POLL - Steven Naismith versus Andy Carroll

Which of the two players would you choose ?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Steven Naismith

• Andy Carroll
    • Steven Naismith

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Steven Naismith would be able to perform week in and week out in the Premiership on the basis that he can do it in a piss poor league that is the SPL ? That makes no sense.

I'm sure many thought that Carroll would be able to perform week in and week out in the Prem when he was ripping up the Championship, but look how that turned out...

If this thread is a way of saying "oh look our Naisy must be worth over £35 mil" then its pish. If its trying to state the obvious by saying "Carroll is pish and is lucky to be worth £2 mil" then its spot, although we didnt need a thread to tell us this. You could put Carroll against a striker from every team in the EPL just about and he would lose at the moment. In fact he would lose against a few in the SPL.

How many SPL strikers are being pursued by EPL clubs at the moment?

Steven Naismith is exceptional. We as a club and as a support should recognise this fact and while I hope Steven stays at Ibrox for many years to come we must ensure we get the best deal possible for our club should he move south.

Personally , I am sick to the back teeth of English sides stealing our best players for comparatively speaking , pennies.

No wonder Scottish football in general and our own club in particular are in the mess we are in financially when we won't stand up and say our players are as good and often better than those south of the border.

If Fulham or West Brom or any other English side want one of the best players in British football they should pay the going rate accordingly.The bidding should start at an absolute minimum of £10 million.

3 or 4 million is frankly an insult to Steven and to our club and to Scottish football in general. (tu)

You're assuming Carrol was actually valued at £35m. I think before the transfer, the figure most would quote would be around the £10m mark.

Just Liverpool were crazy and forked out £35m on him.

As they say; a fool and his money.......................

It matters not a jot what Carroll was valued at before his move to Liverpool. His price tag says £35 million and that is what counts.

How many SPL strikers are being pursued by EPL clubs at the moment?

Steven Naismith is exceptional. We as a club and as a support should recognise this fact and while I hope Steven stays at Ibrox for many years to come we must ensure we get the best deal possible for our club should he move south.

Personally , I am sick to the back teeth of English sides stealing our best players for comparatively speaking , pennies.

No wonder Scottish football in general and our own club in particular are in the mess we are in financially when we won't stand up and say our players are as good and often better than those south of the border.

If Fulham or West Brom or any other English side want one of the best players in British football they should pay the going rate accordingly.The bidding should start at an absolute minimum of £10 million.

3 or 4 million is frankly an insult to Steven and to our club and to Scottish football in general. (tu)

Exeptional is a very strong word. I would use it for strikers in the world class range. He is however very very good. £10 million would be a fairly good price for him.

I think you picked the wrong forum to get a true answer to your queries tbf.

No mate, this is the perfect place to discuss and compare our players with players from other leagues. (tu)

162 votes for Stevie Naismith

10 votes for Andy Carroll

What do you think the results of this very same poll would be on a Liverpool forum?

They - the English - constantly over rate their own players and league while rubbishing the SPL and our best players , then buy the likes of Jela for half of his true market value and I for one think it's time we woke up to this fact. :dry:

No mate, this is the perfect place to discuss and compare our players with players from other leagues. (tu)

162 votes for Stevie Naismith

10 votes for Andy Carroll

What do you think the results of this very same poll would be on a Liverpool forum?

They - the English - constantly over rate their own players and league while rubbishing the SPL and our best players , then buy the likes of Jela for half of his true market value and I for one think it's time we woke up to this fact. :dry:

I'm very awake (tu)

I just think you may see slightly bias opinions on Naismith on here, maybe i dunno perhaps i'm being silly...

A Liverpool forum would be a shite place to ask the question anaw. In all honesty i don't think you could get an unbias opinion from anyone who has seen enough on either to comment.

Would take Naismith every day of the week. He is a much more Skillful player than carrol better with the ball at his feet and in my opinion he is better in the air. Not as a target man but some of the headers carrol has missed naisy would slot home with ease

• 4 months later...