victor wanyama handball

the wanyama contact is minimal, but ledley jumps with his arm out to block...

is it just me who thinks like that? everyone seems to think wanyamas was more of a penalty

i think both are 50/50 shouts, but then when you couple them bother together in a matter of seconds, its difficutl for the ref not to blow for it.

the ledley one, he is a coward about it, you dont turn your back on a shot like that, you man up and face up to the shot. He trusn his back and extends his arm out. Blocked a shot - seen them given all day long.

Wanyamas one, its hard to say if he means it or not, but he clearly paws the ball, which is moving much slower - and looks like hand-to-ball to me. The touch he gets on it also prevents it going to a hearts player.

First time I've seen it like this. There are no appeals from the surrounding Hearts players until Wanyama touches it. The minimal contact on the ball has altered the direction in which it's going. That's a penalty.

I broke it down in another thread but both ledley and wanyama handled the ball. The referee, when questioned by Frather Fothter, points out 2 players handled. This is shown by him raising two fingers. It couldn't be any fucking clearer.

To be fair the two fingers might have meant something else. ;)

Seriously, Wanyama's hand moves towards the ball and plays it. Got to be a penalty.

i think both are 50/50 shouts, but then when you couple them bother together in a matter of seconds, its difficutl for the ref not to blow for it.

the ledley one, he is a coward about it, you dont turn your back on a shot like that, you man up and face up to the shot. He trusn his back and extends his arm out. Blocked a shot - seen them given all day long.

Wanyamas one, its hard to say if he means it or not, but he clearly paws the ball, which is moving much slower - and looks like hand-to-ball to me. The touch he gets on it also prevents it going to a hearts player.

to be fair ive only seen the .gif in the other thread so still to see a good video of it

Love the fact that Ledley and TLB seem to be delighting in the fact that the ref stated that he thought Wanyama handled it as if it was proof that he got it wrong...on the assumption that he had mistaken Ledley and Wanyama but low and behold Wanyama did fucking handle it!

Also, Thompson in his interview says; "Whether Hooper was offside or not, it got us back in the game only for a decision to cost us!" The ridiculous irony in that statment is beyond belief!

lolol i know thats what i thought,fucking idiot a