Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta

Broxi

Messi can't really do what ronaldo does in the game and vice versa, messI is a trickster, get tight and do a merry dance around all, ronaldo is more about power and finesse AMD knows how to plant a ball, does messI do Freekicks and long wonder goals. AMD can ronaldo dance about the opposition's box like a little ballerina

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi can't really do what ronaldo does in the game and vice versa, messI is a trickster, get tight and do a merry dance around all, ronaldo is more about power and finesse AMD knows how to plant a ball, does messI do Freekicks and long wonder goals. AMD can ronaldo dance about the opposition's box like a little ballerina

Ronaldo is incredibly skillful and weekly he dances round players using his quick feet and speed.

Messi has an incredible low sense of gravity and has a turn of pace I have never seen before, he scores goals, sets up goals and performs on the big stage for his club. Ronaldo also does all these things.

Both don’t really shine for their country as much as you would expect especially Messi (I would consider Argentina to have a better squad of players) but I don’t really see it taking away from their status in football. Playing in the CL at the level they do each year is just as important in my eyes as performing well in a World Cup where players in general are burnt out from the season just gone by.

Who is better? It’s a matter of opinion and what you prefer as a spectator of football.

Mourinho though is the best manager in Spain at the minute; he has won the CL with 2 different clubs and won leagues in 3 different counties (soon to be 4 I reckon).

Ronaldo is incredibly skillful and weekly he dances round players using his quick feet and speed.

Messi has an incredible low sense of gravity and has a turn of pace I have never seen before, he scores goals, sets up goals and performs on the big stage for his club. Ronaldo also does all these things.

Both don’t really shine for their country as much as you would expect especially Messi (I would consider Argentina to have a better squad of players) but I don’t really see it taking away from their status in football. Playing in the CL at the level they do each year is just as important in my eyes as performing well in a World Cup where players in general are burnt out from the season just gone by.

Who is better? It’s a matter of opinion and what you prefer as a spectator of football.

Mourinho though is the best manager in Spain at the minute; he has won the CL with 2 different clubs and won leagues in 3 different counties (soon to be 4 I reckon).

thats what it always comes down to. the fact is messi and ronaldo are equally as effective on a football pitch as the go goal-for-goal with each other for 3 seasons now.

it's only natural most folk will cream there pants when they see messi skip by 3 or 4 players then dink it over the goalie. imo, its been done before (maradonna, braz ronaldo, best.... aluko :D), and it will be done again, its more his consistancy in doing it thats special.

Ronaldo on the other hand, his best goals on the eye are the ones he thumps from 40 yards. theres been plenty in the past capable from scoring from long range, but i dont think anyone has done it as consistantly as Ronaldo. His technique in striking the ball is unique aswell, when he hits it right, its insane how the ball reaches it's peak hieght so quickly, then dips, almost seems to fall out of the air, and has the added unpredicatbility in that the ball can swerve late, to either the left or the right. hen he played at Man United he was scoring freekicks like this every month - i remember it sparked a bit of a media frenzy with with scientists studying his technique, and wild theories such as he was strikign the balls air-valve. I also remember Frank Lampard trying to copy it :lol:

so imo, its just a matter of opinion on what you think requires more skill, and whats more entertaining. When messi walks the ball into the net i often cringe at the defending, Leverkusen for example in the CL, they defended like a pub team.

but how can you stop this?

Yes ronaldo is capable but I don't see it like messI is near constant, can't think iv seen messI do a wonder strike from way out or peachy free kicks, no doubting they have ability but they both play different on the park

To whoever said Ronaldo is better at free kicks, thats a load of shite, how many free kicks has ronaldo scored this year?

Ronaldo has technique like no other at the moment when it comes to Free Kicks, his last couple of goals in recent weeks from FK’s have been sublime.

I recall players like Beckham and Juninho being praised and known for their free kicks but they did not score from the majority of them…just that when they did it was fantastic to watch the technique and accuracy involved.

To whoever said Ronaldo is better at free kicks, thats a load of shite, how many free kicks has ronaldo scored this year?

:lol: he's regular smashed in freekicks like no other player in history. this season has been his worst ratio wise for goals-to-freekick, and his fustration was pretty visible with the amount he sent well wide of the target. In his last 2-3 weeks however not only his freekicks, but his striking of the ball from distance is looking back to his best, it would seem hes been working hard to get back to what hes capable of in training.

you think any other player in the world is capable of regularly scoring sublime dipping, swerving freekicks from 40 yards like Ronaldo does?

:lol:he's regular smashed in freekicks like no other player in history. this season has been his worst ratio wise for goals-to-freekick, and his fustration was pretty visible with the amount he sent well wide of the target. In his last 2-3 weeks however not only his freekicks, but his striking of the ball from distance is looking back to his best, it would seem hes been working hard to get back to what hes capable of in training.

you think any other player in the world is capable of regularly scoring sublime dipping, swerving freekicks from 40 yards like Ronaldo does?

Juninho (tu)

It's a shame for Ronaldo that he's in the same era as Messi.

Not really. Who would want to be the best of a bad bunch?

"Maybe I could win more championships and prize money if Federer was not in the same age with me, but you have to know that there is something money can not buy — that's playing against Federer." - Ivan Ljubicic

Juninho (tu)

if Juninho has scored freekicks in the same way that Ronaldo has, then samir nasri has scored messi type goals by weaving in and out a few players.

Juninho isn't on Ronaldos level from dead balls.

stick to the tom jones CD's (tu)

That's exactly it, some people find that hard to accept.

if Juninho has scored freekicks in the same way that Ronaldo has, then samir nasri has scored messi type goals by weaving in and out a few players.

:lol:

oh my god

Juninho is a better free kick taker than Ronaldo, easily.

Juninho was a threat from pretty much anywhere within shooting range, thats including out at the corner flags on either side. The movement he got on the ball was ridiculous, and scored free kicks regularly.

Wow... you're not from this planet.

Juninho is a better free kick taker than Ronaldo, easily.

Juninho was a threat from pretty much anywhere within shooting range, thats including out at the corner flags on either side. The movement he got on the ball was ridiculous, and scored free kicks regularly.

he scored on average 4 per season in over 8 years for lyon.

ronaldo will obliterate that.

:lol: :lol:

Juninho Pernambucano is the best there has been.

he scored on average 4 per season in over 8 years for lyon.

ronaldo will obliterate that.

Juninho was special from a set piece but he was a late bloomer to this, Ronaldo has been banging in free kicks since he was in his early 20’s for United and now Madrid.

Both players technique at taking them are equally devastating when they come off and as Ricky pointed out they have similar stats on average (This season anyway for Ronaldo). Who is better? Again it’s a matter of opinion and you could throw guys like Beckham into the mix too who had a similar ratio with them.

Mind you Albertz shits all over them all.

:beer1: