show away games at ibrox

In the not-too-distant future TV deals will be a things of the past anyway. People will pay to watch events online rather than subscribe to a TV channel. Clubs will be able to seel their own online tickets, and being in the SPL will no longer be a millstone round our club. In fact, having a huge international support, and being a club we can qualify for Europe from every year without fail will give us an advantage over many other clubs.

This has been looked at several times by the club, most recently earlier this year.

The deal is that you have to give both the SPL and the home club a sizeable chunk of any receipts, and therefore the amount of a crowd you would need to make it worthwhile is thought to be excessive.

Lets not forget that while the idea is great in principle, how many are really going to travel to Ibrox to watch us play at Perth or Motherwell when almost every away SPL match is on in your own living room or local pub.

The research done by the club, and the figures from when this was done before, show that this is a complete non-starter unfortunately.

Or we could just let the under 20's play at Ibrox next season and all go and support them when the first team are playing away.

Not ideal for the first team but they will understand, and by charging a couple of quid for the U20's then it lets the less fortunate attend Ibrox with their kids etc, I'd also look at ways of reducing the pies, crisps, juice etc for these games.

It will keep the pennies coming in the door (tu)

Or we could just let the under 20's play at Ibrox next season and all go and support them when the first team are playing away.

Not ideal for the first team but they will understand, and by charging a couple of quid for the U20's then it lets the less fortunate attend Ibrox with their kids etc, I'd also look at ways of reducing the pies, crisps, juice etc for these games.

Great idea 00000042.gif

In fact it probably deserves a thread of this own. 00000042.gif

It's a good idea in principle to allow the under 20's to play on our away days but I doubt the revenue generated would cover the operating costs of Ibrox on a matchday, with a sizeable crowd there I am presuming you would have to fork out for police cover, security, catering staff etc etc hard to comment without knowing the figures involved but I would imagine it's not cheap to have Ibrox operating on a matchday.

It's a good idea in principle to allow the under 20's to play on our away days but I doubt the revenue generated would cover the operating costs of Ibrox on a matchday, with a sizeable crowd there I am presuming you would have to fork out for police cover, security, catering staff etc etc hard to comment without knowing the figures involved but I would imagine it's not cheap to have Ibrox operating on a matchday.

It's a fair point however I'm sure the costs could be kept to a minimum, i.e. just open the Govan stand for example. A few games into the season you would be able to budget for an average attendance whether that be 3,000 or 30,000 (or even 50,000 knowing how loyal we have been over the past few months :praise: ).

Ok,all rangers supporter clubs,buses etc organise to watch away games with entertainment and charge at the door and proceeds go to the club,we cant do it at one big venue but we can do it at orange halls etc. If we boycott a market will open up and we need to take advantage. Win,win

Wasnt this why they were built but it didnt take off?

Yeah ithought that to mate.

Do we not currently sell tickets for bar 72 for televised away games?

In event of a boycot the figures going/or would go to that would go up.

The other function suites restraunt and waddle suite could all also show games and sell food and drink.

There would be no need to pay componsate the spl or other club if this was the case. The lisence rangers pay sky / espn would go up based on how many head attend.

It's a fair point however I'm sure the costs could be kept to a minimum, i.e. just open the Govan stand for example. A few games into the season you would be able to budget for an average attendance whether that be 3,000 or 30,000 (or even 50,000 knowing how loyal we have been over the past few months :praise: ).

Surely the club would not give provision for away fans at U20?

Therefore would policing and heavy stewarding really be required? I am sure that the lower league clubs don't do this for their crowds.

Thought the point was to have it during away games though?

I thought the point was more to funnel the fans money for away games, that would have went to the tight arse ten, back into Rangers. Improving our club on one hand and showing them that it really is our fans that keep their clubs afloat.

We can still watch the away games in the pub hh.gif