Shane

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's low...

:mutley:

Laughing with the biggest David Murray bum boy there is, must say I thought better of you casey, even if we don't agree on everything.

The debt built up by Murray's spending outwith our means for years not to mention the EBT situation, we weren't just going to be able to stick it out forever, Lloyds would still very much have been a problem too. I'm not going to pretend I can exactly outline when it would have happened or what would have been the trigger but Craig Whyte did not create this situation all by himself in 9 months, too much attention is taken away from the complete mess created by the undeserving 'Sir'.

Let me note again this is not defending Whyte in the slightest.

Laughing with the biggest David Murray bum boy there is, must say I thought better of you casey, even if we don't agree on everything.

The debt built up by Murray's spending outwith our means for years not to mention the EBT situation, we weren't just going to be able to stick it out forever, Lloyds would still very much have been a problem too. I'm not going to pretend I can exactly outline when it would have happened or what would have been the trigger but Craig Whyte did not create this situation all by himself in 9 months, too much attention is taken away from the complete mess created by the undeserving 'Sir'.

EBT's aside the debt was entirely managable and being managed....while winning leagues at the same time....

His post wasn't funny because of/in spite of his stance on Murray. It was just funny.

I'm the last person to defend Murray, but we were apparently 'debt-free' on the day Whyte took over.

EBT's aside the debt was entirely managable and being managed....while winning leagues at the same time....

EBTs are a big deal, even if we win the tribunal entirely it's dragged on so long that the uncertainty has been damaging.

Somebody must have made a mistake somewhere for HMRC to feel they have such a strong case, they can't have just plucked it out of thin air.

His post wasn't funny because of/in spite of his stance on Murray. It was just funny.

I'm the last person to defend Murray, but we were apparently 'debt-free' on the day Whyte took over.

Like I just said above, the EBTs have been very damaging whatever the result of the case.

Not to get into another David Murray debate but the debt was only managed when Lloyds came in and made the cuts that Murray himself wasn’t man enough to make.

Murray mismanaged Rangers for more than a decade and installed this debt culture we have now and have had hanging over our heads for many years now. He is absolute cunt of a man who cared not a jot for this club and as soon as someone came to take over a sinking ship he didn’t bother to do the relative checks.

We are where we are today because of Murray and Whyte together, Murray loaded the gun and passed it to CW.

We were debt free because of Lloyds who were running the show and making cutbacks when Whyte took over....

I was specifically answering the charge that today's debts weren't all down to Whyte.

We knew about the tax case and it's ramifications then, so... not sure where the discrepancy is here. Lloyds was paying down the debts to itself because that was their only concern.

The Big Tax Case makes up a very large part of the possible debt.

Exactly. Which wasn't debt on the club when Whyte took over because it still hasn't been determined what the figure is.

So more talking in circles and avoiding the crux of the argument from certain doddles.

And that's the sort of faulted logic TBK's bid is based on.

You're a well-informed chap for someone who hates TBK and the various fan groups with a passion AND lives thousands of miles away. Even the result of the FTT is known to you.

What's your secret?

Murray said: "It's important not to get carried away by headline figures. The outcome of the big tax case is still an unknown at this stage and so, as things stand, the club is around £55m in debt. That figure doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Let's put it this way, it's not something that would make me alter my position in terms of what the Blue Knights are trying to achieve here."

10310.gif

Proximity to Ibrox seems to matter a lot to people coming to defense of the SG's.

Since you're twisting my words again I'll elaborate further.

I'm reading the same info as you, and have obviously come to completely different conclusions based off the info. So be it.

But to continue to accuse me of unabashed hatred of the supporters' groups is obfuscating everything I've said til now. I think the SG's do some great things; I think their actions re: Administration and the resulting bidding process has been misleading, a disservice to the support at large (not all of us are happy-camper members of one of their little clubs), and at times shameful.

If it makes you feel better, we're moving back to Chicago soon, so my flights back to the UK can be non-stop instead of me having a layover in JFK.