If we leave the SPL

chris81

Then they are truely fucked. I thought I'd give the Sheep v Hiv's a go before seeing how long it would take to switch over to EPL. No TV company is going to pay to watch this. I'd rather go and watch pub teams down the park. Awful. They cant even fill a 50k stadium between the two of them. Spl is a poor product.

Even if we do stay in spl it is killing us. Just wondering everyones thoughts. What do we do to improve scottish football? Without an improvement I fear our European nights may be a thing of the past.

It's probably been discussed here before but watching this pish is depressing. Over to man city game it is.

SPL voted against a deal with Sky to go with Setanta. Nothing would surprise me from these guys and yes the product is crap. I dont buy into this lets move to SFL Div 3 it surely would be financial suicide for us too.

Agree with that mate. Depressing stuff :sleep1:

I dont buy into this lets move to SFL Div 3 it surely would be financial suicide for us too.

This. If the "plan" backfired then we could be trapped in the SFL for years.

If worst scenario arose I'd be all for the England conference, at least trying to get entry.

This. If the "plan" backfired then we could be trapped in the SFL for years.

If worst scenario arose I'd be all for the England conference, at least trying to get entry.

Watched the first 5 mins kick and rush football brutal.

It is dragging us down to its level .

Northern conferance would be better .

And if we got the opportunity it should be looked at.

Scottish Football is Fucked ,and the fact the SPL ten want to change the voting shows how desperate they have .It is sad to watch the demise of our League but it needs to disband and start again as new.

The sad fact is Scotland doesn't produce talented footballers anymore. The talent is drained out of the youth as soon as they hit semi-pro by the ugly scottish football philosophy embedded in their minds by disgusting teaching from the shite youth coaches. Anycunt that holds Scotland cap from the days of Dalgliesh, Baxter etc is regarded is a legend as a coach.

Who the fuck are Paul Hegarty, George Burley and Craig Levein ? Household names in Scotland but they have won next to nothing as players ..

A scottish cup semi final between 2 of the top six teams in the country & they have a pathetic crowd...Apart from the mhanks all the clubs in scotland could merge & our loyal fans would still out number them in any game.......

Then they are truely fucked. I thought I'd give the Sheep v Hiv's a go before seeing how long it would take to switch over to EPL. No TV company is going to pay to watch this. I'd rather go and watch pub teams down the park. Awful. They cant even fill a 50k stadium between the two of them. Spl is a poor product.

Even if we do stay in spl it is killing us. Just wondering everyones thoughts. What do we do to improve scottish football? Without an improvement I fear our European nights may be a thing of the past.

It's probably been discussed here before but watching this pish is depressing. Over to man city game it is.

The sad fact is Scotland doesn't produce talented footballers anymore. The talent is drained out of the youth as soon as they hit semi-pro by the ugly scottish football philosophy embedded in their minds by disgusting teaching from the shite youth coaches. Anycunt that holds Scotland cap from the days of Dalgliesh, Baxter etc is regarded is a legend as a coach.

Who the fuck are Paul Hegarty, George Burley and Craig Levein ? Household names in Scotland but they have won next to nothing as players ..

Unfortunatelly the pool is also dwindling due to a combination of our shitty weather and other interests such as the internet, computer games, cheap travel ect. Add into that our culture of getting mad with it every weekend and the future does look bleak.

For starters - Stop playing each other 4 times a season - tedious boring crap! familiarity breeds contempt - never a truer phrase. Get back to an 18 or 20 team league, play each other twice and thats it!

For starters - Stop playing each other 4 times a season - tedious boring crap! familiarity breeds contempt - never a truer phrase. Get back to an 18 or 20 team league, play each other twice and thats it!

No TV deal without 4 Old Firms per season.

I think thats why Sky pay the money, 4 old firms, put it down to two and they will reduce the cash.

So, if Rangers were to go under, no TV deal whatsoever.

Should concentrate the minds of the SPL chairmen henchmen.

No tv deals and no Rangers fans at their grounds is a double whammy and a lot of cash for smaller clubs fighting to balance their books every year.

Although the other SPL clubs want to punish us for being the best in Scotland, they would be insane to vote for the proposed punishments.

I would love to see that. If you meet a team in both cups then 6 times a season just now. Mental