Bill Ng lays out plan for Rangers.

I wont pretend that I'm clever enough to understand all the in's and out's of the takeover process so I'd like to ask any of our knowledgeable Bears a couple of questions:

I know we are a massive Club but we play in a league where theres not a lot of money generated so why would a foreigner want to take on a debt that could 'could' be massive. I can understand the Blue Knights take on it as theyre Rangers men but the other two, I just dont get.

Dave King: Will be be involved with the Blue Knights?

Brian Kennedy: Is he totally out of it now?

If it is massive and they get a CVA then they will agree a deal whereby they pay creditors x amount of pence to the pound for everything owed. Also, they will see it as a commercial opportunity to expand the brand in otherwise untapped parts of the globe. We have three American players including the American captain, we would appeal to Americans because of this and the general appeal of the club. The Asian football market is also massive and so that could be exploited as well. These factors improving the commercial side of the business, reputation of Rangers and may also enhance their own portfolios...

Just a thought. :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is massive and they get a CVA then they will agree a deal whereby they pay creditors x amount of pence to the pound for everything owed. Also, they will see it as a commercial opportunity to expand the brand in otherwise untapped parts of the globe. We have three American players including the American captain, we would appeal to Americans because of this and the general appeal of the club. The Asian football market is also massive and so that could be exploited as well. These factors improving the commercial side of the business, reputation of Rangers and may also enhance their own portfolios...

Just a thought. :P

Thanks mate. (tu)

Hes certainly making all the right noises at the moment, and the thought of a board of Scots, who understand what Rangers means (and just as importantly, how many hate us) helps overcome that particular hurdle. However, after the Whyte fiasco, we need to be careful that we don't place any of the bidders on a pedestal before we know what they are all about (and that includes TBK)

Full interview in order, now we can digest and see what we think of his plans for the club.

Thanks for posting this d_b (tu)

From what I've read of the Singapore bid, I like it. We all know that doesn't necessarily translate to actions though, unfortunately. Not really fussed who wins, it shouldn't be a popularity contest as far as I'm concerned. Whether it's Ng, TBK or Miller, as long as they do the right thing for Rangers they'll do me.

From what I've read of the Singapore bid, I like it. We all know that doesn't necessarily translate to actions though, unfortunately. Not really fussed who wins, it shouldn't be a popularity contest as far as I'm concerned. Whether it's Ng, TBK or Miller, as long as they do the right thing for Rangers they'll do me.

Exactly i just wish they would push on as it seems to be someone and maybe not the bidders are dragging their feet.

the thing about Murray is he has the supporters trusts on-side so he's going to say exactly what they want to hear but Bill Ng comes from a culture where honesty, honour and integrity is of utmost importance. The american is also saying the right things to get the fans support but he has a dubious business background where failure is concerned - for me Ng is the man ticking all the right boxes and has the long term future of the club mapped out. Hopefully he get's preferred bidder status and moves the club forward to the place where they belong. I also think he would have the guts to stick 2 fingers up to the SPL, the SFA and Liewell in particular if they try and dictate how the club should be treated in regard to the future sanctions.

the thing about Murray is he has the supporters trusts on-side so he's going to say exactly what they want to hear but Bill Ng comes from a culture where honesty, honour and integrity is of utmost importance. The american is also saying the right things to get the fans support but he has a dubious business background where failure is concerned - for me Ng is the man ticking all the right boxes and has the long term future of the club mapped out. Hopefully he get's preferred bidder status and moves the club forward to the place where they belong. I also think he would have the guts to stick 2 fingers up to the SPL, the SFA and Liewell in particular if they try and dictate how the club should be treated in regard to the future sanctions.

Where does shinawatra come from, ie brummy fc

I hope you're right.

P.S. Kudos on the avatar. Best one on the board.

I can't see this guy, or any of the other bidders doing anything similar to Craig Shyte. They will have seen what he got for it and why would they save us for that to happen to them?

If it was up to me, based on what i've been reading then i'd go for Mr Bill's consortium.

Aye, but which one?

No problem :cheers:

Spot on, with what you say. This ain't a popularity contest.

I still believe the preferred bid is Miller, why else are Duff and Duffer dragging it out when Murray and Ng have spoken out about how long this is taking :crabflute:if ng and murray really want the best for us, they should combine offers ? and push the boat out and get kennedy involved in a consortium ! never again let one man control our team :rolleyes:<cr>

gersnet saying it will cost 500k to secure two weeks of exclusivity with d & p but you can be out bid at the end of that.

I don't know what to make of that but it makes me wonder if anyone will pay it given d & p can't deliver on any of their promises. ie whytes shares, ticketus & cva. indeed they cant meet there own deadlines.

gersnet saying it will cost 500k to secure two weeks of exclusivity with d & p but you can be out bid at the end of that.

I don't know what to make of that but it makes me wonder if anyone will pay it given d & p can't deliver on any of their promises. ie whytes shares, ticketus & cva. indeed they cant meet there own deadlines.

Surely to fuck they cannot be allowed to charge for exclusivity, it's not a money making scheme for them, they are appointed by the courts to get the best deal for the creditors, not to charge potential buyers that have the best bids, that just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Brian Kennedy will re-bid if the TBK are not preferred bidders.

Surely to fuck they cannot be allowed to charge for exclusivity, it's not a money making scheme for them, they are appointed by the courts to get the best deal for the creditors, not to charge potential buyers that have the best bids, that just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Brian Kennedy will re-bid if the TBK are not preferred bidders.

gersnet is rarely wrong.