SPL, 3rd division or England... Why not Ulster?

176 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to move to:

• English League
    • Irish Football League
    • Scottish 3rd division

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk after the SPL bullshit today - no surprise most bears would prefer to start in the 3rd division rather than be subject to humiliation on the SPL terms. Previous talk was of England, but there might be a better option...

With the match against Linfield scheduled and guaranteed to be popular, why not stop subsidising Scottish fitba and move where the team will be appreciated more by everyone in the league.

Should be a great chance of champions league qualifiers too: any down sides?

Yes, the downside is that Irish football is utter rubbish. It gets little or no coverage and is treated almost with derision. There is no income worthy of note and no TV revenue. The grounds are sub-standard and the football is amateur. Get real!

If we have to start from the bottom,and we were allowed in to the English league, it would have to be there. We would grow massively due to the money available and become a top European force again.

It’s not going to happen.

England do not want us and have said numerous times, we are not wanted there. If we were to be able to start at the bottom there then what would stop other Scottish clubs from doing the same?

People really need to let this notion of moving out of Scotland out their heads because realistically unless a Euro league is set up it’s just not going to happen.

If we cant go to England, i would rather go 3rd division.

SPL clubs are changing the rules to suit themselves (mostly c*ltic as SPL board are all lawwell puppets).

They want Rangers in the SPL saving TV & sponsership deals while booting us in the baws and keeping us down for as long as possible.

We have to take our punishment with dignity but we cant be under the thumb of these Rangers haters.

So fuck the SPL, lets see how they manage without us for a few years.

We go 3rd division, pump some money into the lower clubs with some cracking away trips.

Build a good young squad that grows through each division ready to take on the scum & Europe when we get back.

At least it would be on our own terms, give us a chance to stabilize and we play meaningful games with a shot of a trophy.

Fuck c*ltic

fuck lawwell

fuck regan

fuck thompson & utd

fuck the spl

Hello Hello Rangers Bouncy tour of Scotland - sounds like fun

The OP is as bad as the tarriers with their "Irish Connection" we have no significant link to Northern Ireland yes we have allot of loyal supporters from there but if you think playing there is a good idea you are a retard. You really think they don't have tarriers over there do you moron

I wasn't going to reply, but having had a deek at the votes I couldn't help it. It amazes me how many folks think that moving to England is or ever was a realistic option. People cite the likes of Swansea as an example, but they started off in the geographically distinct Southern League. It's not the same thing. It will never happen. Aye - Division Three was my answer to this bizarre poll. I only clicked that because there was no "what the actual fuck?" option.

England if anything,but id rather see an atlantic type league set up with 2 or 3 divisions.Top teams from Scotland/ulster/ROI/Norway/Sweden/Iceland/Denmark/Holland/Belgium,Portugal,etc. Folk worry about getting kicked out of europe but most teams from these countries very rarely make it into the later stages of champions league/europa cup competitions anyway.Europe geared towards benefiting the Big leagues.

More populations (say 40million,guess) watching the league would bring tv,advertisement money with it which would probably outweigh any missed money from the champions league.

The smaller leagues in europe will need to come together to survive and compete against the Larger English/German/French/Spanish/Italian leagues.

The best thing, imo, what could happen would be a British League, with the English FA Cup, Scottish Cup, Irish Cup and the Welsh Cup being kept and the League Cups being replaced by an All British Cup.

Then the IFA and WFA could give their CL places to their cup winners, the League would have 4 and the British Cup with an aditional spot? The Scottish and English Cups could have a Europa League place.

we are a scottish club, so we stay in scotland and fight the fuckers

if we have to go the 3rd division so be it,let them worry about where there money will cum from as we give clubs like berwick and the like some much needed money from our traveling fans

just my thought stay in scotland and fight the fookers

we are a scottish club, so we stay in scotland and fight the fuckers

if we have to go the 3rd division so be it,let them worry about where there money will cum from as we give clubs like berwick and the like some much needed money from our traveling fans

just my thought stay in scotland and fight the fookers

I said this to a guy at work, Rangers playing for 3 years in lower divisions, assume promoted each year (god forbid we weren.t), and suddenly we give each club outside the SPL something like £200k (two travelling gates) assuming bears still follow team as today. That for clubs like East Stirling, Berwick, East Fife etc. would be a major cash injection which could help them for 2 or 3 years if used wisely.

All this talk after the SPL bullshit today - no surprise most bears would prefer to start in the 3rd division rather than be subject to humiliation on the SPL terms. Previous talk was of England, but there might be a better option...

With the match against Linfield scheduled and guaranteed to be popular, why not stop subsidising Scottish fitba and move where the team will be appreciated more by everyone in the league.

Should be a great chance of champions league qualifiers too: any down sides?

We wouldn't be allowed to play in Europe if we played in another countries league system when there is one in Scotland. So it's never going to happen.

Scottish Div 3 for me, but only because the other 2 options would not be allowed by UEFA.

I'm not sure what the rules are here. If the club was liquidated and we were discussing a "newco" why couldn't they apply to join the English league system?

I honestly hope this happens. The SPL is completely dead as a league and a merger with the English league system is the only thing that can possibly claw it back from the brink. It's not the impossible task it's portrayed as either, because the previous attempts to move to England centred around us in the Premier League, not us joining a lower tier that might be more open to the idea.

I wonder if there's the potential here to hedge our bets Start clubs in both the Scottish and English league systems that play on alternate weeks - it would be an effective way of encouraging an away game boycott.

I daresay UEFA would demand the two teams would have to be kept as completely separate clubs and eventually we'd have to choose one or the other...

England won't happen unfortunately. We probably wouldn't be allowed to get into Northern Ireland anyway, even though I'd never want to. They won't put us down to division 3, mark my words. We will stay in the SPL, with major penalties. But my point is, it's still not even that good. The SPL is shite and always will be. I don't see us going back to the 60s, 70s, and 80s. When SPL teams actually competed in Europe, and played some fantastic football.