POLL - Steven Naismith versus Andy Carroll

Which of the two players would you choose ?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Steven Naismith

• Andy Carroll
    • Steven Naismith

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably would have said Carroll back when he was going through a good patch in the 2010 - 2011 season and got 11 goals in 18 games.

But Naismith shades it for me on the basis he scored a ton of goals at the start of the season and since the start of 2010 - 2011 season he's been brilliant. Hopefully this injury doesn't damage him too much in the future (tu)

Not just saying this as a Rangers fan but if there was a British team in the World cup instead of a English/Scottish/Northern Irish/Wales team then theres no doubt on my mind that Naismith would be valued ALOT more and probs priced around the same as Carrol and he would be ahead of him in the squad.

I think Andy Carrol is absolute shite tbh, Newcastle stole that money.

Next poll:-

Who would you prefer - Wayne Rooney or David Healy?

You failed to respond to the question in the topic/poll and have now ignored the perfectly reasonable question I put to you in response to your first post.

Do me a massive favour. Don't bother posting or responding to any of my threads or posts in future. (tu)

Not just saying this as a Rangers fan but if there was a British team in the World cup instead of a English/Scottish/Northern Irish/Wales team then theres no doubt on my mind that Naismith would be valued ALOT more and probs priced around the same as Carrol and he would be ahead of him in the squad.

I think Andy Carrol is absolute shite tbh, Newcastle stole that money.

Good post mate.

I agree with most of that (tu) but I don't actually think Carroll is shite - he just isn't nearly as good a player as Steven Naismith.

I believe Steven Naismith could play for any club in England and do more for that team and score more goals than Carroll has done for Liverpool - given the exact same amount of game time.

I don't even see how the two players are comparable.

Naismith is an all round cracking player who can contribute a huge amount to a team, while Carroll is a bit shite despite being pretty good at sticking his napper on the ball.

The two players are totally different, but I can understand the idea of trying to highlight Naismith's true value (which to me is huge).

If we weren't in our current situation I think the guy's transfer market value should be massive. I won't put a figure on it, but it should be a LOT of money.

We shouldn't sell Naismith anyway.

Daft poll, but I do actually think that Carroll did have great potential when he was at Newcastle and if properly handled could have become a very dangerous player. The combination of the ludicrous fee, a poor out of date manager and the fact he probably drinks too much have ruined him.

If this thread is a way of saying "oh look our Naisy must be worth over £35 mil" then its pish. If its trying to state the obvious by saying "Carroll is pish and is lucky to be worth £2 mil" then its spot, although we didnt need a thread to tell us this. You could put Carroll against a striker from every team in the EPL just about and he would lose at the moment. In fact he would lose against a few in the SPL.

Naismith is quite simply a far better football player. In my opinion you could drop Naisy into any of the top 4-5 in the EPL and he would be consistently one of the most productive and valuable players in the league.

All things being equal in the footballing world his value would be far greater than Carroll.

Dont understand why these 2 players would be in the same pole. 2 totally different players.

A better pole would be Carroll or Jelavic.

Good point mate. Agreed. That said. I'd take Big Nikica over Carroll as well. Andy just hasn't done what he should have. And.... His 'professionalism' is often called into question.