Fan Boycotts

scottyc06

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SPL sanctions be put in place, would you Boycott away fixtures

I think it should be a no brainer - don't go and give the money to the RFFF. At 4000 fans a game over 19 games that's over 1.5 M. Will offset the loss of TV revenue a bit.

As I only go to hone games, it wouldn't cost me much but I'd continue my monthly contribution to the RFFF if this happens.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To throw a spanner in the works, what if say Dunfermline voted against it (and aren't relegated) would you still boycott them too?

Hard one, as it seems unfair to punish clubs who have not tried to put the boot in, however for maximum effect a boycott of all games would be the way to do it!

I think it should be a no brainer - don't go and give the money to the RFFF. At 4000 fans a game over 19 games that's over 1.5 M. Will offset the loss of TV revenue a bit.

As I only go to hone games, it wouldn't cost me much but I'd continue my monthly contribution to the RFFF if this happens.

thats actually a pretty good idea :clap:

Not sure of legal implications of this.. But could Rangers show live feeds back to the big screens at Ibrox for all away games? Charge people a fiver to get in? That way we would be putting the money back into the Gers rather than giving it to them!

Not sure of legal implications of this.. But could Rangers show live feeds back to the big screens at Ibrox for all away games? Charge people a fiver to get in? That way we would be putting the money back into the Gers rather than giving it to them!

If possible that would be a great idea.

On boycotting, surely this has to start now. There's no point in making our stand after the vote has happened. Better to strike first and let them know the consequences of their actions.

If possible that would be a great idea.

On boycotting, surely this has to start now. There's no point in making our stand after the vote has happened. Better to strike first and let them know the consequences of their actions.

The problem is, hearts applications are already in! The next is Celtic which there is no point in boycotting because it won't effect them financially.. They're they're fans are gonna fill the stadium and the last one is St Johnstone which will be our final game of the season and with what has went on this season I feel we should show our appreciation to this group of players as it may be the last time we see many of them together!

However, we do need to get the ball rolling! I am just about to write up an email to the 3 main supporters groups to make sure we are getting our point across! From what I can see we defo have a majority on here will to boycott games, and seen as these groups are here to get OUR views across I feel they need to take note!

We should also Boycott the Clydesdale Bank.

Lets hit them where it really hurts - the sponsors. Perhaps a petition from 100,000 bears stating they will never use or reccomend any product from the Clydesdale Bank, and close any currently active accounts/move mortgages etc... would do the trick.

Rangers fans as a whole should start the boycott now I have cancelled my application for a ticket for the tarts. I will phone ibrox 2 moz to cancel my ccs. Come on bears start the boycott now. All supporters associations should let the club know now not to take any away tickets for the next three away games and notify of our intention to do likewise for every away game next season.

Don't think we could expect all fans to stay away .wouldnt hurt beggars and I'm not sure I could stay away but I certainly think by not spending any money on programmes,food , drink hurts them so maybe we could all do something here

I would like to go to away games as well but this is about Rangers which comes first. We need to put the Club before our personal preferences.

It would appear that a boycott is the answer for any club which doesn't give a written undertaking to reject these draconian proposals. If, for example, St Johnstone say they are opposed to these measures then we can go to their ground. If the Parkhead mob and the arabs refuse to give such an undertaking then we reject their tickets. We have to be united on this though. The tv companies wouldn't be very happy if there is no atmosphere.

Not a total boycott though. Take a dozen fans with appropriate banners (no swearing on them) and then the stand has to be opened for us. The TV cameras see the boycott banners and everyone gets the message loud and clear.

It isn't what I would like but it is what we must do.

i don't want to piss in anybody's cornflakes here, but we need to do away with the "we don't do walking away" slogan if we par take in this.

The 'we dont do walking away' referred to our principles, the challenges facing us and the fact that we will 'front up' whatever comes our way...... so i see nothing wrong with a boycott in that regard

I would like to go to away games as well but this is about Rangers which comes first. We need to put the Club before our personal preferences.

It would appear that a boycott is the answer for any club which doesn't give a written undertaking to reject these draconian proposals. If, for example, St Johnstone say they are opposed to these measures then we can go to their ground. If the Parkhead mob and the arabs refuse to give such an undertaking then we reject their tickets. We have to be united on this though. The tv companies wouldn't be very happy if there is no atmosphere.

Not a total boycott though. Take a dozen fans with appropriate banners (no swearing on them) and then the stand has to be opened for us. The TV cameras see the boycott banners and everyone gets the message loud and clear.

It isn't what I would like but it is what we must do.

I agree but the onnly trouble about boycotting the piggery is that they will just fill it 60,000 full of their own fans

It's either all or nothing! Half a boycott looks pi$h ..people would think we could only sell half the tickets. The "I might go to this away game but not that one" makes it look half hearted. We need to be fecking ruthless and stop all forms of fan's monies going to the so obvious Rangers haters. Bite the bullet for once ,man-up and sacrifice that 750th Rangers game on a trot. We either show teeth and balls or 'smell their glove' . BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!

Wouldn't it be better to wait and see what the outcome of the changes are first, afterall they need 11 clubs to push the changes through and highly doubt we will vote for this so it will only take one more club to say no and then it's no change.

Hearts are in a precarious position by not paying wages on time and since this is also one of the changes very much doubt they'll be voting for change either

If it's a massive points deduction for us next season due to changes then I would be in favour of a boycott and make it clear to all spl clubs no tickets would be bought for away games

I agree but the onnly trouble about boycotting the piggery is that they will just fill it 60,000 full of their own fans

Sorry, pressed approve by mistake.

You missed my bit about only having a few guys in with suitable banners. They still need to segregate for us.