In the face of the SPL's proposed sanctions...

Senna

325 members have voted

1. 1. Newco and sanctions or Division 3?

• Newco and at least -15pts, no Euro football and 75% less TV money
    • Division Three and working our way back?

Can I just inject a note of caution here.

I would want us to go to division 3 and then work our way through the ranks BUT I believe this is Liewells plan anyway. What i believe he is hoping is that if we are not in the SPL it makes the SPL not viable and that would be smellicks route to the English leagues. The reason Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham can play in England is they don't have a viable leagus according to UEFA so they are allowed to play in the English leagues. Without Rangers in the top leage Scotlans would be in the same position so smellik get out and go where the money is while we struggle to make ends meet.

Thoughts?.

well thats not true, the reason they play in england is because they started in the english southern league and worked their way up to the top from the very bottom.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want us to go to division 3 and then work our way through the ranks BUT I believe this is Liewells plan anyway. What i believe he is hoping is that if we are not in the SPL it makes the SPL not viable and that would be smellicks route to the English leagues. The reason Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham can play in England is they don't have a viable leagus according to UEFA so they are allowed to play in the English leagues. Without Rangers in the top leage Scotlans would be in the same position so smellik get out and go where the money is while we struggle to make ends meet.

Thoughts?.

Combined Counties League Division One ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

Thoughts?.

Mentioned it in another thread not long ago,,,, the secretary of the FA said only a week or so ago publically that its written into their lgs foundation rules that members have to be from either england or wales. He said that would not change and quote "NOT on his watch",, never mentioned anything aboot viability.

In any rate wouldnt we as a "Newco " not have a better chance with a first registration application , than a club already registered to a lg eleswhere??

We should contact the SFL tomorrow morning with a preliminary enquiry about how an application to join the league would be viewed.

About time we put the wind up the bawbags from the SPL enough is enough, if someone told you this script 12 months ago you'd have thought it too far fetched even for a fictional script for a book, play or film.

3rd division for me aswell.

Theres no route into the English Leagues for ANY Scottish teams and there wont be for a long time, so we'd be better off starting from the 3rd division as the sanctions would amount to the same anyway, so why not just fk all the SPL clubs over in the process. No Rangers No Sky deal. Fk you SPL clubs!

Before we decide on a particular route, we need to consider what would happen to our playing squad. Who would we have left from our current squad? Who would join us if we had no European football for 3 years? Will we have players willing to start the next 2 seasons with a 10 point penalty and the unlikelihood of winning the league? Will our own sponsors keep the faith with us? Will our own fans keep turning up to fill Ibrox?

We need to be careful not to let knee-jerk reactions affect our future prospects.

Fair enough I can understand why we are getting sanctions Whyte has left us in a horrendous state but you don't change the rules to suit yourself, you'd never see the English FA or EPL making up retrospect rules to penalise a club in trouble.

Its fair enough we've had the 10 point penalty, that's the current rules and we knew that but if the SPL think they can just make up rules to screw us and keep their tv deal then fuck them, Division 3 for me as well, would probably be the best thing that's happened to Scottish Football, watch the SPL try and survive while the lower league clubs improve their finances by virtue of a better TV deal and attendances due to Rangers!!!

If it was possible to start in english division 2 I would opt for that without a second thought. But if not div 3 no supporters at the away games will seriously deplete their coffers.

Television money for the SPL would be next to nothing without us.

It seems to me the SFA/SPL are hellbent on destroying us. How can you apply rule changes retrospectively that have not even been discussed or decided on. If they do this it will be obvious to all fair minded people who controls scottish football.

I simply cannot stomach the thought of tamely accepting these sanctions and allowing the remaining 11 SPL clubs to revel in the fact that they have emasculated us.

I am now confirmed in the view that we must escape the SPL as soon as possible and if that means the 3rd Division, then so be it.

I will always follow my team and will contunue to purchase my season ticket and support my team at home - no matter who we play!

Never again will I give money to any of the clubs that are relishing every minute of the difficulties we are going through. For me away games are now a thing of the past! Never again!

Fair enough I can understand why we are getting sanctions Whyte MURRAY has left us in a horrendous state but you don't change the rules to suit yourself, you'd never see the English FA or EPL making up retrospect rules to penalise a club in trouble.

