Fan Boycotts

scottyc06

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SPL sanctions be put in place, would you Boycott away fixtures

Don't think we could expect all fans to stay away .wouldnt hurt beggars and I'm not sure I could stay away but I certainly think by not spending any money on programmes,food , drink hurts them so maybe we could all do something here

That only has small effect versus not buying the tickets Needs to be a boycott to make it work.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this needs to be supported and coordinated by fans group. dont care what one tbh, as long as its done.

i would suggest we buy a small number of the tickets allocated...that would mean: -

the segregation would have to be put in place = cost to home club

policing would have to be arranged = cost to home club

stewarding have to be in place = cost to home club

lot of outgoings for next to no return. Watch and weep SPL

Agree with most of whats been posted but we have to be careful not to cut our nose off to spite our face.

Would Beggars be so strong after the 3years that they would be on there way to 2/3/4 etc without as much as a challenge.

I dont know if i could bear that.

I do agree 100% that we need to hurt certain/all clubs as much as we can

I am seriously thinking about boycotts even if it does not go through, to even think about punishments like this is enough for me to see what these clubs are.

Let's see the fuckers survive without our away support.

Exactly (tu)

this needs to be supported and coordinated by fans group. dont care what one tbh, as long as its done.

i would suggest we buy a small number of the tickets allocated...that would mean: -

the segregation would have to be put in place = cost to home club

policing would have to be arranged = cost to home club

stewarding have to be in place = cost to home club

lot of outgoings for next to no return. Watch and weep SPL

Emails have been sent to supporters groups (tu)

Posts regarding starting this now..

Tynecastle applications have already been sent in and many receiving tickets already!

Next away game is Celtic - this will have no effect as due to them winning the league, the glory hunters would fill our end no problem! Although it would make a statement, it fails to have the full impact!

Final game is St Johnstone - now this is our final game of the season, and quite possibly our final chance to thank this group of players as the chances are it won't be the same squad next year!

I do think that signalling our intentions to Boycott now would be a good idea and these points have been raised with the RST & the RSA to put some backing behind the motion!

there should be an option to boycott home games, because if as a club we agree to this we are just as guilty as the bastards who proposed the draconian measures, rather we refused the offer and see what they do, if they kick us out the league i would attend every game from division 3 thru to division 1 , if we agree to it then im finished with away games and probably home games.

Why penalise your own Club financially by boycotting home games? That would solve nothing. Rangers would not agree to the SPL proposals but may be outvoted. Are you saying we should then resign from the SPL? Do the rules not require a 2 year notice period? Where to then, apply to the SFL? What if, just a thought, they don't accept our application? We need to be very careful and do our homework on this. The trouble is we have no-one lobbying for us. No PR man to try to get other clubs on our side. We need to throw a spanner in the works by offering some SPL concession regarding TV money split to clubs.

The wee diddy teams just want a better cut. By doing something completely outrageous, like the proposed sanctions, they know we are more likely to accept the tv deal or we'll be too occupied to notice.

We must not let our guard down.

I never ever go to away Games, and haven't for about Ten Years, I hate the way they Treat Rangers Fans, and this should have been done a long long time ago.Maybe then we wouldn't be in this Fucking Shambles of a Mess.

I will always have Money for the Ger's though, and await Fans Ownership with eager anticipation.

Don't give the Twat's your Cash give it to Rangers instead.

I honestly think guys that now is the time to "Step Up". We CANNOT let them treat us like this. We need to send a clear message to the clubs, especially the smaller clubs that rely on us, that we will not accept this, starting with the rest of the away games. A message needs to be sent to them, that if you vote against us, we will not attend your ground. We have been getting screwed for years, with ticket prices being raised, just for our games. Dundee utd screwing us for more money, when a game was abandoned, even the spl split, when once again, we are handed 3 away games, when an extra home game would have put a bit more money into the club. Maybe even get a banner made up, with only a couple of guys in attendance to hold it up at the away games, telling those clubs what is in store next season if they vote against u's.

We NEED to do this guys, & we need everyones support NOT to attend these games.

WE DO, DO WALKING AWAY.........AT YOUR GROUND!!!

Pity we didnn't have Killie away. Heard they Played Septic songs after the game on saturday, had Septics own PA on the tannoy system and sold Septic branded biscuits and crisps !!! .............. ah but they don't need the OF !!!

I'm not generally in favour of boycotts, but given the haste the SPL has rushed through these rules, specifically to punish us, it must be done.

In one breath they tell us everyone must follow the rules and the next they rush to change the rules to fit their agenda when it's us.

Where is the fairness in that ?

They might as well have a clause in it restricting it to clubs that play at Ibrox.

:D I bet half of those yes votes come from boys who don't even go to games.

That's the biggest problem with this vote, you can't gauge how many people who actually go to the games are agreeing to this! Wasn't thinking when I put it up! Even if you half that vote, there is only 5 against it!