Political Petition

Hi all,

Recieved an interesting email earlier on from a friend I have been discussing the Rangers situation with.

It is as follows :-

Dear *******

I noticed yesterday that the Scottish football authorities are bringing out new regulations which may drastically affect the Rangers situation by imposing points and financial penalties over the next two or three seasons. I have not read the detailed report on this but if I was a Rangers fan (which I am not, I am a Leeds United fan), I would start using some political influence on this.

Firstly I would set up a petition on the internet for all Rangers fans to sign up to, on the basis that these regulations, if they do come in, would be brought in after Rangers went into administration and therefore this smacks of retrospective legislation. This is something which all governments and authorities try to avoid.

Having got a petition up, and you only have a short period of time, I would then send it to the political parties, Scottish MPs and Glasgow Councils. Bearing in mind the local elections come up on 3 May you may be able to exert some political influence by withholding votes, in the event that they do not support the fact that Rangers should not to be subject to these regulations because of their retrospective nature.

I would be interested to see if this takes off, but as I say, this is what I would do if I was a fan, which I am not.

Regards

********************************************************************************

I think this is a very good idea! Unfortunately I really do not have the time to start something like this, given current work commitments, but if someone else could take up the challenge it could turn out to be very worthwhile! If anyone is a member of Follow Follow, it would be good if you could post on there also.

Oh, and im not going to name the person who sent me the email, but let it be said, its someone we should be listening to!

i dont think the government can intervene.

how a sporting body choses to operate is up to them.

i think that Rangers could have a very good case to go to the courts for sporting arbitration though if we got screwed by the proposals. it simply isnt fair to make the laws up on such short notice when a club is dealing with the issues at hand.

the SPL are branding this as "financial fair play" - FIFA are bringing in their own "financial fair play" regulations aswell, but it is being gradually done over a period of about 3 years, to give all the clubs time to adapt.

this is how it should be done.

you dont simply slap on new rules ASAP so it screws over the Rangers - nobody beleives this is fair.

To be honest, we could survive this situation, but how the hell would any other club???

Can you imagine Mad Vlad pulled the plug on Hearts? Who in their right mind would try to rescue them with these penalties?

You think the current owners of the clubs will give a damn about this though?

i dont think the government can intervene.

how a sporting body choses to operate is up to them.

i think that Rangers could have a very good case to go to the courts for sporting arbitration though if we got screwed by the proposals. it simply isnt fair to make the laws up on such short notice when a club is dealing with the issues at hand.

the SPL are branding this as "financial fair play" - FIFA are bringing in their own "financial fair play" regulations aswell, but it is being gradually done over a period of about 3 years, to give all the clubs time to adapt.

this is how it should be done.

you dont simply slap on new rules ASAP so it screws over the Rangers - nobody beleives this is fair.

in fairness, when we had that backlog of games during the UEFA run, new legislation was brought through to ensure teams wouldnt have to face this problem again. oh wait. that didnt help us at the time at all.

To be honest, we could survive this situation, but how the hell would any other club???

Can you imagine Mad Vlad pulled the plug on Hearts? Who in their right mind would try to rescue them with these penalties?

You think the current owners of the clubs will give a damn about this though?

They will change them again to suit that Club.