Its fair enough we've had the 10 point penalty, that's the current rules and we knew that but if the SPL think they can just make up rules to screw us and keep their tv deal then fuck them, Division 3 for me as well, would probably be the best thing that's happened to Scottish Football, watch the SPL try and survive while the lower league clubs improve their finances by virtue of a better TV deal and attendances due to Rangers!!!

Fixed that for you.

That bastard MURRAY is the man to blame....never forget that.

So who gets the boot to let us into division 3. Thats the bit I dont get.

Surely there would be the same number of clubs in the 4 divisions so there would be no need to boot anyone out? Promote one extra club from every league maybe?

Without a doubt division 3. I have been thinking about this for a while now, and the more i do the more i actually really want us to go to this division. Think about all the grounds and places around Scotland we could visit and give money to help these wee teams out. I am actually sick to death of the same old shit every season , and to be honest there is absolutely no difference between playing third division teams and some of the utter shit in the SPL. I also love the thought of playing our young homegrown lads and possibly discovering the new Cooper, McCoist etc etc, something which doesn't seem likely to happen in the spl. As for our attendances at Ibrox, then personally i can actually see them rising; i know that i would rather go and see East Fife than St Mirren, as it's a new experience. Within 3 years we would be back in the Spl with strong finances and a great young team, whilst Septic will be on the brink, and half the other teams will have fallen by the wayside, crippled by the fact that they will not have received any TV money or our away support to keep them afloat ( I include Septic here also).

What is happening just now is nothing short of a travesty ,and the club MUST tell them that there is no way we will accept any changes to the rules just so that they can help Septic win the league. If we bow to them now then we are history.

I can see why there is a knee jerk reaction to the proposed penalties but we must look at the implications rationally .

In the whole the sfl clubs like us almost as much as the spl clubs, to think that they would be generous enough to allow us to walk through the divisions is pie in the sky. There would be a price to pay , if they let us in at all.

Secondly the spl we would return to would be much depleted . The rules would be changed but the rebel clubs, which would no doubt see us having to share our cash with the rest off the league , not to mention them would be years ahead of us in everyway .

I mean saying giruy to the clubs kicking us at the moment would be delicious but we would be damaging ourselves for many many years yo come , maybe irreversible if we dont protect the 11 - 1 voting structure.

Faslane

Agreed they are not idiots; greedy, self serving, Rangers hating scum yes they are, not idiots.

Boss already touched on this but I believe the plan is one of the resolutions will force newco to take the SPL share, therefore we'll be unable to join Div3?

Wouldn't put it past the skeelit buggers to force us along their path. We might find an unexpected ally in Celtic. If we choose to side with the SPL10 in the changes to the TV money and voting rights, we'll probably end up with more cash (assuming we're hamstrung to finish second), plus we have more ability to adapt to the new finance structure than Celtic does.

Perhaps we can agree a veto each?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

I'm not sure about forcing the share on us, as being a new entity would mean we have a choice to accept or decline.

There must be something else that hasnt been mentioned yet, because Rangers in any form is undoubtedly a better prospect than no rangers (in terms of the spl). Not saying the SPL should show us a better deal than we have at the moment but this is so shockingly biased that i can only think we are missing something.

I'm not sure about forcing the share on us, as being a new entity would mean we have a choice to accept or decline.

There must be something else that hasnt been mentioned yet, because Rangers in any form is undoubtedly a better prospect than no rangers (in terms of the spl). Not saying the SPL should show us a better deal than we have at the moment but this is so shockingly biased that i can only think we are missing something.

We'll see but I'm pretty sure it's the plan to hold us in the SPL while screwing us over at the same time. We get heehaw, they get Sky deal and travelling support.

Win win for them.

Div 3 for me.

They are trying their best to stick it to us while we're down and still hold on to the money we put into their pockets!

To apply a new rule at a time when it can only hurt one club, when in the past other teams were not treated the same, shows how much they hate us!

And if they somehow make it so we can't get out of the SPL then that's when we must have a well organised boycott of ALL away games!

Fairly obvious vote, and will be interesting to see the result.

I'm all for telling the SFA/SPL to stick their punishments, watching them flounder and fall away for three years with no Sky money and the SPL having one of its biggest money spinners nowhere for three years.

I think they'd crumble if we can play hardball.

i'd go to div 3 and fuck that lot in the spl,lets see them struggle without us for a couple of seasons and when we got back show them all what they have been missing.