RSA Statement regarding SPL sanctions

scottyc06

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need someone to speak out and defend the club.

Ally has been a great spokesman/figurehead/firefighter but he will have to be careful what he says about this as it could lead to him being brought up before the kangaro court on some trumped up charge.

Maybe Souness or Walter?

It would have to be somone with undoubted credibility whos not actually connected to the club in an offiicial capacity.

Play nice guys - turn your anger on the SPL, not on each other.

The SPL won't give a fuck if 50,000 turn up hissing and spitting on the 30th April.

They will give a fuck if they think they'll each be £500k to £1m worse off every single season.

But hey, the boys on the pish is what matters ahead of handing out some real and effective justice.

you seem to think all fans turn up and get drunk, thats way out of line as i know loads of away fan travellers who dont drink at all.

According to him, he has followed Rangers away from home until we went into administration, yet has a perception that everyone attending away games is steamin.. Hmm :shifty:

As posted on another thread my email to the SPL, please contact them in numbers to let them know the dangers of what they are about to do!

I am contacting you to register my utter disgust and condemnation as a supporter of Rangers Football Club at your decision to discuss the potential for further penalties against our club at a meeting of SPL member clubs scheduled for 30 April 2012.

You will be fully aware that our club's Administrators were in the process of deciding preferred bidder status and indeed had hoped to announce their decision this week. By scheduling the above meeting the SPL has effectively forced the Administrators to delay this decision and almost certainly ensures that Rangers F.C. remains in administration by the end of this season thereby incurring further penalties next season.

I am astonished and dismayed by this decision as you will recall that in 2008, Gretna F.C. were supplied with payment by the SPL in order to fulfil their season's committments. Also there was no such meeting called when Motherwell F.C. entered into their period of administration.

This is clearly a Machievellian decision which is aimed at further wounding our club. It positively reeks of skullduggery and in the longer term has the potential to put other SPL member clubs in serious financial peril. If Rangers F.C.is forced to lose it's SPL status, then the SKY TV deal will almost certainly be rescinded.

This has the potential to affect other sponsor deals and valuable monies will disappear from our game at a time when they are never more required.

I would urge all SPL member clubs to re-think this decision and to postpone any proposed action until a takeover deal for Rangers F.C. has been concluded.

This would still allow the chance for discussion for a change to the exisiting rules without jeopardising the future of any SPL member club at this time.

My advice to SPL member representatives in this case would be to be very careful what you vote for.

As our esteemed Manager stated "we are down here looking up and we are seeing what we are seeing."

Any action taken against the interests of our club shall never be forgotten by the supporters and the ramifications and consequences for any perceived wrongdoers will be extremely far reaching and long lasting in terms of financial support which they currently enjoy at the hands of Rangers F.C.

you seem to think all fans turn up and get drunk, thats way out of line as i know loads of away fan travellers who dont drink at all.

Not all. There are some designated drivers...

In all seriousness however, I just don't think our support is disciplined enough to boycott away matches. This is the only thing that will work. These clubs feast off our visits. Higher ticket prices, packed out stadiums, empty pie stalls etc.

If they want to cripple us but expect us to continue to keep them in the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed then they should have another thing coming.

Sadly they won't. They'll have a double win, all the while laughing at the people filling their coffers.

I'd love to see a total away boycott. Sadly the boys love their trips and day on the beer too much. Their atavistic behavioural needs come first.

As far as I'm concerned if these proposals are accepted then any Bear who goes to a game at a club who made that possible far from supporting Rangers is totally undermining us.

We have to draw a line in the sand here and say to those out there who are looking to benefit from our weakness this far and no further!

As far as I'm concerned if these proposals are accepted then any Bear who goes to a game at a club who made that possible far from supporting our club is undermining it.

We have to draw a line in the sand here and say to those out there who are looking to benefit from our weakness this far and no further!

Totally agree. The Club itself should have some balls and say it is not accepting any away tickets from anyone who votes for these proposals.

The Rangers Supporters Assembly today expressed dismay at the SPL proposals for rule changes for “Financial Fair Play”

President Andy Kerr said “I am appalled by the timing of this announcement. When the Club entered administration we fully expected to have the existing rules applied in a fair and proper manner.  The proposed changes seek to move the goalposts at a critical time and seriously affect the plans of those seeking the buy the club.

Our fans are extremely angry and we all seriously question the motives and timing of the proposed changes.

We will be asking searching questions of the SPL and we will consider what other action may be appropriate before the SPL meet to consider the changes on 30 April”

Pretty poor statement imo. Our leaders need to lead or move over.

To be honest I'm not too fussed about the new proposals themselves. I would, like most, prefer to exit admin via a cva. If however liquidation it's forced upon us then I'd rather start in d3. Therefore the new proposals, as I understand it are insignificant.

The timing however is deplorable, admin about to announce preferred bidder, cva negotiations looming and overall a critical time on this whole saga.

It is also plain wrong to change administration rules while a member club is in administration, farcical.

Not all. There are some designated drivers...

In all seriousness however, I just don't think our support is disciplined enough to boycott away matches. This is the only thing that will work. These clubs feast off our visits. Higher ticket prices, packed out stadiums, empty pie stalls etc.

If they want to cripple us but expect us to continue to keep them in the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed then they should have another thing coming.

Sadly they won't. They'll have a double win, all the while laughing at the people filling their coffers.

You do what you see fit, and allow others to do likewise. You'll have your air of superiority to keep you company.

Yes, we need leadership and organisation to fight back. But we can all do something now. i've just sent away my complaint e-mail to SPL, but more importantly i've warned SKY by e-mail that I will be cancelling if they continue with support to the SPL. The friend of my enemy (SPL) will be my new enemy (SKY).