Should we as fans be more......

MisterC

politically correct? All too often we are castigated by others who maybe dont quite appreciate what we are about and I thought maybe if the fans started to act in a more PC manner such attacks on us would desist. Is it worth trying, I mean its not just the religious contect people grind their gears about but also the swearing which for me has no place at the football. I am fed up hearing the F word shouted out by people who do seem to get quite het up at the football. Maybe its time fans took a chill pill and realised that football is not the be all and end all. However, realisitcally that wont happen. What is realistic is that fans act more civilised and cut out the swearing and nastiness at games and maybe behaved more resposnsibly and in a more PC manner. What do you guys think, is it time to be more PC or is it not that big a deal?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swears are fine, some of the other bullshit that comes with following certain clubs I'd happily see rid off, nigh on impossible to do such a thing though

I would never take my young kids to a game to hear them exposed to such language. Just as well they wouldnt hear it in their school playground or I would have a right pair of foul mouthed reprobates on my hand. In all seriousness though there is no need for swearing, all it does is expose ones limited vocabulary.

I would never take my young kids to a game to hear them exposed to such language. Just as well they wouldnt hear it in their school playground or I would have a right pair of foul mouthed reprobates on my hand. In all seriousness though there is no need for swearing, all it does is expose ones limited vocabulary.

I'm not really a big swearer, but at the same time, I don't really have much against it. I feel it's pretty prevelant wherever you go, not just at the football. Think swearing can genuinely have a beauty to it at times but I'd agree that it's not the nicest to hear some guy frothing at the mouth, screaming at our players after a misplaced pass or something

politically correct? All too often we are castigated by others who maybe dont quite appreciate what we are about and I thought maybe if the fans started to act in a more PC manner such attacks on us would desist. Is it worth trying, I mean its not just the religious contect people grind their gears about but also the swearing which for me has no place at the football. I am fed up hearing the F word shouted out by people who do seem to get quite het up at the football. Maybe its time fans took a chill pill and realised that football is not the be all and end all. However, realisitcally that wont happen. What is realistic is that fans act more civilised and cut out the swearing and nastiness at games and maybe behaved more resposnsibly and in a more PC manner. What do you guys think, is it time to be more PC or is it not that big a deal?

fuck off!