Burley onto Lemmon again lol

North Rd

Lol Burley better watch his windows tonight......

For the umpteenth time this season Neil Lennon’s comments have me bewildered and shaking my head in disbelief.

His assertion that he can win the Champions League with Celtic was plastered all over the back pages yesterday morning.

Do me a favour.

What he should have said was that considering Celtic haven’t reached the group stages of that tournament since 2008, it would be a fine achievement just to get past the qualifying rounds and into the Champions League proper this time around.

I’d have been in agreement with every word of that.

But the Celtic gaffer’s game is to appeal to the masses, say what a lot of fans want to hear and those with tunnel vision buy into it.

The comments came hot on the heels of

Lennon’s remarks that he felt able to take his place alongside Jock Stein after winning his first championship.

He isn’t ready to do that. Not by a long, long way. Those comments were misguided and lacked class.

At Rugby Park last week he also thanked the fans for their backing and said they weren’t just a support, they were a part of the Celtic family. I almost choked when he said that.

Listen, you’re only part of the family when you are able to make a contribution. When you are no longer doing that you are booed by the fans and booted out by the club. You become disposable very quickly. You are a commodity, an employee. Family? Nonsense.

Just ask Tony Mowbray. Tony Cascarino. Even Lennon.

Lennon was booed by some Celtic fans during the UEFA Cup semi-final against Boavista at Celtic Park. Martin O’Neill blasted the fans for it. Lennon’s dad stopped going to games because he was sickened by the way his son was treated.

I helped play my part in

stopping Rangers winning the title in 1998. Stopped 10-in-a-row. Preserved a piece of history for the club.

I’d been down in England for a decade before I signed for Celtic in 1997. I was totally detached from Scottish football and couldn’t have told you if we were trying to stop nine-in-a-row, 10-in-a-row or 29-in-a-row.

We lost our first two league games and the fans wanted Wim Jansen out the door and many made it clear to me I could f*** off back to Chelsea.

The pressure on the players was unbelievable. Fans constantly begged us to make sure we stopped Rangers. It was as though their lives depended on it.

We dug in and won the league.

That season I was voted Player of the Year by Celtic Supporters’ Clubs all around the world and also won the award given by the sports writers.

I’m sure now some Celtic fans would like to imagine I never played my part in that success. I’ll never erase it from my mind. It’s in my memory bank and will never be taken away from me.

Quite a number of them made their feelings clear when they aimed a string of verbal obscenities at me at Rugby Park last weekend.

All because Lennon had a go at me after Celtic drew 1-1 up at Aberdeen last month. I said that day the title was devalued because Rangers were on their knees and other clubs didn’t have two coins to rub together.

I said that made it a bit hollow and unfortunate. However, I did point out that Celtic were worthy winners. That, however, appears to have been lost along the way

I can only imagine Lennon didn’t hear my comments properly because if he did then he wouldn’t have been offended. But he blasted me and the sycophantic fans have jumped on the bandwagon.

I don’t regret my comments. I’m not paid to be liked. I’m paid to give an honest opinion. Other pundits bore you to tears with propaganda and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Lennon, of course, has every right to feel proud at winning the SPL. He’s every right to enjoy this title success. He has built the best team in the country and they play the best football. They are deserved champions.

But he would do well to stop the ludicrous comments. I’m

certainly not fooled by them.

Lol Burley better watch his windows tonight......

For the umpteenth time this season Neil Lennon’s comments have me bewildered and shaking my head in disbelief.

His assertion that he can win the Champions League with Celtic was plastered all over the back pages yesterday morning.

Do me a favour.

What he should have said was that considering Celtic haven’t reached the group stages of that tournament since 2008, it would be a fine achievement just to get past the qualifying rounds and into the Champions League proper this time around.

I’d have been in agreement with every word of that.

But the Celtic gaffer’s game is to appeal to the masses, say what a lot of fans want to hear and those with tunnel vision buy into it.

The comments came hot on the heels of

Lennon’s remarks that he felt able to take his place alongside Jock Stein after winning his first championship.

He isn’t ready to do that. Not by a long, long way. Those comments were misguided and lacked class.

At Rugby Park last week he also thanked the fans for their backing and said they weren’t just a support, they were a part of the biggest pedophile ring in the world I almost choked when he said that.

Listen, you’re only part of the family when you are able to make a contribution. When you are no longer doing that you are booed by the fans and booted out by the club. You become disposable very quickly. You are a commodity, an employee. Family? Nonsense.

Just ask Tony Mowbray. Tony Cascarino. Even Lennon.

Lennon was booed by some Celtic fans during the UEFA Cup semi-final against Boavista at Celtic Park. Martin O’Neill blasted the fans for it. Lennon’s dad stopped going to games because he was sickened by the way his son was treated.

I helped play my part in

stopping Rangers winning the title in 1998. Stopped 10-in-a-row. Preserved a piece of history for the club.

I’d been down in England for a decade before I signed for Celtic in 1997. I was totally detached from Scottish football and couldn’t have told you if we were trying to stop nine-in-a-row, 10-in-a-row or 29-in-a-row.

We lost our first two league games and the fans wanted Wim Jansen out the door and many made it clear to me I could f*** off back to Chelsea.

The pressure on the players was unbelievable. Fans constantly begged us to make sure we stopped Rangers. It was as though their lives depended on it.

We dug in and won the league.

That season I was voted Player of the Year by Celtic Supporters’ Clubs all around the world and also won the award given by the sports writers.

I’m sure now some Celtic fans would like to imagine I never played my part in that success. I’ll never erase it from my mind. It’s in my memory bank and will never be taken away from me.

Quite a number of them made their feelings clear when they aimed a string of verbal obscenities at me at Rugby Park last weekend.

All because Lennon had a go at me after Celtic drew 1-1 up at Aberdeen last month. I said that day the title was devalued because Rangers were on their knees and other clubs didn’t have two coins to rub together.

I said that made it a bit hollow and unfortunate. However, I did point out that Celtic were worthy winners. That, however, appears to have been lost along the way

I can only imagine Lennon didn’t hear my comments properly because if he did then he wouldn’t have been offended. But he blasted me and the sycophantic fans have jumped on the bandwagon.

I don’t regret my comments. I’m not paid to be liked. I’m paid to give an honest opinion. Other pundits bore you to tears with propaganda and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Lennon, of course, has every right to feel proud at winning the SPL. He’s every right to enjoy this title success. He has built the best team in the country and they play the best football. They are deserved champions.

But he would do well to stop the ludicrous comments. I’m

certainly not fooled by them.

Lennon was booed by some Celtic fans during the UEFA Cup semi-final against Boavista at Celtic Park.

WOW, forgot about that lol..... Scum fans won't like this :lol::lol::uk:

(tu)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/161400/Lennon-dad-in-Celtic-ban.html?print=yes

Some real interesting quotes in that article that dispel many a myth. :sherlock: