL punishments purely designed to keep us down whilst exploiting our saleability for the benefit of others. Fuck the SPL - Drop the ticket prices, cap the salaries, play the youngsters & NO SURRENDER!

/rant

Great post mate. if the SPL are going to fuck us!? then maybe a idea like this could be supported by TBK and some fans on the board.