Underrated players

Mols94

Willie Rae (understudy to Sammmy Cox) Johnnie Little (full back filling in for Caldow or Shearer) Willie Telfer, Bill Patterson and Colin Jackson, all centre-halves, Billy Stevenson left half eclipsed by Baxter - all of these would be dead certs for selection today.

This. He has had some patches of bad form. But for the last year or so he has been consistently one of our top players, and yet many still fail to see the good work he does, or how he benefits the rest of the team

Have I entered the "most overrated" thread by mistake? :P

In your opinion who do you think were some of the most underrated players for rangers...for me it's Shota Arveladze

I would agree with Shota, but also think Gabriel Amato is another one. Tremendous talent, I remember the goal against Motherwell where he ran from his own half turning the defenders inside out before putting the ball past Goram. (also got a Hatrick that game).

This. He has had some patches of bad form. But for the last year or so he has been consistently one of our top players, and yet many still fail to see the good work he does, or how he benefits the rest of the team

Probably because these "patches" last 9 months at a time.

Probably because these "patches" last 9 months at a time.

It's funny how no one noticed Davis' well-below-par performances during most of this season and last, due to the fact Edu was carrying him through most games.

Edu constantly caters for Davis in midfield.

Edu is decent until he recieves the ball in a forward area then you can almost sense the panic in the man as he looks one way then another then turns backwards then trips over his own canoe shoes and ultimately gives the ball away before jogging rather lazily back after the person he just gifted posession to. In his own half however he is much more ferocious chasing lost causes all over the place closing down, intercepting passes etc it's like 2 different players in the one pitch so frustrating.

Mine would have to Alex MacDonald.

Thought he got slated,unfairly, after joining Hearts and then managed them,as he was a 100% winner at any team he was at.

To me he was my favorite player at the time of Greig,DJ,Jardine,etc. :21: